You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Such hurt
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
EDIT: This was supposed to be about 5 sad cat emojis, but apparently the SDN app doesn't want to allow for emotions. Fair enough, I guess
EDIT: This was supposed to be about 5 sad cat emojis, but apparently the SDN app doesn't want to allow for emotions. Fair enough, I guess
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also waitlisted just now, interviewed October. 6 month wait for a waitlist spot, sigh.
Sorry all 🙁 haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they're going chronologically? When did you interview?
Mid DecemberSorry all 🙁 haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they're going chronologically? When did you interview?
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Rejected by email today (interviewed in Nov). Honestly I'm ok with this because I probably wouldn't have matriculated here, so they probably made the right call (even though I don't think my interview went poorly).
Seems like there are quite a few of us still waiting. If all decisions have been made, I don't know why they can't just send all of the emails at once!
Per people's calls today into the office, they may still make acceptance offers. I think they work through the list slowly to make decisions. I don't believe that the actual decision is made in committee, but rather they score everyone as a committee, and then the Chair decides where the rejection/WL/acceptance cutoffs are on a regular basis. This is how it was explained to us at my interview, anyway.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected. Oh well. Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They say that to stay on the waitlist you should re-affirm your interest, and that decisions to accept those on the waitlist likely won't begin until mid-May. Think I'm going to be honest and tell them I won't be able to change plans by then since the other school I'm accepted at starts so early, even though I'm super curious to see if I would ever get accepted. I wish some schools didn't start much earlier/later than others so nobody would have to be in this position. Dartmouth, you are a heart breaker.
hopefully those of us who didn't hear back hear some good news tomorrow... although I don't want to get my hopes up
I'd guess that if you haven't heard back yet, you're probably right on the WL/acceptance line. They're probably getting a lot of withdrawals from accepted students who already got into schools they prefer. I'd imagine that they're just trying to be cautious to not overenroll and are therefore waiting for the official withdrawals. But, just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about anything.
I'd guess that if you haven't heard back yet, you're probably right on the WL/acceptance line. They're probably getting a lot of withdrawals from accepted students who already got into schools they prefer. I'd imagine that they're just trying to be cautious to not overenroll and are therefore waiting for the official withdrawals. But, just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about anything.
Yes, I would agree with this. I'd imagine anyone who hasn't heard was not a "for sure" WL or acceptance. So probably good news for you all either way, as you're probably high on a WL if not accepted first.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
what what you're saying is.... we're in LIMBOI'd guess that if you haven't heard back yet, you're probably right on the WL/acceptance line. They're probably getting a lot of withdrawals from accepted students who already got into schools they prefer. I'd imagine that they're just trying to be cautious to not overenroll and are therefore waiting for the official withdrawals. But, just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about anything.
...pls accept me Dartmouth
I'd guess that if you haven't heard back yet, you're probably right on the WL/acceptance line. They're probably getting a lot of withdrawals from accepted students who already got into schools they prefer. I'd imagine that they're just trying to be cautious to not overenroll and are therefore waiting for the official withdrawals. But, just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about anything.
Yes, I would agree with this. I'd imagine anyone who hasn't heard was not a "for sure" WL or acceptance. So probably good news for you all either way, as you're probably high on a WL if not accepted first.
Omg I really hope this is true
I'd guess that if you haven't heard back yet, you're probably right on the WL/acceptance line. They're probably getting a lot of withdrawals from accepted students who already got into schools they prefer. I'd imagine that they're just trying to be cautious to not overenroll and are therefore waiting for the official withdrawals. But, just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about anything.
Really want to believe this haha 🙂 also that seems like it would explain why people reported being told conflicting things when they called yesterday ("only waitlists are going out now" vs. "some acceptances might still go out now")....like they're supposed to only be doing waitlists by now, but they are also having new spots open up. At least, it makes sense in my head....COME ON DARTMOUTH
Really want to believe this haha 🙂 also that seems like it would explain why people reported being told conflicting things when they called yesterday ("only waitlists are going out now" vs. "some acceptances might still go out now")....like they're supposed to only be doing waitlists by now, but they are also having new spots open up. At least, it makes sense in my head....COME ON DARTMOUTH
I don't know if it's good or bad, but Dartmouth seems to be conservative with ANY decisions that they make, and this goes for waitlisting as well as accepting people. Based on speaking with friends who have applied in the past, they really seem to like to see what shakes out in very small batches before categorizing applicants with decisions (last year, they actually slowly shrunk the waitlist all summer, keeping some people without any answer until the day before classes as there might have been even the slightest chance of admission, even then). So those who were not waitlisted yesterday are probably on the WL/A line, and they have to see what continues to happen as those already accepted decide where they'll be going.
What you're saying sounds very reasonable to me, but the fact that there were no reported outright acceptances after the first week of April (that I could find) in the past ~5 years of applicant threads here was a little disheartening to say the least.
Fair point. However, there were acceptances in mid-late April off of the waitlist last year, so I would assume that those who have not yet heard about WL are likely closer to the acceptance line than those who heard already. This is obviously conjecture, but I can think of no other reason as to why they'd do it in batches.
Just waitlisted :/
Just waitlisted :/
Ugh sorry! What time?
waitlisted just now 🙁
Also waitlisted this am
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed mid-January. seems like they might be moving chronologically ah
I was mid-feb
I was mid-December and still nothing here. So I don't think it's entirely chronological
Well, scratch that - Just waitlisted as I submitted
Well, scratch that - Just waitlisted as I submitted
Waitlisted :/ Interviewed March 10
literally a bloodbath
Waitlisted :/ Interviewed March 10
When did you all hear?
Just got waitlisted too- that makes 8 WL for me 😵 interviewed in mid-dec
This is so agonizing. I'm a late Feb still waiting.
Same. I am just sitting here just watching/waiting for the unknown.
Any ideas on # of waitlist spots? I remember MSAR reporting like 270 acceptances for 90 spots, and I'm guessing that includes WL?
Also waitlisted. Early December interview. The joys of waiting another month. or two. or three.
Any ideas on # of waitlist spots? I remember MSAR reporting like 270 acceptances for 90 spots, and I'm guessing that includes WL?
The new MSAR says 10-30 WL spots, but not sure if this means the number of accepted from WL or the actual number of WL spots.
Based on this thread, I'm sure that means the number accepted.The new MSAR says 10-30 WL spots, but not sure if this means the number of accepted from WL or the actual number of WL spots.
Based on this thread, I'm sure that means the number accepted.
Have you heard anything yet? Still silence here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The silence is deafening, my friend.Have you heard anything yet? Still silence here.
The silence is deafening, my friend.
Maybe it's a good thing? For now, I will pretend that it is. ha.
Just waitlisted as well... Woof. Wanted to share that the waitlist is unranked, so I would try to not read too much into the timing of this very "meh" news. I really appreciate how transparent they're trying to be, but god damn this whole application process thing has been going on for waaaaay too long.
EDIT: I interviewed in early Feb. I know how much everyone likes to try to find order in tidbits like that 🙂
EDIT: I interviewed in early Feb. I know how much everyone likes to try to find order in tidbits like that 🙂
Just waitlisted as well... Woof. Wanted to share that the waitlist is unranked, so I would try to not read too much into the timing of this very "meh" news. I really appreciate how transparent they're trying to be, but god damn this whole application process thing has been going on for waaaaay too long.
EDIT: I interviewed in early Feb. I know how much everyone likes to try to find order in tidbits like that 🙂
Did you hear this morning?