2011-2012 University of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's a bummer. Would have been nice to a put a face to the chicken with all the answers :). I found the second visit very informative. I am really interested in TRIUMPH and the Global Health Certificate. I will have to look at this programs a little more closely, but they seem ideal for me. Bucky was definitely there and yes I took advantage of the photo-op :D

One of my best friends is in Triumph, its an awesome program; you make great friends with the people in the program and mke is close enough that you can come hang out with your Madison friends. I really like the hospitals in mke; Sinai and lukes are both awesome, and you still do surgery, psych, peds, and neuro at UW, so you get the experiences at both the mothership academic referral center and inner city community hospitals.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I received mine today as well, and I live in Madison. I called on Wednesday and they said they were sending out letters that day, I hope that helps.

Also, I am IS but the letter said nothing about IS vs OS wait list. I believe that there are two different list. Can anyone confirm that?

Also does anyone have any stats on wait lists in years past. It says they have taken as many as 30 and as few as 0. I am number 14 so I don't know what to think of that.
Hi all,

Thanks so much for providing helpful information throughout the application process. I recently received my waitlist ranking and am ranked relatively high on the non-resident alternate list. However, the letter says that in the last two years they have not pulled anyone from the non-resident alternate list. Does this mean that they will pull 30-40 from the resident waitlist before turning to the non-resident wailtist?

I am still holding out hope (because you never know what may happen and I would love love love to go here), but it sounds like there is essentially no chance for any OOS waitlisters. Does that sound about right to everyone else?

Thanks for your help!

The resident and non-resident waitlists aren't related. However, it works like this. UW has offers to ~100-110 IS students in the regular track and 20-30 in the WARM track. After may 15 (or before) some will turn them down and people will come off the waitlist. UW has offers to 40-60 OOS in both tracks. Basically historically they need to make more OOS offers to fill the class so they make enough that they know they'll probably get more than the 10% floor w/o the waitlist but will probably have between 10-20% OOS. If too many people accept, they could be over 20% (but this rarely happens bc they'll offer probably 22-24% so it's unlikely) and they won't go to the waitlist unless a whole bunch of people turn down the offers. In other words, they arent replacing OOS acceptees that go elsewhere from the waitlist on a 1:1 basis like they would on the IS waitlist. That being said, you never know; if you have a high rank than you def have a great shot. Last year the person ranked #1 on the OOS list didn't get in, though :(

The only way the IS list will affect the OOS is if they get through the entire IS waitlist and the class isn't full (not going to happen).

Hi all,

Thanks so much for providing helpful information throughout the application process. I recently received my waitlist ranking and am ranked relatively high on the non-resident alternate list. However, the letter says that in the last two years they have not pulled anyone from the non-resident alternate list. Does this mean that they will pull 30-40 from the resident waitlist before turning to the non-resident wailtist?

I am still holding out hope (because you never know what may happen and I would love love love to go here), but it sounds like there is essentially no chance for any OOS waitlisters. Does that sound about right to everyone else?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my letter today on the east coast. I am 30. Blurg.

That's the way the letter sounded to me. I hope you can get off the waitlist - sounds like you have a better chance than I do!

The resident and non-resident waitlists aren't related. However, it works like this. UW has offers to ~100-110 IS students in the regular track and 20-30 in the WARM track. After may 15 (or before) some will turn them down and people will come off the waitlist. UW has offers to 40-60 OOS in both tracks. Basically historically they need to make more OOS offers to fill the class so they make enough that they know they'll probably get more than the 10% floor w/o the waitlist but will probably have between 10-20% OOS. If too many people accept, they could be over 20% (but this rarely happens bc they'll offer probably 22-24% so it's unlikely) and they won't go to the waitlist unless a whole bunch of people turn down the offers. In other words, they arent replacing OOS acceptees that go elsewhere from the waitlist on a 1:1 basis like they would on the IS waitlist. That being said, you never know; if you have a high rank than you def have a great shot. Last year the person ranked #1 on the OOS list didn't get in, though :(

The only way the IS list will affect the OOS is if they get through the entire IS waitlist and the class isn't full (not going to happen).

Okay, this insight completely destroyed any shred of hope I was pathetically clinging to all these months. I do appreciate the dose of reality, though - makes it easier to let go.

