2012-2013 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how they'll be sending out decisions??

Members don't see this ad :)
They emailed me, I think looking back at the thread some people were called (for acceptances) but all were emailed.

Thank to you both! Keep yourt fingers crossed for me, I would love to go here!

This Friday can't come soon enough! I hope it will be good news! This wait is killing me! Just want to figure out where I'll be come Aug!

Yes, I called the admissions office. They told me to check the application status on March 1st.

Yikes, I kinda almost wish they'd send them out in waves randomly so I won't be dreading one single day one single hour

Yikes, I kinda almost wish they'd send them out in waves randomly so I won't be dreading one single day one single hour

I hear ya. Better to know when it is then checking my status every hour all week long though!

All quiet on the eastern front? Good luck everyone who is still waiting!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I got accepted here and at Mount Sinai,and I'm trying to compare the two and decide which one to go to. Does anyone have any thoughts on which program is better? Thanks.

Good luck errbody and may the next day or so pass quick and painlessly :)

So if we interviewed In October and haven't heard back yet, do we assume tomorrow's answer should be waitlist/rejection?

So if we interviewed In October and haven't heard back yet, do we assume tomorrow's answer should be waitlist/rejection?

I thought we've been over this a lot already, pretty sure there's no rhyme or reason to the pattern and dates of acceptances. The people they've already accepted are probably their top choice applicants on a ranked list/or candidates for the 3yr program. Pretty sure the mass decisions will be tomorrow

If you really want to stick to the date thing, then they have accepted some people from January interviews. Then by chronological thinking, nobody from September, October, November, and December will be getting good news tomorrow :( That just seems unlikely

Not looking forward to tomorrow after seeing this on the NYU site

"Acceptance letters will be sent out on a rolling basis, beginning in January. Wait list and rejection letters will be sent by March 1st."

That's on the same page of their website that says their interview season concludes at the end of December, so it hasn't been updated to reflect the month delay. Regardless, we'll all find out tomorrow

:eek: Okay, so we will find out if we are waitlisted or rejected tomorrow.
Thank you for sharing the information.

triage[B said:
[/B]med;13742145]Not looking forward to tomorrow after seeing this on the NYU site
"Acceptance letters will be sent out on a rolling basis, beginning in January. Wait list and rejection letters will be sent by March 1st."

Not looking forward to tomorrow after seeing this on the NYU site

i think you can relax a bit. pretty sure that statement pertains to the old calendar. if you look above, it also says interviews end in December.

2:19 me Will there be any outright acceptances sent out tomorrow? Or only waitlists and rejections?
2:22 representative Hello, thank you for contacting the Office of Admissions
2:23 representative That depends on the committee and their decision on each applicant

p.s. you guys stress me out

hahaha we're all so neurotic on this thread...

i'm sure they've made all of their decisions by now- maybe they'll want to be nice and tell us a day early? (at least that's what i'm telling myself as i refresh the status page :) )

Okay, That makes more sense

2:19 me Will there be any outright acceptances sent out tomorrow? Or only waitlists and rejections?
2:22 representative Hello, thank you for contacting the Office of Admissions
2:23 representative That depends on the committee and their decision on each applicant

p.s. you guys stress me out

So, does anyone know what time decisions will be out tomorrow?

Just checked my status page...DECISIONS ARE UP!!................................................just kidding

I'm looking at the portal and don't see how I would know of a status change. Is there a tab or page I should be looking at? I understand they haven't updated it this second, this is for the future.

I'm looking at the portal and don't see how I would know of a status change. Is there a tab or page I should be looking at? I understand they haven't updated it this second, this is for the future.
I think someone earlier said that a new tab pops up for the decision page.

I thought they were asking how you can know just from the portal, and there is a new tab that pops up. As far as I can tell though they send an email at the same time that happens, mine was short and sweet and I could immediately log on and see the new tab!

What time do you think we'll hear? Any ideas? I'm trying to be productive at work...but really failing.

Same here, i just want to know! Too bad if the answer is waitlisted, then that means more waiting, more uncertainty...

It's already almost 1:30!!! Where is my email??? I am losing it guys,,,,

To be honest, I'm a little more excited than nervous

Just got a waitlist email. Good luck everyone, should be hearing soon!

Just got my waitlist email. That's the second one this week. Someone make up their mind about me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.