2015-2016 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this kind of pisses me off because committee letters have that advantage of including like 6 letters, while I can't even include my research pi letter even if it is the most important/personal one in my opinion. If I got research credit and had a grade, would that count as a "class" ?

(also shesh that second fb post makes me think those students who emailed are not getting IIs or something..)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
this kind of pisses me off because committee letters have that advantage of including like 6 letters, while I can't even include my research pi letter even if it is the most important/personal one in my opinion. If I got research credit and had a grade, would that count as a "class" ?

(also shesh that second fb post makes me think those students who emailed are not getting IIs or something..)
Boy do I understand that struggle...I decided to submit 5 letters regardless, but one of them was a clinical research PI. With hope, it would count as a science letter.

Where does it explicitly say we cant submit PI letters? My 2 PI letters are like the highlight of my LOR portfolio..

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not explicit, but JHU really only wants 3 LORs: 2 from science and 1 non-science faculty who have taught you. Implicitly, this means no PIs since they can't evaluate your academic abilities in comparison to a larger class.

Working through the secondary here and wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar issue...in the screenshot you can see a mention of the matriculation date 8/1/15. I simply followed the app link I received in an email this morning--it wouldn't have possibly taken me to last year's application by any chance, would it?

Attachments

• jhu screenshot.png
    jhu screenshot.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 78
Is anyone else applying MD/PhD not finding the program as an option on the drop down menu? I am only getting MD or MD/MBA.

Working through the secondary here and wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar issue...in the screenshot you can see a mention of the matriculation date 8/1/15. I simply followed the app link I received in an email this morning--it wouldn't have possibly taken me to last year's application by any chance, would it?
Oh good, it's not just me. It's probably a typo on their part.

These "hours/week" spaces are incredibly frustrating. There's no way for you to designate activities that you only did in, say, the summer or only during the school year. Or once-a-year events that are recurring.

I hear ya. Most of this application is just a regurgitated primary in a less efficient form...

saving this one till later...no motivation to fill out these activities. are you guys averaging your summer hours over 48 weeks?

Submitted! And @Glazedonutlove honestly I just did my best estimate of the number of hours on average.

saving this one till later...no motivation to fill out these activities. are you guys averaging your summer hours over 48 weeks?
Don't save it!! They are semi rolling admissions. Important to get it done asap in my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 submitted couple of hours ago.

Just noticed I had an extra word/typo in one of my essays that doesn't make sense. UGH.

Did everyone fill out the optional essay at the end?

For real guys why do you have your actual photo as your avatar!?! Riskayyyyyy

But for the record, my avatar photo is me

Reactions: 1 users

lol mine isn't actually me. I googled "guy selfie"

Reactions: 1 users

Not for me tbh. I'm pretty generic looking when it comes to Korean models lol