This question is for any current or past medical student, as well as anyone who knows the area well. I am in the process of looking for an apartment near the campus and I am slightly worried about how quickly apartments are filling up. With this in mind, I have expanded my search to not only apartments that are a 5-10 minute walk from HSLC, but also downtown Madison. Any recommendations? Any warnings or cautionary statements? I am hesitant to move in downtown due to the close proximity of so many undergraduates that can be noisy and rowdy throughout the week. Considering I will be studying most of the day throughout the week, I figure this is less than ideal.

I guess my REAL question is: Is my hesitancy to move in downtown warranted or should I be OK as long as I get a medical/health professional student for a roommate? Thanks in advance!

This question is for any current or past medical student, as well as anyone who knows the area well. I am in the process of looking for an apartment near the campus and I am slightly worried about how quickly apartments are filling up. With this in mind, I have expanded my search to not only apartments that are a 5-10 minute walk from HSLC, but also downtown Madison. Any recommendations? Any warnings or cautionary statements? I am hesitant to move in downtown due to the close proximity of so many undergraduates that can be noisy and rowdy throughout the week. Considering I will be studying most of the day throughout the week, I figure this is less than ideal.

I guess my REAL question is: Is my hesitancy to move in downtown warranted or should I be OK as long as I get a medical/health professional student for a roommate? Thanks in advance!

I am an undergrad here who has lived downtown for the last 4 years. I strongly strongly advise AGAINST this. you are very right about how loud the undergraduate crowd is, at the risk of sounding incredibly old and lame... it is soooooooooo loud. i live near the kohl center and Wednesday-Saturday nights it is loud until the wee hours of the night. just my 2 cents, but I think you would be absolutely miserable down here as an M1. Plus, you do not want to be using the undergrad libraries as a med student.

A lot of my classmates lived downtown at least for M1. It was fine. Yeah you'll deal with some noise on the weekends (and some weeknights) but it really depends where you live.

That being said, I think Old University Ave and the surroundings are more convenient. I personally have lived near Hilldale the past four years and it's been very nice. The cost is significantly less than either Old U or downtown, it's right on a bus line, and the places are a bit more spacious. Also, the brand new supertarget and stores/restaurants at Hilldale are all within walking distance, and downtown is a 5-10 min drive; all in all, not too bad.

Actually a lot of my classmates ARE using the undergrad libraries rather than Ebling; it's just much less annoyingly busy and you get bothered less; also it's really easy to get sick of the HSLC as nice as it is.

I am trying to look for housing as well. Everything decently priced around UW seems to be taken and then apartment buildings a few miles out don't know their availability quite yet..Do you think living 7 miles away will be an issue?

I am trying to look for housing as well. Everything decently priced around UW seems to be taken and then apartment buildings a few miles out don't know their availability quite yet..Do you think living 7 miles away will be an issue?

I wouldn't live that far away. I'm sure there are plenty of places around Kendall etc that are available.

I live ~7 miles from the HSLC on the east side. I'm a block off two bus lines that go directly to the hospital. It takes about 40 minutes from my front door into the HSLC atrium. I love it, but I'm non-trad. I study on the bus, pay much cheaper rent, and have huge backyard for my dog. It all depends on what's important to you.

Thanks! This is helpful.. I think I would rather get better value for my money a little bit away from campus, but maybe not that far.. :)

I wouldn't live that far away. I'm sure there are plenty of places around Kendall etc that are available.

I live ~7 miles from the HSLC on the east side. I'm a block off two bus lines that go directly to the hospital. It takes about 40 minutes from my front door into the HSLC atrium. I love it, but I'm non-trad. I study on the bus, pay much cheaper rent, and have huge backyard for my dog. It all depends on what's important to you.

Thanks! This is helpful.. I think I would rather get better value for my money a little bit away from campus, but maybe not that far.. :)

I pay $800 for a 1000 sq/ft apt near hilldale. It's 8 min bus ride from the hslc on like 4 diff lines and 5 min walk from hilldale; its not too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know any statistics regarding how successful reapplicants are? specifically IS? thanks in advance :)

does anyone know any statistics regarding how successful reapplicants are? specifically IS? thanks in advance :)

I don't have the data for the last two classes but I remember class of 2014 was ~10% IS reapplicants, so it's really common.

