2015-2016 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Question: Does the secondary want you to prove your instate status through your parents tax returns? I know some schools do that and I just want to help get all the stuff ready if possible.

Question: Does the secondary want you to prove your instate status through your parents tax returns? I know some schools do that and I just want to help get all the stuff ready if possible.
Don't think so...

Anybody receive a secondary yet? I know that last year they were being sent out as early as June 30th for those whose app was already fully processed by AMCAS.

Anybody receive a secondary yet? I know that last year they were being sent out as early as June 30th for those whose app was already fully processed by AMCAS.
I was completed last week and haven't received anything as of today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Soooo I talked to admissions on Thursday and they said, "Due to a glitch, they haven't been able to access the AMCAS primary applications...so the secondaries won't be released until next week". Just a heads up to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
So is new Orleans similar in regards to 2nds that they send them to all LA residents or are they more selective?

WHERE ARE THE SECONDARIES!!

Reactions: 1 users
Good question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called again yesterday and they said secondaries would be sent out within the week...apparently they are still dealing with a glitch when they go to access the primary apps.

I'd like to apply here, though I have no ties to Louisiana at all. Waste of time/money?

they generally take about 20 OOS ... I'd go for it you have a really good MCAT.... check out MSAR

So anyone receive secondaries yet?

I just got the secondary too! Interestingly, AMCAS hasn't told me my application is finished processing though...

Secondary in! good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Got it as well. Good luck everyone.

• If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school.
Anyone have any ideas for what to put here?
Just finished master's and I'm wondering if I should address undergrad shortcomings here?
I think my master's record speaks for itself, but I'm not sure...

for question 4 in the questionnaire...is it only volunteer work or paid as well? it seems to be like they want only volunteer but the question says "please indicate below any experiences in which you have been a volunteer or worker".

for question 4 in the questionnaire...is it only volunteer work or paid as well? it seems to be like they want only volunteer but the question says "please indicate below any experiences in which you have been a volunteer or worker".
I included paid positions as well as unpaid. However, my paid positions did involve patient contact.

I included paid positions as well as unpaid. However, my paid positions did involve patient contact.

Thanks so much, I was planning to include both as well! I just wanted to include scribing, which is paid but very much patient heavy.

• If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school.
Anyone have any ideas for what to put here?
Just finished master's and I'm wondering if I should address undergrad shortcomings here?
I think my master's record speaks for itself, but I'm not sure...
I second this, no clue what to put for this.

I just got the secondary too! Interestingly, AMCAS hasn't told me my application is finished processing though...
Same thing with me. I'm assuming it's part of the glitch as they usually don't send it until your AMCAS is processed. Are you going to submit your secondary before AMCAS is ready?

Nola and Shreveport automatically send secondarys to all LA residents. That's why you get them even before youre done processing I think. Either that or a glitch.

Same thing with me. I'm assuming it's part of the glitch as they usually don't send it until your AMCAS is processed. Are you going to submit your secondary before AMCAS is ready?

I've gotten the a-okay from AMCAS finally! So I'm going to send it the secondary tomorrow. Needed to go get a freakin passport picture lol

How do yall think we should title this extra letter we can write and how long should it be?

Ex. "Dear...", "To whom it may concern," etc?

How do yall think we should title this extra letter we can write and how long should it be?

Ex. "Dear...", "To whom it may concern," etc?

I just said "To the LSU Admissions Committee:" and kept it to one page

Yeah that's what I'm doing. One page also. Hope this helps

Submitted today! Anyone know when they offer their first interviews? I have a vague recollection that they're going to go through all ED for the next month or so?

For those of you who have received secondaries so far - are you IS or OOS?

Submitted today! Anyone know when they offer their first interviews? I have a vague recollection that they're going to go through all ED for the next month or so?
!st interviews for ED are usually mid Sept, for everyone else interviews start in Oct.

For those of you who have received secondaries so far - are you IS or OOS?
All instate applicants receive secondaries. OOS is by a review system like normal.

EDIT: Also, does NOLA send out updates on your application regularly once interviews start?

I just received a secondary two hours ago and I'm OOS. It said in the email they screen OOS applicants. Even though I made it past the screen, I'm not sure how important that is. Is it worth applying here if I have no strong ties to LA?

I just relieved the secondary. I'm OOS.

Just mailed my secondary. That is one heck of a relief.

can someone post the secondary questions?

No questions, just a spot for you to add a statement: "If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school."

When should we start hearing about interviews for RD people?