2014-2015 Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

II, yadda yadda. ok. So what are some tips for the RWJ MMI interview? Is it similar to other school MMIs or do they do things unique here?

Is it mostly ethics heavy or focused on other components as well? Do they care about why you want to go here, why you want to be a doctor, and other standard question stuff?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II, yadda yadda. ok. So what are some tips for the RWJ MMI interview? Is it similar to other school MMIs or do they do things unique here?

Is it mostly ethics heavy or focused on other components as well? Do they care about why you want to go here, why you want to be a doctor, and other standard question stuff?

Do you mind sharing complete date? Thanks!
 
oh my god my first II!!! I can't believe it!! I was hesitant to apply b/c they say they only take some OOS, and those with high academic credentials... I am not that.

LM ~64-66 (higher MCAT), solid research, good ECs, non-URM, OOS but geographically close + solid ties to NJ. complete late August
 
Last edited:
Mudphud in need of help - can anyone shed some light on why rwj-princeton isn't MSTP funded and whether or not princeton is actually interested in taking MDPhD's from RWJ? You'd be doing me a hugeee service, don't feel like stalking the current students and asking them just yet. Thanks, sorry if this is addressed elsewhere
 
does anyone know if the interviewers have any access to your file? I haven't done MMI before so I would assume not, but I'm just wondering if they will have read my primary or secondary
 
nope its a closed interview MMI - so they know nothing about your application and no question on the MMI about your application or performance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I submitted late August and have not heard back, does that mean I'm out? Seems dead quiet in this thread..
 
If I submitted late August and have not heard back, does that mean I'm out? Seems dead quiet in this thread..
Just interviewed today. It was really amazing. I submitted early August and I know they sent out most of the interviews till December 13th but they also have interviews after so don't give up!
 
Just interviewed today. It was really amazing. I submitted early August and I know they sent out most of the interviews till December 13th but they also have interviews after so don't give up!

How was the MMI? as terrifying as people claim it to be? LOL
 
Hey all,

I'm a current M1 at Rutgers-RWJMS (get used to saying the whole name, it's a mouthful!) and can answer any questions you guys have on the school, student life, or anything else within my capacity to answer.

PM me if you have any detailed questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the completion email, it says, "Out of state applicants are generally interviewed in Fall/early Winter." Does anyone know how strictly they follow this?
 
In the completion email, it says, "Out of state applicants are generally interviewed in Fall/early Winter." Does anyone know how strictly they follow this?
no idea but I can say I was a low stats (LM ~66) oos applicant and got my II in October, interviewed in November
 
In the completion email, it says, "Out of state applicants are generally interviewed in Fall/early Winter." Does anyone know how strictly they follow this?

there were about 3 OOS applicants at my interview date. last week of october, i received my invite mid sept
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!!

Got the call this morning around 9:30 but went to voicemail since I was driving.

As a reapplicant, getting this acceptance as my first is the greatest relief I can imagine. I am beyond happy and just feel overwhelmed.

To anyone who needs motivation, never give up because you need to be confident in yourself in order for others to believe in you.
 
Congrats to all you guys who have been accepted! RWJ and New Brunswick are really awesome!