Has anyone heard anything regarding when the official financial aid award packages will be uploaded to myUW? I saw in previous year threads they were uploaded around mid-April.

Has anyone heard anything regarding when the official financial aid award packages will be uploaded to myUW? I saw in previous year threads they were uploaded around mid-April.

Disregard the above post; finaid just uploaded this evening! :D Guess I'll see everyone in August!

Oh and if anyone is looking for nice rentals, check out CCL Management (http://cclmanagement.com) - found a great place in Middleton and they're very easy to deal with.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the interview day description above. It's all a bunch of lip service. No one who's went to school here needs to hear how great this place is. We've got it, thanks. :thumbup:

I haven't seen this kind of disgust over a school's admissions on any other forum, and I have a hard time believing Wisconsinites are a more ungrateful bunch than most. UW has their admissions backwards and they're losing a lot of WI's best crop. These uber strong applicants actually want to stay in Madison, so welcome them and build a powerhouse instead of selecting lesser qualified applicants. I also don't buy that UW is selecting almost solely on application strength because we wouldn't be having this conversation right now if they were. There's no way there was 130+ IS applicants with a stronger application than me. I'm sorry, there just wasn't. To quote my family physician, "Wisconsin's admissions is who you know and who you blow."

Hiya, OOS accepted applicant here, who almost withdrew but ultimately decided to sleep on it. I have a similar background to yours, but took time off in the middle of undergrad, making me 23-24 when I was applying to med school.

First of all, I attended 10 interviews and it seems like EVERY school I've been to tried ridiculously hard to sell itself to the applicants on interview day. This is not just a Wisconsin problem. If you ask me, Michigan is the worst offender of the lot, and I felt nothing if not chafed when they wined, dined and then waitlisted me.

However, while the whole thing is very disappointing to people who get slapped with a rejection letter a few weeks after the interview, when it comes to the people who *are* accepted an interview day that focuses on the positives does go a long way in helping admitted students make a decision. For instance, the lovely time I had at my interview day is making me consider Wisconsin over two other top-tier schools.

Secondly - and I hope you'll forgive me - but you keep posting here to rant about how unfair the favoritism shown to "more experienced" candidates is, and this tells me that your maturity level leaves something to be desired. Maturity is not just about having diverse experiences - it's about trying your hardest, still not getting what you want, and dealing with it with grace. Maybe this is the reason Wisconsin favors people who are less than perfect - because there's no better opportunity to grow and become a better person than rejection and failure. And don't you want your doctor to be not only intellectually strong but a good person?

I think you wrote that you got in elsewhere? Be grateful for that - many people didn't get in anywhere, or else there would not be so many reapplicants.

I must also say that I'm patently offended that Wisconsin admissions are about who you know and who you blow. I knew NOBODY when I showed up for my interview, except for my sister-in-law to be, who's a very much non-premed undergrad and who's also from out of state. That's not much help, is it?

I need help. I am on the fence between three schools and time's running out.

Wisconsin made me feel loved and happy when I interviewed and visited on second look weekend. Minnesota's med school is pretty good too and gave me a wad of free money, but its biggest selling point to me remains the fact that I'd be able to live with extended family, with whom I've got a great relationship. WashU is close to #1 in rankings.

But all the apartment-chatter I just saw made me sick to my stomach - ptsd from living with random roommates and "friends" during undergrad and time off, horrendous experiences living on my own and trying to navigate the apartment market. It pretty much ruined my undergrad and made me do worse in school that I would've otherwise. I don't want to uproot myself yet again and move into yet another anonymous space, much less in a new town. I want to live in a real home with people who care and make me home-cooked meals, where I can feel feel safe.

Is it all normal or legitimate to choose a school based on living arrangement options? Should I just suck it up and hope it'll be different this time?

PM's welcome. I honestly might just end up picking out of a hat if I don't get input...

Wisconsin made me feel loved and happy when I interviewed and visited on second look weekend. Minnesota's med school is pretty good too and gave me a wad of free money, but its biggest selling point to me remains the fact that I'd be able to live with extended family, with whom I've got a great relationship. WashU is close to #1 in rankings.

