You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
QUESTION.....for the "pre-professional competency" questions...is it ok if I bring up very specific experiences that I've had (more like a specific story)....experiences that did not occur during the ECs that I mentioned in my primary? ....just a simple story about how I showed "quality A"?
Yeah shouldn't be a problem. For example "cultural competence" can be explained via you just growing up in a diverse neighborhood. Doesn't have to be an EC.
Should we get a complete email? I submitted my secondary almost 2 weeks ago, paid and all LOR's are in, but I never got a complete email.
Posted using SDN Mobile
You should get a complete email; I did at least.
Submitted 7/19 Complete 8/8
The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation, secondary application and the application fee. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation process. If you have recently taken the MCAT or are planning to retake the MCAT we will evaluate your application once these scores are received.
Interviews are held by invitation only starting in September 2014 through March 2015.
Out of state applicants are generally interviewed in Fall/early Winter.
Invitations for interview will be sent via email.
Please contact our office if you have additional questions. Thank you for considering Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. We hope you have a successful year.
Admissions Office
The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation, secondary application and the application fee. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation process. If you have recently taken the MCAT or are planning to retake the MCAT we will evaluate your application once these scores are received.
Interviews are held by invitation only starting in September 2014 through March 2015.
Out of state applicants are generally interviewed in Fall/early Winter.
Invitations for interview will be sent via email.
Please contact our office if you have additional questions. Thank you for considering Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. We hope you have a successful year.
Admissions Office
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This time last year, they began extending IIs to people applying during the regular cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm having trouble submitting the payment for the secondary. When I click on the link for credit card payment - it automatically goes to a blank page saying:
"
Database Log In Failed
TNS is unable to connect to destination. Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. This error can also occur because of underlying network transport problems.
Verify that the TNS name in the connectstring entry of the DAD for this URL is valid and the database listener is running."
Has this happened to anyone/is there a fix?
"
Database Log In Failed
TNS is unable to connect to destination. Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. This error can also occur because of underlying network transport problems.
Verify that the TNS name in the connectstring entry of the DAD for this URL is valid and the database listener is running."
Has this happened to anyone/is there a fix?
II! So exciting! IS-applicant, complete 7/24
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I got complete email on 7/21. Submitted 7/11.II! So exciting! IS-applicant, complete 7/24
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I got complete email on 7/21. Submitted 7/11.
Ya sure! cGPA >3.9, sGPA >3.9, >35
You will probably get yours soon!
Nice! Yeah I have same GPA except 29 MCAT. Hoping for some love.Ya sure! cGPA >3.9, sGPA >3.9, >35
You will probably get yours soon!
Got an II here this afternoon as well!
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what days is are they doing interviews on?
I have a feeling RWJ's application process is going to be an exercise in patience. Which I suppose can be a double edged sword; while agonizing since this is my #1, it cannot be bad to have some MMI experience before tackling theirs. A 2nd year NJMS student I met over the weekend said their interview was as rough as it comes.
Edit: II's out today? -_- That'll send the ol' BP through the roof as I refresh my inbox 5x/hr.
Edit: II's out today? -_- That'll send the ol' BP through the roof as I refresh my inbox 5x/hr.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what days is are they doing interviews on?
So far they have listed 3 days: 9/19, 10/13, 10/24
For the secondary competency questions, whats the consensus on including hobby activities and non-resume type situations? for example, desire to learn: you were interested in a hobby and actively pursued it to become better at it.
Just got an II today! So excited!
II in my junk mail as well this morning. I'm instate. We'll see how the MMI goes.
I sent my application in on 07/01/14 and received my complete email on 07/08/14.how long after submitting your secondaries did you guys get a complete email?
Hmm this is kinda odd, I submitted my application like a week and a half ago and still no complete
I got a complete today. I sent in my secondary about two weeks ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what percentage of applicants they give interviews to?
447 out of 3366 applicants
447 out of 3366 applicants
@Person0715, do you mind if I ask where you got those numbers? And for a link to the site?
