-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted here at SLU!!!!!!!!!!! So excited I can hardly believe it! I was at another interview all day, so when I read my email at the airport I was jumping up and down! Congrats to everyone else too. It's still early so I hope good news is coming everyone else's way soon 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many interviewees get offered acceptances. I know on MSAR only like 180 matriculate but I imagine they offer more acceptances than that?
6
641042
I was also there 9/30; I remember Dean Willmore said that they probably wouldn't get to us by October 15. So maybe one to two more weeks? They said three to four for a decision.I interviewed 9/30 but haven't heard anything yet
Don't go and call and tell them you want to give your interview slot to M12B 😉 lolOn the fence about whether or not to go to my interview here... Still can't decide
but is all seriousness, you should definitely go to your interview if you're still at all considering SLU, you may end up loving it!
and congrats on MCW!!! 👍
I interviewed 10/8 with a Lizzy M 69-71 and I was complete 8/4.Any OOS get an invite here with around a 70 LizzyM? I was complete around mid-August and still no word 🙁
Any OOS get an invite here with around a 70 LizzyM? I was complete around mid-August and still no word 🙁
I have a 72 and just got one on Tuesday. I was complete 9/10.
I interviewed here mid october and I have less than a 70, complete early septemberAny OOS get an invite here with around a 70 LizzyM? I was complete around mid-August and still no word 🙁
Congrats on MCW as well!!! But you definitely should attend the interview day here! I was astounded by the incredible people, resources, and just everything about SLU and STL in general. I really enjoyed the day and I think you would too!On the fence about whether or not to go to my interview here... Still can't decide
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on MCW as well!!! But you definitely should attend the interview day here! I was astounded by the incredible people, resources, and just everything about SLU and STL in general. I really enjoyed the day and I think you would too!
Agree. STL is the place to be.
Still waiting for an interview invite here! Agh!!!
Some of my fav local eats, if you have time:
- Blues City Deli (Best sandwich shop in the world. Near SLU on Gravois and McNair.)
- Seoul Taco (Korean/Mexican fusion... you will not regret this. In the Loop.)
- Bailey's Range (Fantastic burgers, fries and boozy shakes. Downtown.)
If you go south on Grand for a mile, you'll run into all kinds of local ethnic food. Pho Grand is one of my favs. Grab some Gelatto at the Gelateria. Cafe Mochi has a 1/2 price sushi happy hour from 4:30-6:30.
If you're bored:
- The City Museum (No words can describe how awesome this place is. Is it art? Is it a playground?)
- Forest Park (Zoo, Science Center, Art Museum... all free.)
- CityGarden sculpture park
- Budweiser factory (tour the factory, get free beer)
- Blues City Deli (Best sandwich shop in the world. Near SLU on Gravois and McNair.)
- Seoul Taco (Korean/Mexican fusion... you will not regret this. In the Loop.)
- Bailey's Range (Fantastic burgers, fries and boozy shakes. Downtown.)
If you go south on Grand for a mile, you'll run into all kinds of local ethnic food. Pho Grand is one of my favs. Grab some Gelatto at the Gelateria. Cafe Mochi has a 1/2 price sushi happy hour from 4:30-6:30.
If you're bored:
- The City Museum (No words can describe how awesome this place is. Is it art? Is it a playground?)
- Forest Park (Zoo, Science Center, Art Museum... all free.)
- CityGarden sculpture park
- Budweiser factory (tour the factory, get free beer)
You forgot Pappy's!!! Some of the best BBQ I've ever had!Some of my fav local eats, if you have time:
- Blues City Deli (Best sandwich shop in the world. Near SLU on Gravois and McNair.)
- Seoul Taco (Korean/Mexican fusion... you will not regret this. In the Loop.)
- Bailey's Range (Fantastic burgers, fries and boozy shakes. Downtown.)
If you go south on Grand for a mile, you'll run into all kinds of local ethnic food. Pho Grand is one of my favs. Grab some Gelatto at the Gelateria. Cafe Mochi has a 1/2 price sushi happy hour from 4:30-6:30.
If you're bored:
- The City Museum (No words can describe how awesome this place is. Is it art? Is it a playground?)
- Forest Park (Zoo, Science Center, Art Museum... all free.)