But all the apartment-chatter I just saw made me sick to my stomach - ptsd from living with random roommates and "friends" during undergrad and time off, horrendous experiences living on my own and trying to navigate the apartment market. It pretty much ruined my undergrad and made me do worse in school that I would've otherwise. I don't want to uproot myself yet again and move into yet another anonymous space, much less in a new town. I want to live in a real home with people who care and make me home-cooked meals, where I can feel feel safe.

Is it all normal or legitimate to choose a school based on living arrangement options? Should I just suck it up and hope it'll be different this time?

PM's welcome. I honestly might just end up picking out of a hat if I don't get input...

Im in a similar boat as you. Im deciding between Wisconsin and OHSU, so I have no business advising you on how to decide, but I guess I will say that you should take solace in the fact that all 3 schools are great and no matter which you choose, you will receive a top-notch medical education. That kind of helps settle my nerves when I think about Madison vs Portland. Unfortunately, this doesn't bring me any closer to a decision though :confused:

Im in a similar boat as you. Im deciding between Wisconsin and OHSU, so I have no business advising you on how to decide, but I guess I will say that you should take solace in the fact that all 3 schools are great and no matter which you choose, you will receive a top-notch medical education. That kind of helps settle my nerves when I think about Madison vs Portland. Unfortunately, this doesn't bring me any closer to a decision though :confused:

Good luck with your decision. Knowing that there are no real wrong choices does make it a lot better. But moving to a new place coupled with the challenges of M1 is an occupational hazard of med school that few people talk about. I see you're currently in Arizona, but are you from either Wisconsin or Oregon? How do you feel about uprooting in general?

I think one way of looking at it is where would you rather settle down and continue your career. People do tend to have an edge in getting residencies if they've already done rotations in a given institution. Some schools have a disproportionate number of people who choose to stick around for residency at university-affiliated hospitals (case in point, Minnesota). Of course it doesn't have to be like this; many people see med school as simply a means to an end, or care about location only inasmuch as there are good career opportunities in the area.

Good luck with your decision. Knowing that there are no real wrong choices does make it a lot better. But moving to a new place coupled with the challenges of M1 is an occupational hazard of med school that few people talk about. I see you're currently in Arizona, but are you from either Wisconsin or Oregon? How do you feel about uprooting in general?

I think one way of looking at it is where would you rather settle down and continue your career. People do tend to have an edge in getting residencies if they've already done rotations in a given institution. Some schools have a disproportionate number of people who choose to stick around for residency at university-affiliated hospitals (case in point, Minnesota). Of course it doesn't have to be like this; many people see med school as simply a means to an end, or care about location only inasmuch as there are good career opportunities in the area.

Nope, I am from neither Oregon nor Wisconsin. As far as uprooting goes, for me, I've gotten a bit used to it. The Army prepared me well for moving to a foreign environment and being able to cope with it. I hope this will help me as an M1.

It's interesting you bring up the topic about residency and that students who've had the lay of the land during medical school have a higher chance of getting into their local residency because I just had this discussion with a few of the attending physicians I work with. I brought up this exact concern and what they did tell me was sort of reassuring. One told me that this idea about medical students having the upper hand at their local residency program is not entirely accurate, because any residency program can fill ALL their slots with students from their local medical school because everyone typically applies. He went on to explain that it is sometimes more difficult because residency directors specifically only hold a low number of seats for medical students from the local school and sometimes even prefer to choose applicants from different locations in order to prevent this "academic inbreeding" as he called it.

Now, this is one physician's opinion on the subject and whether this is the case, I really have no idea, but I can follow his reasoning. My decision making is along the lines of "where do I fit the best" and "which school sets me up for the greatest position AFTER medical school". I wouldn't necessarily say that I consider medical school a "means to an end", but all medical schools teach you the same material in order to prepare every one of us for the same exams. With that being said, which school's curriculum might fit me the best in order for me to do the best on the exams is what I’m concerned about. Curriculum, faculty, buildings, resources, students, weather, etc. are what I’m most interested in. I do sincerely apologize if I just through another variable into your decision making :(

I think familiarity is a nice thing; I will say that med school is a lot different than undergrad, though, and you will tend to spend a lot of time with your classmates; many med students end up living together and it works out pretty well, but if not, it's easy to find a place in most cities that is comfortable.

