2011-2012 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, another Wednesday has almost come to an end with no invites....

:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Alas, another Wednesday has almost come to an end with no invites....

:xf:

I would love to be an adcom and watch these forums. I'd create a username just to mess with us. "I heard that they're going to send invites at 2:30 a.m. tomorrow!"

I would love to be an adcom and watch these forums. I'd create a username just to mess with us. "I heard that they're going to send invites at 2:30 a.m. tomorrow!"

Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
no pool yet :(

Guess MCW is not the right fit for me.

I just called the admission department and they said interviews will be going out within the next two weeks! THE WAITING CONTINUES....

I just called the admission department and they said interviews will be going out within the next two weeks! THE WAITING CONTINUES....

Someone double check this guy isn't an adcom ;). JK

Does anyone know if it's possible to get an interview if you're not pooled? I'm wondering what it really means...I haven't heard anything from them and submitted on the first day it came out.

Just got my interview invite. Sept 16! Squeeeee!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! New one here :) 32P/3.6/IS Complete on 8/2 and small pooled 8/22.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but MCW is my number one choice!!! I've been hearing interview invites are going out in a couple weeks, so I was just curious, PostHaste- is that for early decision or are you regular pool?? I hope 8/2 isn't too late!

Post Haste is EDP, so unless you're also applying that way don't hold your breath today! ;)

p.s. congrats on your interview

Yes, early decision for me. The email made it sound like there was not much option on the date. Sounds like the format is similar to what we heard about last year - two 30-minute interviews, some presentations, and a tour. No indications of how many people will be there with me.

I'm so relieved to have made it through to the interview. My undergrad transcript has some scars and I'm far from being a good writer. Just one more hoop...

Pooled today! hooray! I was done mid july so i thought i was just gonna get a silent rejection from MCW. I'm relieved.

Pooled today too

Any hope for us folks that get small pooled?

Hey I guess I'm going to join the party here. OOS Complete 8/5 Pooled 8/22. Anxiously awaiting interview!

Pooled today! hooray! I was done mid july so i thought i was just gonna get a silent rejection from MCW. I'm relieved.

You give me hope. I was complete the end of July, so maybe there is still chance I can be pooled? :xf:

You give me hope. I was complete the end of July, so maybe there is still chance I can be pooled? :xf:

Does pooled really have any significance? lol

Small pooled this morning! There is still hope for those not treading water yet:D

"Dear Mr. Slowpoke:

This is not an invitation to interview
Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continuing interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin.

The committee has completed its review of your application. It has been moved to a pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. So, candidates are selected to receive an invitation by strength of credentials and completion date of application. If and when we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Jennifer L. Haluzak
Director of Admissions"

Received: (06/17/2011)
Completed: (7/5/2011)

cgpa: 3.6
sgpa: 3.57
MCAT: 31O

"Dear Mr. Slowpoke:

This is not an invitation to interview
Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continuing interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin.

The committee has completed its review of your application. It has been moved to a pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. So, candidates are selected to receive an invitation by strength of credentials and completion date of application. If and when we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Jennifer L. Haluzak
Director of Admissions"

Received: (06/17/2011)
Completed: (7/5/2011)

cgpa: 3.6
sgpa: 3.57
MCAT: 31O

congrats on the small pool!
hoping for a pool soon :xf:

you still have only 1 interview?

small pooled this afternoon
complete before July

I had a vision while over caffeinated earlier this morning: invites will start tomorrow.

congrats on the small pool!
hoping for a pool soon :xf:

you still have only 1 interview?

Thank you! :)

Yes, currently I am still holding onto one precious opportunity to push for my goals further. Definitely puts more pressure on me to do my best, but I'm remaining optimistic. I think my work is keeping me very busy so I have minimal time to over analyze things.

I just checked out your MDapps! Congratulations on so many interviews man!!! you deserve it!!!! :thumbup::xf:

Well I got pooled today soooo it's time to post the lamest/coolest song.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzVB3zHeh4U[/YOUTUBE]

Well I got pooled today soooo it's time to post the lamest/coolest song.

[YOUTUBE]zzVB3zHeh4U[/YOUTUBE]

Dear Fellow Radiohead Enthusiast,

I regret to inform you that I do not agree with all of your music choices; however, I do approve of at least one. jk :)
I'm very excited for you congrats!

Dear Fellow Radiohead Enthusiast,

I regret to inform you that I do not agree with all of your music choices; however, I do approve of at least one. jk :)
I'm very excited for you congrats!

Dear Fellow Awesome Person,

Thank you for the kind congratulations. Do not worry, I am not actually a fan of the posted song. I am on the lamest side of the slash. However, the song has a long history with me and the song fit the moment. Good luck with everything and I hope your jigsaw falls into place.

I just submitted my application last week. How long does it typically take for them to record my rec letters as received?

small pooled this morning :D
(complete 6/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.