2012-2013 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were discussing on saving ~10 seats til the 22nd for those interviewed in March (?). Giving out the rest of Acceptances prior.

I wonder how that would work when they make such an extensive wait list. Maybe most decisions released next Friday?!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not accepted but I have to work the same weekend as 2nd look.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I'm not accepted but I have to work the same weekend as 2nd look.

Ah, that stinks, sounds like it could be pretty neat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless the do the whole "release the majority of decisions early" thing :(
i doubt they'll do that. for one they still have to interview more people, and also all the emails have been saying that they'll conclude everything in middle march right?

yeah last year, there were no updates on the last friday of february...so i doubt we'll hear anything for this month. I guess we shall just keep waiting...ugh this sucks!

yeah last year, there were no updates on the last friday of february...so i doubt we'll hear anything for this month. I guess we shall just keep waiting...ugh this sucks!

The people who interviewed recently were told that there would be a February update :/ so I don't know. I bet there will be though since they were a week late interviewing people.

Even if they have a status update this Friday, I'm not getting too hopeful since supposedly they only accept "best of the best" until March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if they have a status update this Friday, I'm not getting too hopeful since supposedly they only accept "best of the best" until March.
yeah thats the reason why mizzou notoriously is known for having so much movement off the waitlist. the "best of the best" that they accept usually get into other and better schools...and they decide to go somewhere else. good thing for us haha!

I interviewed last week, and we were told they will release 30 people into the accepted pool at the end of this month. She said it was out of the ordinary, but a decision they made this year. She said there are currently 75 spots available, the other 20 or so have been released to accepted students.

In all honesty, I would love to know any of the stats of those accepted thus far - there seems to be a variety depending on what wowed them each month.

The good news is the wait is over soon!

I interviewed last week, and we were told they will release 30 people into the accepted pool at the end of this month. She said it was out of the ordinary, but a decision they made this year. She said there are currently 75 spots available, the other 20 or so have been released to accepted students.

In all honesty, I would love to know any of the stats of those accepted thus far - there seems to be a variety depending on what wowed them each month.

So does this mean they are still going to wait a bit to make the wait list, and just release "more" decisions this month?

yeah thats the reason why mizzou notoriously is known for having so much movement off the waitlist. the "best of the best" that they accept usually get into other and better schools...and they decide to go somewhere else. good thing for us haha!

Haha! It's comforting to know that the school chose to settle for us. Ah well. I would still die a happy man if I get accepted to Mizzou :)

Now that's interesting. My only guess would be that those 30 people have a really high score and so they might as well just go ahead and offer them a seat in the class, let them choose what they want to do with their seats. I forget whether that "score" takes into account the rest of the application or if it's just the interview (I think it's overall score.) Either way, let's hope some of us are in that soon-to-be released 30 people! :D

Also, I don't know if someone has an answer to this but as far as Mizzou goes, does the entire admissions committee decide to offer an interview? or is it a specific reviewing committee made up of fewer people?

Sexy. So Friday it is?

thanks for make me a nervous wreck! haha. are they also gonna decide to reject people at the end of this month too, or just accept people and status unchange for everyone else?

I would say they will stick with either 'accepted' or 'status unchanged'. The only change this month is that 30 people will be lucky to see the 'accepted' than however many few (couple?) in the past months.

I would say they will stick with either 'accepted' or 'status unchanged'. The only change this month is that 30 people will be lucky to see the 'accepted' than however many few (couple?) in the past months.

+1, I doubt they will reject, just more acceptances before the big waitlist/reject in March.

Yikes! I'm a nervous wreck now too! Is the score total made up of just interview or everything in your file?

Tell me about it, I do not know how you people are still sane!
24 hr til D day (I hope!)
I hope by this time tomorrow night, most of us are out celebrating somewhere.

Tell me about it, I do not know how you people are still sane!
24 hr til D day (I hope!)
I hope by this time tomorrow night, most of us are out celebrating somewhere.

I wouldn't worry too much. Sure, it would be nice to be accepted tomorrow (okay, super mega amazing) but there will still be open spots to give out in March, not to mention the waitlist (which Mizzou usually takes down to at LEAST 33).

I wouldn't worry too much. Sure, it would be nice to be accepted tomorrow (okay, super mega amazing) but there will still be open spots to give out in March, not to mention the waitlist (which Mizzou usually takes down to at LEAST 33).
last year they got to the upper part of the bottom third! i think they said like 66 or something!

Yikes! I'm a nervous wreck now too! Is the score total made up of just interview or everything in your file?
i think its from everything on your file. from what ive heard before the interview, you mcat, gpa and extracurriculars mean the most. then after the interview (if you get one) the interview takes over as the most important but mcat, gpa, and extracurriculars still weigh more than things like LORs and stuff like that...thats what i was told

Looks like Mizzou is shut down for tomorrow, may be a little while longer before the next status update

i think its from everything on your file. from what ive heard before the interview, you mcat, gpa and extracurriculars mean the most. then after the interview (if you get one) the interview takes over as the most important but mcat, gpa, and extracurriculars still weigh more than things like LORs and stuff like that...thats what i was told

It's really hard to figure out how the adcom makes its decision. It almost seems to me that you have a baseline score that is somehow derived from your primary and secondary application. If that score is good enough, then they grant that candidate an interview to see if what is on the application and what's written in the LORs is in parallel with the applicant in-person. So the interview must affect your baseline that they have even before your interview.

Just speculating :/

This makes me sad :(
worst news ever!!!!! Their website says "Certain continuous operations will remain open, staffed by situationally critical personnel." I highly doubt the OME is part of that critical personnel (although to us they sure are! haha)...well this sucks

Now I'm just wondering if it'll be Monday or NEXT Friday :(

The weather wasn't even that bad. Weak.

I mean all the decisions should already be made, all it probably takes is a simple click to send it all out. Maybe we'll still get it tomorrow. Maybe not. But I hope they at least give us an update whether it will be delayed or not...paranoia setting it

Looks like Mizzou is shut down for tomorrow, may be a little while longer before the next status update

Confirmed. The OME just sent out the email telling us we have a snow day! Sorry guys, I know a lot of you were waiting for potential updates, but I'm pretty sure the entire office won't be open today... :(

Think they'll just cancel this update that they planned and just send out the big one in March?

Confirmed. The OME just sent out the email telling us we have a snow day! Sorry guys, I know a lot of you were waiting for potential updates, but I'm pretty sure the entire office won't be open today... :(

Do you know if the office ever opens on Saturday?

Think they'll just cancel this update that they planned and just send out the big one in March?

I really doubt it, it's only off by one day now. Unless they are super strict about adhering to the whole "last Friday" thing, I bet we get an update on Monday.

I know the day draws near, and I certainly remember how impatient I was at this point (the Internet likely remembers too! ;-) ) but hang in there. For those of you on the wait list, don't give up hope, there can be quite a bit of movement as people start accepting and declining seats. Feel free to PM if you have questions about the school and I will do my best to answer your questions. FWIW, I am a third year here and it may take a day for me to get back to you, but I will do my best.

Hopefully we will hear something this afternoon!

Just email them. Was told that there'll be an update "Friday (Gosh darn it!, this coming Friday I hope) and then again in March". So we can all go to back to work and stop refreshing our email (like me!).

Status
Not open for further replies.