I think all three of the schools you're choosing between are nice. The things that I think make UW attractive of course include its academic reputation and research, but as I'm approaching the last couple weeks of med school, I think the best thing about UW is its very collegial atmosphere, both in the class and in the hospital community. I've spent time at 6 major academic centers during my medical career and I can say that not all academic hospitals are created equal. Some hospitals I rotated at were malignant and IMO not conducive to learning as a trainee; two of these hospitals are teaching affiliates of top 3 medical schools, fwiw. That is one thing that UW has going for it; I've hardly heard any examples of malignant behavior and just last month there was a grand rounds where one of our deans lectured faculty on faculty/student interactions and the data from the LCME survey showed a remarkable lack of "abuse" and extremely high satisfaction ratings.

no offense, but i am surprised one would make a life-trajectory decision based on getting home-cooked meals. your medical career will span, let's say, 30-40 years. medical school makes up only 4 of those years. view med school as basic training, if you will. shouldn't you be trying to focus on a school that will enhance your career, rather than worrying about the smaller things?

and if I read correctly, you're deciding between UW, UMN, and WashU. As a UW med student, i'm obviously supposed to say "Go UW," but...i'd split town in a second to go to WashU. i liked my interview day there--apparently the feeling wasn't mutual.

good luck to ya!

Hey Everyone, congrats on acceptances! I hear some of you are looking for a place to live, well we are looking for one last roommate for next year. We are 2 M2's and my fiance who works for the hospital. Our place is a little over a mile from school, but closer to 2 grocery stores and a starbucks. You would have your own room and share a bathroom with one person. We are asking for $325+utilities ($15/mo internet+ $40-60 for heat/electric). The floor plan is on the link below, we are the last one and you would have the middle room. We have 2 cats. The whole apartment is furnished except your room. Let me know if you would like more information!

http://www.cdliving.com/near_west_downtown_apartment_homes.asp?comp_id=33&area=2&type=1&pg=0&s=fl

no offense, but i am surprised one would make a life-trajectory decision based on getting home-cooked meals. your medical career will span, let's say, 30-40 years. medical school makes up only 4 of those years. view med school as basic training, if you will. shouldn't you be trying to focus on a school that will enhance your career, rather than worrying about the smaller things?

and if I read correctly, you're deciding between UW, UMN, and WashU. As a UW med student, i'm obviously supposed to say "Go UW," but...i'd split town in a second to go to WashU. i liked my interview day there--apparently the feeling wasn't mutual.

good luck to ya!

I'm with chick magnet on this one... Both WashU & Madison will do an excellent job preparing you for boards and your future career overall. If it was Wash U vs. 'some school not in the top 50', yeah, Wash U will be the obvious choice. But when the difference between schools is not as significant, going to one school vs. another is not what's going to make a difference in your preparation. At that point, given very similar resources, what matters is how you use them- and one could make the argument that being home you are under less stress, and therefore will utilize your resources better.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any lab positions available at UW? My boyfriend is moving to Madison with me. He graduated from U of MN with a degree in biomedical engineering and he has been working as a lab tech for the past two years. His ultimate goal is to get a PhD in biomedical engineering. He didn't get in this year, but will re-apply for next year. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for a job for him!
Thanks!

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any lab positions available at UW? My boyfriend is moving to Madison with me. He graduated from U of MN with a degree in biomedical engineering and he has been working as a lab tech for the past two years. His ultimate goal is to get a PhD in biomedical engineering. He didn't get in this year, but will re-apply for next year. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for a job for him!
Thanks!

Hey I'm a research assistant on my gap year right now and I found my job through this website

http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/WebListing/Unclassified/pvl_internet_report_home.html

Thank you very much! He got an interview for a biomedical engineering lab and he didn't get it because they said they want someone for longer than a year. Did you tell them that you plan on leaving after a year?

In State Wait List #6 accepted!!!!! Phone call from Kurt Hansen & e-mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In State Wait List #6 accepted!!!!! Phone call from Kurt Hansen & e-mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I think its unusual for #6 to be accepted so early. Hopefully this is good news for those of us still waiting.

Congratulations!!!! It must feel great!!! Hope more waiting also hear good news soon.

