2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I've got a green check in the status - LOR section, but if you click on secondary application and then document status there's just a blank page with the word References at the top. I thought that was kinda weird but not gonna worry about it just yet.

Has anyone received an App complete email? I submitted Thursday so its still super early but on the chance that it comes automatically like at some other schools, I was just wondering if anyone got it. I did get an App received email.

I bet this is gonna take forever since they're getting secondaries pouring in all the sudden...

Same for the red exclamation. And I have not received an App complete email.

Members don't see this ad :)
The 2 week deadline isn't a hard one...simply a recommendation to get your secondary in as early as possible as they are rolling.

Were you able to find out what the problem was? I'm experiencing the exact same thing.
I had put N/A for a summer course, and I just got the grade today so when I changed it to the actual grade it worked. Not sure if you did the same though

EDP: Received my II today! Interview dates available are the 24th, 25th, and 27th.

Reactions: 1 users
Great!!! I had no confirmation, so I had to call the office to confirm. Did you get a confirmation email or anything under the interview tab after you submitted the date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great!!! I had no confirmation, so I had to call the office to confirm. Did you get a confirmation email or anything under the interview tab after you submitted the date?

Nope. I pressed submit and then the whole screen went blank. I still can't see anything. Haha. The issues they're having with this secondary application is ridiculous.

Nope. I pressed submit and then the whole screen went blank. I still can't see anything. Haha. The issues they're having with this secondary application is ridiculous.

She said all we needed was in the invite email and that we should be there at 8:00 am (also mentioned 8:30, but I'll be there by 8:00 am).

The email says that there would be info about student hosting under the interview tab but that's not there either.

I do know a few current students, so I may see if I can spend the night with one of them. I am just over 1.5 hrs from Augusta and plan on driving up the night before.

Did any of you guys that got IIs receive a "complete" email before-hand?

I didn't. I just made sure my LORs were received online.

She said all we needed was in the invite email and that we should be there at 8:00 am (also mentioned 8:30, but I'll be there by 8:00 am).

The email says that there would be info about student hosting under the interview tab but that's not there either.

I do know a few current students, so I may see if I can spend the night with one of them. I am just over 1.5 hrs from Augusta and plan on driving up the night before.

Yeah, there should be a whole page of information on the interview tab with a way to sign up for student hosting, information about where to go, and such. It's just messed up. Haha.

so are they only reviewing EDP right now or has anyone gotten II that is not EDP

Reactions: 1 user
so are they only reviewing EDP right now or has anyone gotten II that is not EDP

They're way behind in terms of screening applications according to Bonnie. For a frame of reference, I applied EDP last year and received an II on August 1st. This year, I didn't receive the email until August 14th (i.e. two weeks later). And according to the thread from last year, the first II were sent out for RD in late August, so I'd guess that they won't send any out until September at their current rate.

People will start posting when they receive an II for Regular Decision - don't worry.

Reactions: 1 users
About how long after applying thru amcas did it take for secondary to arrive? RD applicant here.

Has anyone received a complete email?

& for those that received an II, do you all get complete emails?

They don't send out complete e-mails.

Is anyone's (RD) LOR status still a red exclamation mark?

Yes, mine is too. It's weird because next to the red exclamation mark is something that says the committee letter was received, the name of the letter writer, and the date it was received.

Anyone know how MCG views multiple MCATs?
I've heard that they take the best score, but I wouldn't quote me on that. If you have a decent MCAT average and are a Georgia resident, I think you'll be fine :)

I've heard that they take the best score, but I wouldn't quote me on that. If you have a decent MCAT average and are a Georgia resident, I think you'll be fine :)

Eh...2 28s..and a 514 (33)? So I guess that puts me around 30 for my mcat avg..not too far off the 32 avg I guess. I think using the best score makes the most sense ;) haha

Eh...2 28s..and a 514 (33)? So I guess that puts me around 30 for my mcat avg..not too far off the 32 avg I guess. I think using the best score makes the most sense ;) haha
Well they interview 600 of 1000 GA applicants, so I think you'll definitely get an interview with that as long as GPA and EC's are in order

Has anyone received a RD II or have an idea when they will be sent out?

I'm OOS - does anybody know if this is even a possibility? Also, do I have to submit my Florida driver's license, etc? It seems like all the listed documents are for Georgia.

I'm also OOS. I did not submit my drivers license, but I was wondering the same thing. We just got to skip that entire residency section, right?

