2011-2012 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
same here

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the pool. Does anyone want to play Marco Polo with me until interviews come out?

The ladies are preferred.;);)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the pool. Does anyone want to play Marco Polo with me until interviews come out?

The ladies are preferred.;);)

And then maybe go shower, dry off, and play some volleyball....preferably on the MCW lawn.

Small pooled today, too.

Anyone else applying Early Decision? I haven't heard of anyone yet.

I think I remember reading in last year's thread that the numbers were something like this:

Applications ~ 6000
Small Pool ~ 1500-2000 (I think this one was sort of a WAG)
Interviews ~ 600-800
Acceptances ~ 400
Matriculants - 204

Anyone care to confirm/deny/challenge those numbers?

As to what next... the feeling I got from a presentation by the old Dir. of Admissions was that they assign some sort of score or weight to the applications during the first review. For each interview invite round they take the top X number of applications, offer an invite. The next round they take the next top X number, etc. So it's possible that someone in the first round of interviews could have a lower score than someone in the second round, if the person in the second round didn't have their app in by the time the first round went out. Or something like that.

Again, total speculation on my part with very minimal information. But isn't that what these threads are all about? Passing the time by making up stories? :p

Apps: ~6250
Interviews: ~700
Acceptances: ~480
Matriculants: 204

I have no idea about the actual size of the small pool.

According to my msar online account for last year, 6255 applied total, 5405 oos. And 516 oos interviewed (699 total interviews), not sure about small pool numbers, but I'm willing to bet your numbers are about right.

According to my msar online account for last year, 6255 applied total, 5405 oos. And 516 oos interviewed (699 total interviews), not sure about small pool numbers, but I'm willing to bet your numbers are about right.

Bet me. I'll make up some numbers and prove you wrong.

I think I remember reading in last year's thread that the numbers were something like this:

Applications ~ 6000
Small Pool ~ 1500-2000 (I think this one was sort of a WAG)
Interviews ~ 600-800
Acceptances ~ 400
Matriculants - 204

Apps: ~6250
Interviews: ~700
Acceptances: ~480
Matriculants: 204
Hey, not too shabby for a Monday morning recall. Maybe my old lady memory isn't as bad as I thought...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! We just finished up orientation, and today's the first day of classes for the M1s. Even just a week in, its amazing how supportive and friendly the campus, atmosphere and overall program is here. Good luck to everyone applying here this round and feel free to send me any questions you have!
Is Dr. Wagner at least still making cameos?

Are the small pool e-mails coming in waves or did they all come at the same time this morning?

Does anyone know if you don't get small pooled are you ineligible for an interview?

Thanks.
Mine came at 7:01 AM Pacific time.

I think you do need to be pooled first before you can be given an II.

pooled.

that whole "This is not an interview invite" bolded header of the email really gets your excitement level right back down to normal ;)

pooled.

that whole "This is not an interview invite" bolded header of the email really gets your excitement level right back down to normal ;)

pooled as well and I saw that part in the preview of the message, such a tease lol

Did anyone who applied NOT get a small pool email?

Feel your pain. I was complete in mid-July and have not received an email today. I also grew up in Wisconsin, lived about 2 miles away from MCW...not a resident now...if that makes you feel any better.

I didn't receive an email.

Complete 7/25/11. Anyone receive small pool that was complete on or after 7/25/11?

hey i didnt get one either, i guess we are out..i cant believe it. I thought i had decent stats (3.8/31 Mcat)

hey i didnt get one either, i guess we are out..i cant believe it. I thought i had decent stats (3.8/31 Mcat)

You also didn't receive a rejection e-mail, so you're not out, Docta.

I wouldn't assume we are out. This was the first that anyone heard from MCW.

if you were complete before the applicants who were small pooled, then I would worry a little bit but other schools have small pooled out of order.

no worries yet. :cool:

The small pool is nothing really but a step in the right direction. Like I said I was pooled all year last year and finally got rejected in the summer.

I didn't receive an email.

Complete 7/25/11. Anyone receive small pool that was complete on or after 7/25/11?

I was Certified Jun 23 2011 11:03AM / Complete 07/18/2011 and absolutely nothing NO message (Status is written as Messages:No Messages at this time) and NO email. So I guess I'm out? :laugh:

Did anyone who applied NOT get a small pool email?
I did not. Grew up in Milwaukee, non-trad applicant. Pretty disappointed :( Hopefully they will send out more later on but I was complete June 23rd so I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck.

Good luck to everyone else! If you have questions about where to go/stay in Milwaukee if you get interviews let me know :)

I was Certified Jun 23 2011 11:03AM / Complete 07/18/2011 and absolutely nothing NO message (Status is written as Messages:No Messages at this time) and NO email. So I guess I'm out? :laugh:

Wait: I certified June 23rd but never got a complete e-mail. Since you said you were complete on July 18th does that mean you got an e-mail notification?

Thanks

Couldnt it just be that they have not sent out all of the small pools?

Couldnt it just be that they have not sent out all of the small pools?

maybe...but why would they go out of order, there have been people here complete after me who have been small pooled..so it is most likely a high chance that i wasn't...im not sure..just disappointed..would it be weird to call them and ask if i was going to get pooled or not?

maybe...but why would they go out of order, there have been people here complete after me who have been small pooled..so it is most likely a high chance that i wasn't...im not sure..just disappointed..would it be weird to call them and ask if i was going to get pooled or not?

A little weird, yes, but who know maybe they will tell you.
I doubt it would change your status either way. If they do tell you, send me a note and I will call too :thumbup:

Small pooled this morning complete 8/1 (I'm OOS applied last year, was small pooled but no II. Hope I get one this year:xf:)

I was certified Jun 21, and I haven't gotten a small pool status.

I don't know about anyone else, but my fingers and toes are getting a bit wrinkly from swimming in all of these small pools...

The online status page hasn't changed at all for me (even though I got a pool email today) so I guess they don't tell you online

Status
Not open for further replies.