You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone have any input as to how often to send interest letters if were on the waitlist? sent my last one a week ago is it worth it to send another anytime soon?
I wouldn't do anything more frequent than biweekly, and even that is overeager unless you have something substantial to say.
Just my opinion though
To who are people sending letters of interest/intent? The email address for the Director of Admissions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent mine to Ms. Radford via e-mail.To who are people sending letters of interest/intent? The email address for the Director of Admissions?
OOS student just accepted off the waitlist! Never felt the need to post here before, but I'm excited
7
723794
congrats what third were you in?OOS student just accepted off the waitlist! Never felt the need to post here before, but I'm excited
To be honest I didn't even know there were thirds until just now. I interviewed really late (Mid-March), was waitlisted about a month ago, and sent an LOI/additional letter of recommendation two weeks ago. But I had three waitlists and this was my first acceptance!congrats what third were you in?
OOS student just accepted off the waitlist! Never felt the need to post here before, but I'm excited
Accepted at 10PM?!
7
723794
i assume you were in the top third but i guess youre not gonna call back and see which third you were on lolTo be honest I didn't even know there were thirds until just now. I interviewed really late (Mid-March), was waitlisted about a month ago, and sent an LOI/additional letter of recommendation two weeks ago. But I had three waitlists and this was my first acceptance!
I got accepted today!
OOS middle 1/3 waitlist
OOS middle 1/3 waitlist
7
723794
awesome i am also OOS middle third. that gives me some more hope. when did you interview?I got accepted today!
OOS middle 1/3 waitlist
I got accepted today!
OOS middle 1/3 waitlist
Did you send any update letters/LOI?
I did not send any update letter or LOIDid you send any update letters/LOI?
I interviewed on December 2awesome i am also OOS middle third. that gives me some more hope. when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on December 2
Hey, I did too!
Thanks to all the people who already have other acceptances withdrawing!
Waiting for an OOS, Asian, non-trad female with clinical research experience to withdraw..
Waiting for an OOS, Asian, non-trad female with clinical research experience to withdraw..
Twiddling my thumbs, sweating like a manic with insomnia every night as a top third waitlister...
So thats it? Three SDN'ers got off the waitlist this week. Its gonna be a long weekend!Twiddling my thumbs, sweating like a manic with insomnia every night as a top third waitlister...
Would anyone else like to withdraw at this time? Please?
Last edited:
Gonna send an update in this weekend, just to give myself a fresh bit of hope
same.
Withdrew my application from consideration. Was WL'd in the middle 1/3, OOS. Best of luck to you guys.
Those of you accepted off the WL- what time did you get your acceptance email?
~10:40ish AM
Hey guys! Just got accepted on Thursday around 9 am PST. First acceptance of the cycle so super stoked! OOS, interviewed/wait-listed in November. Position changed on the wait-list (went from top third to bottom third) so if you haven't heard anything keep hope alive! For those already accepted, very excited to meet you in August!
Hey guys! Just got accepted on Thursday around 9 am PST. First acceptance of the cycle so super stoked! OOS, interviewed/wait-listed in November. Position changed on the wait-list (went from top third to bottom third) so if you haven't heard anything keep hope alive! For those already accepted, very excited to meet you in August!
Wait so your position dropped from top third to bottom third then you got accepted?
7
723794
i called and they told me thirds dont change and other users here confirmed. i think someone you spoke to gave you the wrong info. im guessing you probably stayed in the top third
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
723794
we already went over this a few weeks ago @whatsupdr
I have to admit I'm pretty worried.I wonder how much of their class is actually filled right now - with traffic day etc
I may have to re-apply.
I wonder how much of their class is actually filled right now - with traffic day etc
If I were to wager a guess, I would say at the very most maybe halfway full. I would probably guess it's less than that though.
I have to admit I'm pretty worried.
I may have to re-apply.
Just start seriously preparing for the reapp, now and you are bound to get an acceptance soon after. I'm convinced that's what happened with me. Good things come when you least expect them to
I have to admit I'm pretty worried.
I may have to re-apply.
Hey, it could be worse. You could be in my position, which is that I can't find out anything in regards to being accepted or not until the 23rd, since I'm in their med masters program. Which also means I'm currently studying for the same exams as the M1s right now, while freaking out over waitlists. I have a neuro final Monday, a biochem final Friday, and then the physio shelf exam the 12th. Ah, to be taking med school classes but not actually have gotten into med school yet.
I was there.Hey, it could be worse. You could be in my position, which is that I can't find out anything in regards to being accepted or not until the 23rd, since I'm in their med masters program. Which also means I'm currently studying for the same exams as the M1s right now, while freaking out over waitlists. I have a neuro final Monday, a biochem final Friday, and then the physio shelf exam the 12th. Ah, to be taking med school classes but not actually have gotten into med school yet.
I was there.
Omg. Then you definitely get it. Dude if you've been through that then waiting to hear back this time will be so much better. You got this, man.
i called and they told me thirds dont change and other users here confirmed. i think someone you spoke to gave you the wrong info. im guessing you probably stayed in the top third
Hmm! Not sure. I was definitely calling pretty frequently since November and asking where I was at in the wait-list every time. Maybe they were just giving the wrong info every time I spoke to them. Haven't called since March. In either case, they've consistently said that they pull from all over the wait-list so hoping for the best for everybody waiting to hear some good news!
If I were to wager a guess, I would say at the very most maybe halfway full. I would probably guess it's less than that though.
Is there proof for such a statement?
I withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you!
Is there proof for such a statement?
Like I said, I'm totally just wagering a guess. I'm just basing it off of how many people were at second look, historically how much they use the WL, and the current number of non-current EVMS students in the Facebook group.
Edit: They also typically offer ~30 spots to Med Masters, so that would also suggest at least 30 spots still being open in addition to whatever is currently open. Might be more than half full. But like I said, it's just a guess on my part.
7
723794
schools have to be full by march 15 (or some date mid march) and most still have an overflow of acceptancesLike I said, I'm totally just wagering a guess. I'm just basing it off of how many people were at second look, historically how much they use the WL, and the current number of non-current EVMS students in the Facebook group.
Edit: They also typically offer ~30 spots to Med Masters, so that would also suggest at least 30 spots still being open in addition to whatever is currently open. Might be more than half full. But like I said, it's just a guess on my part.
schools have to be full by march 15 (or some date mid march) and most still have an overflow of acceptances
Yeah, but a lot of people turn down acceptances during the cycle if they're holding onto a lot of them.
Just withdrew my acceptance from EVMS. I'm an in-state male. Best of luck to all of you, EVMS seems like a wonderful school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats when did you interview, you dont need to be exact? Are you IS or OOS just want to see whats moving?Accepted to EVMS just now! I am beyond excited![]()
I am OOS with no ties to the Norfolk area. I interviewed at the end of September and was told that I was in the top third of the waitlist when I called them in October.Congrats when did you interview, you dont need to be exact? Are you IS or OOS just want to see whats moving?
I am OOS with no ties to the Norfolk area. I interviewed at the end of September and was told that I was in the top third of the waitlist when I called them in October.
Mind sharing gender and race?
I am an Asian male, so I feel pretty fortunate!Mind sharing gender and race?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