- CityGarden sculpture park
- Budweiser factory (tour the factory, get free beer)
Mine didn't work when I tried during non-business hours and worked during business hours. I have absolutely no idea why that happened, but maybe thats it? Also, they sent that email saying that it's not been working great so give them until Tuesday, so maybe they have to do each person manually and they haven't just gotten to yours yet? I wouldn't fret too much.Anyone else been accepted and had trouble accessing the SLU network with your provided ID to pay the deposit? Says mine isn't valid...
Mine didn't work when I tried during non-business hours and worked during business hours. I have absolutely no idea why that happened, but maybe thats it? Also, they sent that email saying that it's not been working great so give them until Tuesday, so maybe they have to do each person manually and they haven't just gotten to yours yet? I wouldn't fret too much.
Anyone else been accepted and had trouble accessing the SLU network with your provided ID to pay the deposit? Says mine isn't valid...
I haven't even gotten my log in yet...I received the email telling me I may not get the information until Tuesday due to their system issues.
6
641042
Accepted by email just now! Interviewed on 9/30
Accepted by email just now as well!! Interviewed the week of 9/22.
Edit: 9/22 not 10/22!
Edit: 9/22 not 10/22!
Last edited:
I haven't even gotten my log in yet...I received the email telling me I may not get the information until Tuesday due to their system issues.
The business hours idea didn't work for me unfortunately. I'll give them a few days; just was wondering if there was a quick fix!
Any OOS get an invite here with around a 70 LizzyM? I was complete around mid-August and still no word 🙁
Have you heard any word yet? I'm in the same boat as you still waiting on any word back
D
deleted545718
Accepted this morning (interviewed 9/29)
Congrats! Did you hear by email? Anyone who interviewed 9/30 hear yet?
congrats! If you don't mind, who did you interview with and when?Accepted!! Unexpected since I thought I bombed the interview (9/23)
Edit: sorry, you already mentioned when
Dr. Claudia Vidal! It was just that I was her last interview for the day (she had like 7) and I could tell she wanted to go homecongrats! If you don't mind, who did you interview with and when?
Edit: sorry, you already mentioned when

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you hear by email? Anyone who interviewed 9/30 hear yet?
Thanks - and yes, I heard via email
That's who I'm interviewing with in November! Hopefully she likes me.Dr. Claudia Vidal! It was just that I was her last interview for the day (she had like 7) and I could tell she wanted to go home![]()
Anyone else been accepted and had trouble accessing the SLU network with your provided ID to pay the deposit? Says mine isn't valid...
Just got the email to go ahead and complete the admissions offer form. Had the same problem as you. I'll wait until tomorrow to do this, I suppose.
D
deleted545718
Should I be worried if I interview 9/30 and haven't heard yet?
Did anybody that was accepted interview with Dr. Westerman?
Pssshh. Ain't nothin like Crowne Candy.You forgot Pappy's!!! Some of the best BBQ I've ever had!
II yesterday!!!!! OOS ......
II on 10/14, and I submitted on 7/24!
Complete mid-August, LizzyM 70ish, OOS, got an II in October.
Congrats! What dates are they scheduling interviews for?
Yeah, I was 9/15 with himDid anybody that was accepted interview with Dr. Westerman?
Thanks! I Pmed youYeah, I was 9/15 with him
Any OOS get an invite here with around a 70 LizzyM? I was complete around mid-August and still no word 🙁
Same boat as you, similar LizzyM and complete date but still no word either way
Does anybody know to what email address I can send a letter of interest? Should I send it to the dean? Any advice is appreciated!
Does anyone know when SLU stops interviewing, and how many interviews are given out each year / how many of those have already been given out?
I would submit the LOI on the portal. There is a section for document uploads.
Does anybody know to what email address I can send a letter of interest? Should I send it to the dean? Any advice is appreciated!
I would submit the LOI on the portal. There is a section for document uploads.
Has anyone been able to submit the deposit?
I went to pay the deposit last night but my SLU ID / password wasn't working. Today though it worked fine, maybe try logging in again
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to pay the deposit last night but my SLU ID / password wasn't working. Today though it worked fine, maybe try logging in again
It looks like the website really does only work during business hours... Strange.
Congrats!! Who did you interview with if you don't mind? you can pm meAccepted!!!! Interviewed on 10/7. I am ecstatic!! 🙂
Accepted by email this morning! Interviewed 9/29