2012-2013 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you happen to know how prevalent scholarships/tuition waivers are for WVU?
Are you talking about OOS students? Not prevalent at all. Currently I am MS3 and I have NOT heard about ANY scholarship/tuition waivers available to us. I wish........ However, if you stay here after residency and practice in WV, your med school loan maybe partially or completely forgiven (in exchange for an X number of year of service).
 
Contragts! Yes, you will interview before anyone else. September 5th is the 1st day WVU SOM interviews applicants. I can't wait to be a tour guide this year 🙂
 
Woooohoooooooooo interview invite! Came in snail mail yesterday. Its set for 9/10 and I sent my app in around 7/7. I'm OOS, my only tie to WV is that I'm regional as a VA resident. My stats are 32/3.6. I'm pumped
 
I also got the pre-secondary rejection. My first rejection of the cycle.

This surprises me a little. I know someone from the same state and UG with identical stats and less clinical experience was interviewed here.

I hope they get back to me on why I was rejected, I am really curious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after getting the "Your online application has been sent to Ms. McCormick who will download it and place it in your application file" email did you guys receive the "Thank you for your interest in West Virginia University.Your online secondary application information has been received. Once your secondary application materials have been received and reviewed, your confirmation will come in the form of a mailed interview letter" email?
 
Has anyone who sent in the secondary via snail mail on or after July 12 gotten an interview invite in the mail yet?
 
How long did it take you guys to get your check cashed out? My secondary package was received last Thursday and the check hasn't been cashed out yet.
 
How long did it take you guys to get your check cashed out? My secondary package was received last Thursday and the check hasn't been cashed out yet.

I thought they didn't let you know they received the snail mail stuff. I mailed my stuff July 19th and the check was cashed on the 30th.
 
Have they deposited your check yet? I mailed my stuff in 7/29 and in total it took until Thursday (8/16) for them to deposit my check. Now i guess it's more and more waiting...


This is about my exact timeline as well. 7/30 sent, Thursday (8/16) check cashing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get this e-mail and receive a rejection letter instead of interview invite?

"Your online secondary application information has been received. Once your secondary application materials have been received and reviewed, your only confirmation will come in the form of a mailed interview letter. "
 
Did anyone get this e-mail and receive a rejection letter instead of interview invite?

"Your online secondary application information has been received. Once your secondary application materials have been received and reviewed, your only confirmation will come in the form of a mailed interview letter. "
I received that email 7/16 and have not heard anything from them since. Hoping for the II in the mail soon!
 
Has anybody received an interview invite yet?

I have one on 9/5, but I applied early decision. I think someone a few posts back said they had one for 9/12.

I know the new class just started so maybe that put them behind a little bit.
 
My II was waiting in my mailbox today when I got home from work🙂 I mailed my application ~ 7/16. OOS
 
Thanks for the response. My check was also cashed on the 30th. The fact that I didn't receive an II yet is making me kind of jittery. Are you guys in state?
I'm OOS from Virginia. My letter was postmarked 8/13 and it took 7 days to get to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alriiiight: I shall be there 10/26

To summarize
Secondary Mailed:7/29
Check Deposited: 8/16
Letter Dated: 8/16
Postmarked 8/21.
 
I guess I should support the cause: I mailed my secondary materials sometime before 7/10 and received the interview invite on 8/24. I'll be interviewing in the middle of October. Out-of-state.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.