2012-2013 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did NYU ever send out official pre-interview rejection letters?

I didnt get one... and from the above I'm taking that interviews are over? So obviously no more invites.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, there are pp who interviewed in jan and heard already...they go by dates right?

this was one of the more student-friendly schools i interviewed at...i hope it's generous with financial aid.

Members don't see this ad :)
this was one of the more student-friendly schools i interviewed at...i hope it's generous with financial aid.

What does that mean? Which schools aren't student-friendly.

any December interviewees hear back yet? and if so, did you express interest in the 3 year program?

any December interviewees hear back yet? and if so, did you express interest in the 3 year program?

nada. so weird....what explains Jan interviewees hearing back vs. no word from Dec ppl?

Means they're probably not interested.

doesnt logically make sense unless they somehow interview in 2 halves (i.e fall/spring) and frontload the qualified applicants

doesnt logically make sense unless they somehow interview in 2 halves (i.e fall/spring) and frontload the qualified applicants

since when does anything in this entire process ever make any sense lol....i just feel that it's easier to cope with the idea and not get my hopes up only to be let down march 1st

I find it very hard to believe that they're not interested in an entire months worth of applicants

let's put it this way, they probably do accept the higher ranked applicants first, if you're not one of em, then you're most likely not going to hear back right away, especially about an acceptance....I'm not trying to disparage anyone, they were my top choice...if they wanted us, they'd tell us.....there's absolutely nothing random about they way any school sends out their acceptances, every detail is carefully deliberated

let's put it this way, they probably do accept the higher ranked applicants first, if you're not one of em, then you're most likely not going to hear back right away, especially about an acceptance....I'm not trying to disparage anyone, they were my top choice...if they wanted us, they'd tell us.....there's absolutely nothing random about they way any school sends out their acceptances, every detail is carefully deliberated

to be fair, you did interview in september. people have gotten in that interviewed your month

Members don't see this ad :)
to be fair, you did interview in september. people have gotten in that interviewed your month

exactly, that's y I'm not clinging to some last glimmer of hope. I wouldn't mind a waitlist but I'm not expecting more at this point

EDITED

Last edited:
Do you guys think we're going to hear tomorrow? Last friday people got a wave of emails, right?

I was told in my December interview that being late(r) in the application cycle, I was unlikely to hear back before March. Also, it seems to me that everyone who recently got accepted is interested in the 3-year program, so I'm pretty sure that's a factor in their acceptance. As for me, I am completely undecided as to which specialty I want to pursue, and they know that, so I'm going to hold on to that glimmer of hope for now ;-)

I was told in my December interview that being late(r) in the application cycle, I was unlikely to hear back before March. Also, it seems to me that everyone who recently got accepted is interested in the 3-year program, so I'm pretty sure that's a factor in their acceptance. As for me, I am completely undecided as to which specialty I want to pursue, and they know that, so I'm going to hold on to that glimmer of hope for now ;-)

what do u mean is interested in the 3 year program..i only found out about when it was publicly announced, no one even hinted at back in September when i interviewed...that's bs

what do u mean is interested in the 3 year program..i only found out about when it was publicly announced, no one even hinted at back in September when i interviewed...that's bs

I don't think it has anything to do with interest in the 3 year program. I certainly have none nor was there anything in my app to indicate i want to finish in 3 years and was accepted in December.

I interviewed in mid-December and was accepted a month later.

:confused: Has anyone got accepted today? Now we have 15 more business days until March 1st.

Last edited:
What a lovely gift that would be, right??

I'm not sure how that would go with my usual celebration of forever alone day :rolleyes:

Well, I mean, probably better to be alone and celebrating like a crazy person than scaring the bejubs out of a SO with your yelling and screaming

I know it's a long shot for me considering I interviewed on 09/27....but hell, based on last year's thread someone who interviewed prior to the new year was accepted in February

I know it's a long shot for me considering I interviewed on 09/27....but hell, based on last year's thread someone who interviewed prior to the new year was accepted in February

not to get all musical up in here but...as Ellie Goulding would say...anything could happen!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzgS9s-tE8[/YOUTUBE]

Hey guys! Any word on when the NYU second look is scheduled? Or if they are having one this year? Thanks :)

:scared: We have only 2 weeks left until March 1st. I hope we hear back from soon !

I'm wondering if they're just going to send out all decisions on 3/1 now. Been so quiet lately...

correct me if I'm wrong, but based on last year's thread, all the decisions that come out in this "final phase" will be either waitlists or rejections

you're right, but it seems like those acceptances were for students who interviewed later in the cycle (like January or early Feb). My guess is that those who interviewed before the New Year are pretty much waitlisted or rejected.

you're right, but it seems like those acceptances were for students who interviewed later in the cycle (like January or early Feb). My guess is that those who interviewed before the New Year are pretty much waitlisted or rejected.

i have a hard time believing noone from december got in yet...

correct me if I'm wrong, but based on last year's thread, all the decisions that come out in this "final phase" will be either waitlists or rejections

oh no! don't say that! I haven't looked at the previous threads, but I sure hope that's not the case...

my apologies. I clearly didn't read the thread carefully enough. Wish you all (including me) the best of luck!

Consider Hurrican Sandy also pushed everything back about a month + other complications.

It takes a lot of the edge off the waiting when you can blame everything on the weather :)

Status
Not open for further replies.