2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I called they said you may or may not recieve a call confirming your admittance
Thank you! but like honestly thats so ridiculous. "you may or may not receive a call" just makes everyone incredibly nervous and in my opinion thats unnecessary. They should just be straightforward about what their plan is

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! but like honestly thats so ridiculous. "you may or may not receive a call" just makes everyone incredibly nervous and in my opinion thats unnecessary. They should just be straightforward about what their plan is
Right! My anxiety is through the roof right now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Right! My anxiety is through the roof right now!
SAME!! It seems like they're telling everyone different things. I can wait for my letter to arrive but the uncertainty of receiving a call or not makes it so much worse

Reactions: 1 user
When I called they said you may or may not recieve a call confirming your admittance

I noticed several people that got a call yesterday were already accepted to Shreveport. Maybe they got a call so they could withdraw their acceptance ASAP and there isn’t a rush for those of us still waiting to get one acceptance?

Reactions: 1 users
I noticed several people that got a call yesterday were already accepted to Shreveport. Maybe they got a call so they could withdraw their acceptance ASAP and there isn’t a rush for those of us still waiting to get one acceptance?
This makes sense

I was accepted to Shreveport in February and I accepted my spot there to be safe and I haven't gotten a call from Nola (yet? idk) but its possible its coming or they're not calling me

maybe they are calling in a specific order and are waiting for those people to accept before calling others? idk but it seems like they're not following a logical plan

I really don't think they have a plan at this point...

Just called admissions, not much of an update at all. They couldn't give me any information on the calls, just that all letters are being sent today through early next week /:
To those who were accepted, did your AMCAS update?
Yes! My amcas updated same day

For those who got the call, did she say that we have to accept within 5 days of receiving the call or within 5 days of receiving the letter?

In case anyone might be interested, there is an online Biochemistry prep course designed for anyone starting medical school this Fall. It is offered at Tulane SOM, but is offering the same rate to LSU-New Orleans Admits and WL/NFA as offered to incoming Tulane Med students. One module is Medical Cellular and the other is Metabolic. You can only take one if you would like.

If interested, you can look at it here: Prep Course - Medical Biochemistry | Medicine

Best wishes to all of you and congratulations to those of you admitted to Medical School this Fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else constantly refreshing this page, hoping to see people getting acceptance calls?

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else constantly refreshing this page, hoping to see people getting acceptance calls?
Literally every 5 mins. We’re in this together y’all lmao

Reactions: 2 users
I noticed there are 190 people (186 + 4 mods) in the class of 24 Facebook page, but have also noticed there’s 220+ in previous years Facebook groups..

I noticed there are 190 people (186 + 4 mods) in the class of 24 Facebook page, but have also noticed there’s 220+ in previous years Facebook groups..
I looked at this today too. I checked yesterday as well and it had 164 members, so they added quite a few today.

You guys are doing some serious investigative work! Much appreciated!

Oof yeah between this and refreshing my AMCAS to see if there's something new on my 'Choose your medical school' tool I need to have my computer taken away from me lol. I think I'm gonna take a break from looking at it because considering that it's Memorial Day Weekend we probably won't hear anything for at least a few days. Here's to holding out and not driving ourselves insane :)

Oof yeah between this and refreshing my AMCAS to see if there's something new on my 'Choose your medical school' tool I need to have my computer taken away from me lol. I think I'm gonna take a break from looking at it because considering that it's Memorial Day Weekend we probably won't hear anything for at least a few days. Here's to holding out and not driving ourselves insane :)
I just realized this, which means no mail until at least Tuesday :arghh:

I totally checked the FB page yesterday too. They’ve added 29 new members in the last two days. Not feeling so confident now!

Last edited:
Listen fellas Im not expecting good things lol. i feel like it may be time to call it. I'll see yall next may after a masters program :,(

Listen fellas Im not expecting good things lol. i feel like it may be time to call it. I'll see yall next may after a masters program :,(
I’m applying to Mississippi College for their medical masters. They teach medical school classes in their program.

I would... but I just finished my master’s program hoping for a miracle

Hey y’all. Been a minute. I posted way back on page 1 and a lot in last years. Abita and I are at the tap room right now drinking away our frustrations and hoping for better days soon. I interviewed in March and heard nothing yet, and I’m a reapplicant from a year ago. Hoping for better news soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Abita and I are at the tap room right now drinking away our frustrations and hoping for better days soon. I interviewed in March and heard nothing yet, and I’m a reapplicant from a year ago. Hoping for better news soon!
Come thru

I would... but I just finished my master’s program hoping for a miracle
Same. I’m trying to figure out what imma do for another year if I get bad news

I'm
Same. I’m trying to figure out what imma do for another year if I get bad news
I'm doing a 2 year program with a thesis and im going to reapply next may. I can't apply this cycle with the same stats. I have been doing anything year except scribing

I'm

I'm doing a 2 year program with a thesis and im going to reapply next may. I can't apply this cycle with the same stats. I have been doing anything year except scribing
I just finished a 2 year masters program at LSU-NO so I’m really hoping I get some good news soon ugh :(

I'm juat stuck on whether to go to Tulane or LSU for 2 years masters program or John Hopkins for a 1 year program with possibility to transfer to a the second year

I just finished a 2 year masters program at LSU-NO so I’m really hoping I get some good news soon ugh :(
I'm sorry, I feel for you. Have you called adcoms to see what you can improve? I would think about retaking the mcat and getting some more ECs

I'm sorry, I feel for you. Have you called adcoms to see what you can improve? I would think about retaking the mcat and getting some more ECs
If I get bad news I’m definitely planning on contacting Dr. Eubanks, although I’m pretty positive it’s my MCAT that’s holding me back

I got a 509 but I've taken it 3 times. I feel like that may have played a part. I guess I'm gonna have to retake it and get 514+

Last edited:
If I get bad news I’m definitely planning on contacting Dr. Eubanks, although I’m pretty positive it’s my MCAT that’s holding me back

Me too, guh. Same boat.