Oh and @Person0715, congrats on all the interview invites! Seriously, amazing.
@Person0715, do you mind if I ask where you got those numbers? And for a link to the site?
Those numbers were from the MSAR.
Hey! Thanks so much for doing this and congratulations on graduating! What is your opinion on the professors and curriculum for RWJ?Hi everyone, I'm a recent RWJMS grad and would be happy to answer any questions you have about the program.
Hey! Thanks so much for doing this and congratulations on graduating! What is your opinion on the professors and curriculum for RWJ?
I think there are really two questions here - preclinical and clinical
Preclinical - a good mix of phd's and MDs - there are a few professors who really stand out - the curriculum is integrated so you will work across disciplines all year. The anatomy professors are commonly ranked the highest of all professors and are great in the lecture hall and in the lab. There has been a big overhaul in physiology and Rob Zachow is now in charge. He is a little intimidating but a good teacher and approachable - honestly he has single handed lay improved the physiology curriculum across the preclinical years. His test questions are hard (an understatement) but I promise you will think step 1 physio questions are a joke. On the flip side pharmacology often gets a bad wrap but I think that's the nature of memorizing many drugs and AE's ect
Clinical faculty are variable obviously depending on who you work with. The staffing at RWJUH is excellent - I feel they are just as good at teaching/educating in the clinical setting as where I am now for my residency. There are very good core faculty at jersey shore where you spend 10-20% of your time but some private attendings who are more business and less education. Princeton is similarly hit or miss but improving as RWJ is now starting to staff the medicine service
- if you have more specific questions I'm happy to help
Hi guys!
Complete: July 8
II: Sept 11
Nervous for MMI!
Complete: July 8
II: Sept 11
Nervous for MMI!
II yesterday, chose a date in late October. IS, 33, 3.5. Nervous for these MMI questions
I think there are really two questions here - preclinical and clinical
Preclinical - a good mix of phd's and MDs - there are a few professors who really stand out - the curriculum is integrated so you will work across disciplines all year. The anatomy professors are commonly ranked the highest of all professors and are great in the lecture hall and in the lab. There has been a big overhaul in physiology and Rob Zachow is now in charge. He is a little intimidating but a good teacher and approachable - honestly he has single handed lay improved the physiology curriculum across the preclinical years. His test questions are hard (an understatement) but I promise you will think step 1 physio questions are a joke. On the flip side pharmacology often gets a bad wrap but I think that's the nature of memorizing many drugs and AE's ect
Clinical faculty are variable obviously depending on who you work with. The staffing at RWJUH is excellent - I feel they are just as good at teaching/educating in the clinical setting as where I am now for my residency. There are very good core faculty at jersey shore where you spend 10-20% of your time but some private attendings who are more business and less education. Princeton is similarly hit or miss but improving as RWJ is now starting to staff the medicine service
- if you have more specific questions I'm happy to help
Hi all,
I just wanted to comment on this post... There was a curriculum change within the last 2 years and we no longer work on an "integrated" classroom curriculum in the traditional sense. Courses are now done in "blocks," meaning you spend a 6 weeks on biomedical sciences, then take a final. Then 6 weeks on structure/anatomy, then take a final. Then 8 weeks on cardiopulm, then a final. Catch my drift? Throughout the first two years, you are, however, in a patient-centered medicine (PCM) course... where you learn basic "how to be a physician" skills (vitals, history-taking, sensitivity training, etc). So in THAT sense, it is integrated because you have basic patient contact as a part of PCM from the get-go.
If you have any other questions, let me know! I'm a new M1 this year. Good luck to the new applicants!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, does anyone know who we address the thank-you note to? I think they told us on interview day but I zoned out and did not write down her name lol
Hi everyone, did you guys use recent experiences (college or after) for the pre-professional competencies?
II today!!
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
5
564255
II today!!
Congrats - when were you complete?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K