I think out of a handful of OOS matriculants, more than a half of them are MD/PhD. Don't quote me on it though.

I'm OOS - does anybody know if this is even a possibility? Also, do I have to submit my Florida driver's license, etc? It seems like all the listed documents are for Georgia.

Around 15 out of 230 accepted students (6.5% of class) last year were OOS, so keep expectations in line. 1483 OOS applied..so roughly a 1% acceptance for OOS applicants. Conversely, 1214 IS applicants, so 17.7% acceptance for IS applicants..so though OOS is a possibility..is it significantly harder.

All of my letters have been marked as received, but I still have a red "!" when I check my status. Anyone else having this problem?

All of my letters have been marked as received, but I still have a red "!" when I check my status. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, I've had that problem since I received secondary 8/6 (and my letters were in AMCAS 7/28).

Did you find out? Or does anybody know what we put for:
"1. Please list the name of your pre-medical advisor or the Chairman of your pre-medical advisory committee.
Pre-Medical Advisor / Chairman OR Person representing a Letter Packet"
It says not to fill in with N/A... But I have three separate personal recommendations and my school doesn't have a committee or chairman :/

Also, if I went on a few medical trips to another country and the doctor who started it wrote me a letter but was never actually on a trip with me, do you think it would be wise to check the box for "a physician who has observed you in a clinical setting?" He kind of employs the doctors who I worked under and such... What do you all think?

What did you end up doing? I am in the same scenario...been out of school for a year..don't even know who the prehealth advisor is..and we definitely didn't have a committee.

is the deadline for the Georgia resident documentation for RD December 1st or 2 weeks from the date the secondary was received?

is the deadline for the Georgia resident documentation for RD December 1st or 2 weeks from the date the secondary was received?

"Applicants must submit their AMCAS applications between June 2, 2015 and November 1, 2015. All applications and official transcripts must be received in the AMCAS office by November 1st to be considered for the Regular Decision Program. MCG at GRU must be listed on the AMCAS application as a school of application by the November 1st deadline. Official transcripts from U.S. and Canadian post-secondary institutions must be received by November 15, 2015. Transcripts must arrive to the AMCAS office directly from the college’s/university’s Registrar’s Office. All application supplemental documents, which are items required in addition to the AMCAS application, should be returned two weeks after receipt and must be in the application file by December 1, 2015. These items include all residency documentation, required course listings, and other specifically requested documents."

Interpret that how you will.

"Applicants must submit their AMCAS applications between June 2, 2015 and November 1, 2015. All applications and official transcripts must be received in the AMCAS office by November 1st to be considered for the Regular Decision Program. MCG at GRU must be listed on the AMCAS application as a school of application by the November 1st deadline. Official transcripts from U.S. and Canadian post-secondary institutions must be received by November 15, 2015. Transcripts must arrive to the AMCAS office directly from the college’s/university’s Registrar’s Office. All application supplemental documents, which are items required in addition to the AMCAS application, should be returned two weeks after receipt and must be in the application file by December 1, 2015. These items include all residency documentation, required course listings, and other specifically requested documents."

I called because I didn't have a letter in 2 weeks after they sent me a secondary. She said that letters of recs do not follow this deadline and as long as I submitted the secondary within two weeks I'm ok.

Now Im concerned because I have all of my letters but it still says my recs are incomplete; it has also been like 3 weeks since they sent me the email so I don't know whats going on. I feel like my app won't be reviewed until the system says I'm complete, no? I should probably call again lol

I called today and admissions said that the residency documents do not follow the 2 week time period. However, after reading your quote, I hope that the information I was given is correct.

Also, for those that had questions regarding the "pre health advisor/committee" blank...admissions got back to me and said you could use a science LOR in place of that.

Sigh...just now submitted my secondary...but based on lack of RD II's...I'm not sweating just yet.

Something tells me with all the problems with LoR's that II might be a little delayed this year. Based on last years thread, the first wave of II was this week, but they went to high stat applicants.

What did you end up doing? I am in the same scenario...been out of school for a year..don't even know who the prehealth advisor is..and we definitely didn't have a committee.
I looked back at the email they sent and it said, "Some students may not have a pre-health committee or pre-health advisor. In that case, they need to submit a letter from an academic advisor or one of their science professors." So I put my professor in this space, and hopefully it will go smoothly. Still have the red "!" next to my LORs even though they have everything though...