You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats, brother!
Thanks man! We sat adjacent to each other at the table during presentations. Cancer researchers unite!
Congrats! More to come I hope!
Thank you! I sure so! I was certain I was going to get waitlisted (or rejected). Keep your hopes up guys.
Congratulations!!! Sorry hit the wrong 'Reply' button earlier 😛
ahh thank you!
Like more individualized than "Hello [FIRSTNAME], you can come to school here isn't that great! Love, Dartmouth"?
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
My letter was not personalized. Typical acceptance letter as far as those go.
7
708445
Welp, I'm gonna go take my strep throat and go sleep. Congrats to those who heard back this week. Cheers all, see you Monday
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
708445
+1. Sigh...Reject. Post interview (March). Good luck to everyone else still in the running.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
+1. Sigh...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
+1. Sigh...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sorry =( I interviewed mid-March, so I'm probably next. Did you get the e-mail after 5pm?
7
708445
Basically. Man this one hurts 🙁Sorry =( I interviewed mid-March, so I'm probably next. Did you get the e-mail after 5pm?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Reject. Post interview (March). Good luck to everyone else still in the running.
Basically. Man this one hurts 🙁
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Damn guys, I'm really sorry to hear that. 🙁
Reject. Post interview (March). Good luck to everyone else still in the running.
+1. Sigh...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Really sorry, both of you. I know you've both been watching and waiting and hoping for ages. This process is brutal. There will be many more of us joining you shortly...
Rejection :-(
Interview early March. Can't say I'm terribly surprised, I was shocked to even get an interview
Interview early March. Can't say I'm terribly surprised, I was shocked to even get an interview
7
708445
Thanks guys... Just wish I knew why. I felt really good about this one
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Dartmouth was pretty receptive to giving feedback when I asked for it two years ago when I decided to reapply! Very helpful advice too. No idea yet if it paid off of course, still also waiting i n solemn silence over here...Thanks guys... Just wish I knew why. I felt really good about this one
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
7
708445
I'm going to call Monday. Would you mind sharing/PMing what your feedback was?Dartmouth was pretty receptive to giving feedback when I asked for it two years ago when I decided to reapply! Very helpful advice too. No idea yet if it paid off of course, still also waiting i n solemn silence over here...
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
also still waiting from October. In retrospect, wish I had just scheduled my interview later.Still waiting from an early November interview, haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, for realalso still waiting from October. In retrospect, wish I had just scheduled my interview later.
Interviewed early Feb and scared for next week!!!!!
What time did u get the email ecronum? Sorry to hear 🙁Rejected post II as well, interviewed Mid March!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
really hoping for good news.... I've gotten so many waitlists D: (and rejections of course)
really hoping for good news.... I've gotten so many waitlists D: (and rejections of course)
Right there with you on the rejections, really don't want another :/
Maybe they lost my file
Just got the email of rejection. Mid-March interview. 🙁
On Saturday?Just got the email of rejection. Mid-March interview. 🙁
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Tuesday
When is the Second Visit thing? I have heard anything about it.Guess they're working overtime. Second visit is coming up soon, so makes sense
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
*haventWhen is the Second Visit thing? I have heard anything about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty sure Second Look is next weekend.. can anyone confirm?
Pretty sure Second Look is next weekend.. can anyone confirm?
It's the 22nd and 23rd of April!
are we feeling today for decisions? D:
are we feeling today for decisions? D:
ive been waiting everyday since sept bro
just looked through the past year's thread and it looks like only waitlists came out at this point :'(
Is anyone willing to call to see if they will be releasing any more acceptances? 🙂
Is anyone willing to call to see if they will be releasing any more acceptances? 🙂
lololol I'll bet they LOVE these phone calls every year.
But like yeah would love it if someone called. Clearly I am too afraid.
Called and confirmed. Only the waitlist from here on in. First ones go out this week. If it is indeed the end as all signs indicate, it was great suffering with you all. Signing off at last, sending you all love and best wishes.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I actually called as well and specifically asked if decisions from here on out would be for the wait list, and was told that no, they could be anything including outright acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My emotions can't handle this rollercoaster right now
Tbh though, I'm more inclined to believe the only waitlists things. I hereby declare myself as king of waitlists
Called and confirmed. Only the waitlist from here on in. First ones go out this week. If it is indeed the end as all signs indicate, it was great suffering with you all. Signing off at last, sending you all love and best wishes.
I actually called as well and specifically asked if decisions from here on out would be for the wait list, and was told that no, they could be anything including outright acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Lolwuuuutttt blerg come ON dartmouth. If we knew it was just waitlists, at least we could stop being in terrible no-man's-land of terrible nothingness
I actually called as well and specifically asked if decisions from here on out would be for the wait list, and was told that no, they could be anything including outright acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did you call today and were told this? They did say they could still give out acceptances?
what's the difference though? if you get accepted from here until april 30th who cares if it was outright accepted or "off a waitlist"?Lolwuuuutttt blerg come ON dartmouth. If we knew it was just waitlists, at least we could stop being in terrible no-man's-land of terrible nothingness
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what's the difference though? if you get accepted from here until april 30th who cares if it was outright accepted or "off a waitlist"?
Oh that wouldn't make a big difference, but if I got an actual acceptance from Dartmouth I'd take it with glee and wonder whereas if I'm waitlisted, I'll probably move forward with life planning for my single existing acceptance. It's more that I very dearly want to move on with my life and a decision from the D would help make that happen. *shrug*
exact same scenario are we twinsOh that wouldn't make a big difference, but if I got an actual acceptance from Dartmouth I'd take it with glee and wonder whereas if I'm waitlisted, I'll probably move forward with life planning for my single existing acceptance. It's more that I very dearly want to move on with my life and a decision from the D would help make that happen. *shrug*
Kinda surprised we haven't heard about any decisions today though
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Rejected just now. Interviewed 2/25
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk