2013-2014 The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get in off of the waitlist?

Congrats to you guys who got accepted today!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like Brown has been quiet in terms of II recently.

Brown releases its post-interview decisions in batches based on interview date (I believe 4 batches). The first group of decisions was released sometime in mid-October and Brown is releasing its second round of post-interview decisions today. Brown tells you the specific date you'll heard back from them. For today's decisions, it should be anyone who interviewed between mid-October and late Nov/early Dec.

Congrats! :)
Still waiting for II, so sad!! Why the committee is not sending either the II or rejection to me? Waiting is horrible and painful!!

Accepted to the Warren Alpert Medical School today!!! Incredibly happy, and tremendously grateful :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted earlier today!! So over this process---will most likely be matriculating here!!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got a pre-interview rejection email. Complete early October, 3.94,31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejection! Complete 9/4. Guess I'm not going home for med school.

Pre-interview rejection email just now. Complete end of August. I'd been crossing my fingers since I somehow managed to avoid so many previous waves of rejections, but they finally caught up to me, I guess. Bummer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nevermind, they didn't forget me. Rejected.

Complete 7/9 and sent in a letter of interest as well as two updates. Nuts. :(

now i am just sitting here staring at my inbox.. feel like mine is coming

Sent an update letter last Monday, rejected today...

Complete as of 9/23. Had my hopes up because I thought it was a great fit...Damn. Sucks that I'm at work when I got this and now I'm sad.

Good luck to everyone else though! Atleast I'll stop lurking this thread...

uh oh, looks like another rejection spree

Rejected pre interview, ine of my top choices :(

when is there gonna be a interview spree?

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry I guess I mis typed. I'll try and post the letter:

O Captain my captain,

The Admissions Committee for The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University has completed its preliminary review of applications to the MD Class of 2018. Regretfully, I must inform you that your application was not selected for interview consideration.

The Committee appreciates the time and effort that you devoted to the preparation of your application and supporting materials. While our policy does not allow for discussion of individual decisions, be assured that your application was considered with thoroughness and care despite this disappointing outcome.

Our admissions staff and committee members appreciated the opportunity to review your application, and we extend our best wishes for success in your academic and career plans.

Sincerely,

Barbara K. Fuller, MPH
I am wondering my rejcetion message "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission" is different from the ones that people got before.

I am wondering my rejcetion message "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission" is different from the ones that people got before.

does it matter?....we're rejected either way. +pity+

That was a fast rejection. Complete on 11/28...rejected DEC 9. But I got another II so its all good. Thanks for looking at my app brown!

Heads up, AMS today informed us that after deliberation and push from our student body, the preclinical curriculum has moved entirely to pass/fail, aka satisfactory/no credit.

Reactions: 8 users
Heads up, AMS today informed us that after deliberation and push from our student body, the preclinical curriculum has moved entirely to pass/fail, aka satisfactory/no credit.

:happy: Awesome!! Now if they'll just accept me....

What is the percentage for students accepted from those interviewed?

edit: found it

Last edited:
Received an early morning II. 4.0/34/OOS, research pub, 500+ hours of clinical experience

Congrats TheKMan1!! What dates are they up to?
Late January and early February.

Here's a stupid question, but what does a stand-alone "." mean as a post? i.e. what Espadaleader did above.

Late January and early February.

Here's a stupid question, but what does a stand-alone "." mean as a post? i.e. what Espadaleader did above.

Espadaleader posted a question, then regretted it, and subsequently edited the post down to just a period. It just means the post has been removed.

To those who have already interviewed:

First of all, happy new year! With all the festivities and the end-of-the-year craze, I haven't paid attention to what goes on after the interview since I sent in my Thank You letters. Was there anything else that we NEEDED to submit after the interview that may be crucial to the decision process? Why am I freaking out out of the blue...

Espadaleader posted a question, then regretted it, and subsequently edited the post down to just a period. It just means the post has been removed.

Yeah, I asked about merit scholarships but then I did a search and found the answer. I did regret writing before doing a search lmao.

Asking on behalf of my friend who interviewed here:

How are interviews weighted? I remember one of my interviewers was extremely bizarre and awkward but the other was great. Rest of the day was amazing, students are so cool! I'm just wondering where I would land if I had one good interview and one bad interview.

Last edited:
Is anyone else waiting for the decision to come out today? I am super anxious and am hoping I'm not alone!

:)Good luck to everyone waiting! Fingers crossed for you all

Just got the email that I'm in!!! I absolutely loved my Brown experience!!!

just got accepted here, i am an in-stater so this is huge. good luck to everyone

II today! IS, had pretty much given up hope

Reactions: 2 users