• Sad
I'm juat stuck on whether to go to Tulane or LSU for 2 years masters program or John Hopkins for a 1 year program with possibility to transfer to a the second year

Honestly, your best bet would be to go with the most affordable option and perhaps the best option to foster some connections. If LSU is your dream school, it would probably be best to go there. I just wrapped my 2-year epidemiology master's program. Kind of perfect timing in terms of job market, but if I don't get in this year I'm pretty much stuck working for at least two years because my stats haven't changed since applying.

Honestly, your best bet would be to go with the most affordable option and perhaps the best option to foster some connections. If LSU is your dream school, it would probably be best to go there. I just wrapped my 2-year epidemiology master's program. Kind of perfect timing in terms of job market, but if I don't get in this year I'm pretty much stuck working for at least two years because my stats haven't changed since applying.
So, I read y’alls conversation about next steps, and I want to help! I got into both LSU shrev and Nola my second time around AFTER doing a master’s program. So, if you’re currently in one, keep hope for the next cycle because I can attest my master’s program is the reason I got in. I did the tulane one year non-thesis biochem master’s which also has medical school equivalent courses. You take the same biochem class as the med students with the same professors, exams, etc. The micro/immuno program is also good. I took their microbio/parasitology/immuno med school equivalent classes. However, I’m biased towards biochem just because they have a VERY well-designed program, and our coordinator dedicates so much extra time to helping us edit applications, designing a school list, contacting people, and more!!! Now, if your goal is LSU Shrev, I was told when i interviewed that mississippi college master’s is a feeder program to LSU Shrev, so thats almost a guarantee. The Tulane programs are expensive, but they helped me achieve my dream, and they can help you too!! Also, not doing a thesis was great!! I hope this helps as you decide on next steps! Also, Helping others genuinely brings me joy, so do not hesitate to ask me any more questions!

So, I read y’alls conversation about next steps, and I want to help! I got into both LSU shrev and Nola my second time around AFTER doing a master’s program. So, if you’re currently in one, keep hope for the next cycle because I can attest my master’s program is the reason I got in. I did the tulane one year non-thesis biochem master’s which also has medical school equivalent courses. You take the same biochem class as the med students with the same professors, exams, etc. The micro/immuno program is also good. I took their microbio/parasitology/immuno med school equivalent classes. However, I’m biased towards biochem just because they have a VERY well-designed program, and our coordinator dedicates so much extra time to helping us edit applications, designing a school list, contacting people, and more!!! Now, if your goal is LSU Shrev, I was told when i interviewed that mississippi college master’s is a feeder program to LSU Shrev, so thats almost a guarantee. The Tulane programs are expensive, but they helped me achieve my dream, and they can help you too!! Also, not doing a thesis was great!! I hope this helps as you decide on next steps! Also, Helping others genuinely brings me joy, so do not hesitate to ask me any more questions!
Thanks for this! I’ve had the one year Tulane MS application open for a few weeks, but I couldn’t decide if I wanted to do it. My masters is an MPH, so I think a year of grad-level hard science courses would help me out a lot. Congrats on your acceptances!

Thanks for this! I’ve had the one year Tulane MS application open for a few weeks, but I couldn’t decide if I wanted to do it. My masters is an MPH, so I think a year of grad-level hard science courses would help me out a lot. Congrats on your acceptances!
That's exactly the track I took. I have a MPH&TM from Tulane and also a MS from Tulane in Molecular Medicine (from the dept of Pathology). The graduate work allowed me to get tons of research experience, including a research fellowship, and granted me exposure to shadowing hours in sub-specialties I was interested in like Infectious Disease, Pediatric Allergy & Immunology, and Pulmonology at the Wetmore TB Clinic. I am excited to finally add MD to the rest of my post-graduate collection.

• Care
Hey y’all. Been a minute. I posted way back on page 1 and a lot in last years. Abita and I are at the tap room right now drinking away our frustrations and hoping for better days soon. I interviewed in March and heard nothing yet, and I’m a reapplicant from a year ago. Hoping for better news soon!
Reapplicant here too man. There's always a chance of a waitlist, I know of people who got off it and are now there. Great job to everyone who did masters programs, no matter what you're more prepared than the average student now because of it! I wish we could all have a group hug over shots at a bar right now <3

Reapplicant here too man. There's always a chance of a waitlist, I know of people who got off it and are now there. Great job to everyone who did masters programs, no matter what you're more prepared than the average student now because of it! I wish we could all have a group hug over shots at a bar right now <3
Yeah it isn’t over yet y’all, they may still have more acceptances to send out. And if not, some people will definitely get in from the waitlist over the next few weeks! We gotta remember that. It’s just so hard to stay positive when we’re left in the dark with no communication. I’d rather plan for the worst and be pleasantly surprised rather than have my hopes up and be let down :(

Reactions: 4 users
I just took a shot in the dark and sent over my spring semester unofficial transcript. It can't hurt, right?

Informed delivery shows that I’m receiving a letter today

You really going to make me go check the mail and be sad right now? I had forgot for a short period of time and was happily enjoying some PlayStation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Rejected :(. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!