2011-2012 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?? I was certified Sept 1 and I had assigned my letters on AMCAS a week earlier and it still says my letters are not received.....

Calm.... I'm sure they've got a bunch of applications to sort through right now and it has been less than one week for yours. Give it some time.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
boy, do i feel silly.....

Ha. I'm inspired by the number of schools you've applied to. You've written more essays in the last month than I did my entire college career.

So I guess I'm just about the last one to join the party . . . submitted just now.

They said they would be flexible with the Bio/Chem/Phys professor letter requirement since I majored in Engineering (which was nice), but what about the other "classroom prof" letter? I am using a classroom professor who was actually my academic advisor so she knows me very very well but I never actually had her in class . . . Maybe that won't be clear from the letter :)

Ya'll think I'm SOL for applying here to late?

^Holy moly. You're the only person I've seen on here who's applying to more schools than I am.

^Holy moly. You're the only person I've seen on here who's applying to more schools than I am.

Cha, no kidding. I checked homeboy's profile after I read this and he must need that coffee, my friend. If secondaries cost an average of $80 a pop (a rough estimate) he's got an investment of over $4700 in apps alone, before interview travel. What a champ.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing, huh? Is today not the Wednesday we've been waiting for?

Another Wednesday goes by. I think we may hear something on Friday based on when the EDP invitation went out.

Hey everyone! I just got an interview invite today after being small pooled yesterday!

Just got an invite! Guess today IS the Wednesday we've been waiting for!

Interview invite... regular decision.

congrats with the interviews!! hopefully we will hear of some more to come soon!

Have the emails been rolling throughout the day or did you guys get them all at the same time? Congratulations to everyone with interviews!!

Invite! I deserve it the most; I prophesied them being sent out today :laugh:

Invite! I deserve it the most; I prophesied them being sent out today :laugh:

Congrats, what time did it come in your inbox? I'm also trying to figure out if they are trickling them out or if a giant wave was sent out.

Congrats, what time did it come in your inbox? I'm also trying to figure out if they are trickling them out or if a giant wave was sent out.

Also would like to know. Haven't seen anything in my inbox. Hopefully they're trickling them out.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

interview invite! I got mine at 2:45 cst. Very exciting.

i think you will be getting interview invite here too! :)

I hope so! It is a nice and close commute, and I have heard great things about the school. :xf: Judging by your screen name, you are probably close too. Good luck!

Interview invite as well! Mine was also sent at 2:45p. Very exciting!

Invite here. Got it at 1 pm AZ time, whatever time zone we're in at the moment.

Congrats to those with IIs today.

I was small pooled 8/22, no invite yet. I wonder if they have made all of their selections for interview invites on people who were small pooled before September...does anyone know if they continue to review those of us who have been swimming in the pool for a long time? :xf:

It cannot be over for us yet. If you look at those with IIs today, most have stellar stats - the first 4 I looked at had interviews at Yale, the next 2 were IS. Us average blokes may be picked up in the next batch and will have second -- last picks on interview dates.

I was small pooled 8/22, no invite yet. I wonder if they have made all of their selections for interview invites on people who were small pooled before September...does anyone know if they continue to review those of us who have been swimming in the pool for a long time? :xf:

It cannot be over for us yet. If you look at those with IIs today, most have stellar stats - the first 4 I looked at had interviews at Yale, the next 2 were IS. Us average blokes may be picked up in the next batch and will have second -- last picks on interview dates.

I actually have mediocre stats. 3.72 GPA 3.66 science and 29R, OOS. There is hope for non-stellar stats!

Hey all,

Congrats to everyone who received invites today! Hopefully your interview experience will be a great as mine was a couple years ago (wow I feel old). To those of you who didn't get an interview, MCW does indeed keep your file in a "review" pile of sorts. I'm not on the admissions committee but I know plenty of people who were passed over a couple of times before receiving an interview and were ultimately accepted. Just remember, SDN can make you feel like the admissions world is passing you by, but lots of applicants are just turning in primaries now.

As always, feel free to shoot me a PM or post a message here. Looking forward to seeing some of you on campus!

Hey all,

Congrats to everyone who received invites today! Hopefully your interview experience will be a great as mine was a couple years ago (wow I feel old). To those of you who didn't get an interview, MCW does indeed keep your file in a "review" pile of sorts. I'm not on the admissions committee but I know plenty of people who were passed over a couple of times before receiving an interview and were ultimately accepted. Just remember, SDN can make you feel like the admissions world is passing you by, but lots of applicants are just turning in primaries now.

As always, feel free to shoot me a PM or post a message here. Looking forward to seeing some of you on campus!

what if you haven't been small pooled yet and were complete early july?

Thanks. Yea, from the sounds of it, it was a mass email. Hopefully I'll get one in the next wave! :)

From the looks of last year's thread, their second wave went out about a month after the first one. Also in last year's thread, many people posted that they were small pooled early on (August-ish) and received interviews several months later. So don't lose hope if you were small pooled and not interviewed in the following interview wave. :)

From the looks of last year's thread, their second wave went out about a month after the first one. Also in last year's thread, many people posted that they were small pooled early on (August-ish) and received interviews several months later. So don't lose hope if you were small pooled and not interviewed in the following interview wave. :)

Oh, I haven't lost hope at all. Thanks for the bode of confidence, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.