#2 IS waitlist.... got the call today too! :D soooo excited

Ok, NOW they decided to throw a large amount of money at me. Silly Wisconsin.

I was all set to go to the U of M and live with my lovely fiance and future in-laws, but now I guess I can just go stand on a corner with a sign saying "I cost $___ thousand a year."

Okay, sarcasm aside, my fiance is a non-trad premed who will be following me if I come to Madison. I'd like to know if there are opportunities for someone in that position to get either lab or clinical work, or if the employment market in that department is super-saturated by locals. He's got degrees from the U of MN and from an Ivy, if that makes a difference.

Finally, is it reasonably easy to get a studio apartment? I will NOT have roommates aside from the fiance. Never. Again.

Last edited:

good luck to ya!

Just to clarify, I am the sort of person who needs to be perfectly comfortable and have all her physical needs met in order to be happy, and only if I am happy can I be productive.

Shopping and cooking do take up mental space, as do relationships with roommates, if any. I'd like to put those things off for as long as possible.

Ok, NOW they decided to throw a large amount of money at me. Silly Wisconsin.

I was all set to go to the U of M and live with my lovely fiance and future in-laws, but now I guess I can just go stand on a corner with a sign saying "I cost $___ thousand a year."

Okay, sarcasm aside, my fiance is a non-trad premed who will be following me if I come to Madison. I'd like to know if there are opportunities for someone in that position to get either lab or clinical work, or if the employment market in that department is super-saturated by locals. He's got degrees from the U of MN and from an Ivy, if that makes a difference.

Finally, is it reasonably easy to get a studio apartment? I will NOT have roommates aside from the fiance. Never. Again.

Yes it'd be easy to get a studio apartment but Madison is cheap and I'd just as soon get a one bedroom, they're not very expensive and will give you many more options.

As far as finding paid work here, it's definitely possible but I'm not sure how the market is at the moment.

Just wanted to let you all know that the brand new redesigned uwmedstudents.com is online now thanks to one of our very resourceful m1s! It should help encourage communication between all of the classes, admin, and student orgs!

:eek:
*checks calender*

Number 6 off the list was accepted a full week before we even hit the May15th deposit deadline :eek:

That does seem quite unusual. Last year they had a record number of people off the waiting list (just under 30 IIRC) and that year they didn't take anyone from the list until May 16th, with number 10 finding out by May 19th or so.

Hmm, this is interesting. Either they are just moving the ball sooner this year and sending out acceptances ahead of the curve, or they were conservative in handing out acceptances this year and they are already needing to dip into the wait list.

If its the latter, this would be amazing news for anyone on the wait list, it means this year we could expect some serious movement on that list (knock on wood) :). In any case, almost all of the movement on the list happens in the next few weeks so things are going to get pretty exciting around here. From what I recall almost all the wait list movement happens in the last half of May and all but stops by the 2nd week of June. (last year they went to number 27 by the first week of June, and only picked up 2 more people over the next 2 months)

Best of luck everyone! :xf:

Is anyone who just got off the waitlist interested in rooming with me? I just committed to UW so am trying to find someone to live with. Thanks!

Going to Wisconsin Madison, officially (well, unless UMich decided to take me off their waitlist...)! 11th hour decision if there ever was one - I literally decided this morning.

No one is getting my coveted OOS spot after all, lol.

Just got the Call! Accepted!!! IS waitlist #14. Its definitely moving.

This is great many people are getting off the waitlist so soon. Much better now than having to wait later and rush plans. Hope you decide to come to Wisconsin and make your dreams of becoming a doctor a reality here!

Super excited to meet you all in the fall!!!

Just got the Call! Accepted!!! IS waitlist #14. Its definitely moving.

Wow, I'm in the top 10 on the waitlist now :)

Thanks for letting us know, you gave me (and others I'm sure) a lot of renewed hope:xf:

Last edited:
I made a huge mistake in deciding to come here. Please tell me I can still beg Minnesota to make me back.

I made a huge mistake in deciding to come here. Please tell me I can still beg Minnesota to make me back.

I don't think its possible to get back in if you already declined at Minnesota. I'm guessing Minnesota gave your spot to someone else as soon as you declined. You should call the adcom people at Minnesota to be sure though.

I am wondering why you had such a sudden complete change in heart though.

Status
Not open for further replies.