2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great!! I think I remember you! Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview?

Interviews are typically very laid back at MCG. Your visitation day includes a presentation from the Dean of Admissions, two interviews with one member on the committee, lunch, and a student-led tour. The first interview is open-file and the second one is closed. I found the first one went better because we were able to discuss specifics about my application and experiences while the second one was really open-ended because they know NOTHING about you or your application. A "tell me about yourself" kind of thing. They don't have access to view your application until after they submit their opinion on your acceptance, so you need to make sure you get in all the important factors which would show you're qualified.

Reactions: 3 users
I thought secondaries didn't go out until August because they were having problems?

Got II invite friday! Chooosing to go on the 21st!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@JasonGom @canttellmenothin - would you mind sharing when your secondaries were complete? I know schools don't always go in chronological order, I am just curious. I received the secondary on 8/6 and was complete on 8/8 with all of my reference letters received on 8/7. I'm sure there are others in a similar situation. Thanks!

EDIT: If you don't mind, would you provide your AMCAS complete dates as well? For instance, my application was cleared by AMCAS on 6/4/15. Thanks, y'all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone's LORs still marked incomplete (red exclamation mark) in the status tab even though your LORs might be marked individually as "received" underneath the notes? It's been a solid month since I submitted my secondary and LORs...

Huh? :confused:
I'm assuming you know who @jojahtechpremed is?

Haha perhaps he's seen me post in some other school threads. My LizzyM is 76-77, I'm betting they don't go in strict chronological order since it seems like they're just starting with the RD IIs and my completion date is a little after some other people.

And for anyone wondering about the letters, my letters all had the red exclamation marks next to them but when I checked today after receiving the II, they all had green checks.

Good luck to all of you, hope to see some of you in Augusta!

Haha perhaps he's seen me post in some other school threads. My LizzyM is 76-77, I'm betting they don't go in strict chronological order since it seems like they're just starting with the RD IIs and my completion date is a little after some other people.

And for anyone wondering about the letters, my letters all had the red exclamation marks next to them but when I checked today after receiving the II, they all had green checks.

Good luck to all of you, hope to see some of you in Augusta!
When did you last check before the II? I hope they don't do that when they review apps because I had the red for a while and now they're green but no II yet :(

When did you last check before the II? I hope they don't do that when they review apps because I had the red for a while and now they're green but no II yet :(

Not exactly sure, maybe 4-5 days ago? I wouldn't read too much into whether it's marked or not and if you don't yet have an II. I am sure one will be coming your way!

I totally speculating but I wonder if they kept all of the RD LOR's red so that they could focus on ED people and now that they are starting on RD they fixed it. Just a wild guess but it makes sense. (And helps me feel better lol)

I totally speculating but I wonder if they kept all of the RD LOR's red so that they could focus on ED people and now that they are starting on RD they fixed it. Just a wild guess but it makes sense. (And helps me feel better lol)
I actually called last week to ask about it and they said it was something wrong with their system and not to worry about it.

Dammit, I literally just emailed them about that haha

Everytime I email schools, I'm scared that I might "wake the dragon".....

II invite this afternoon (RD). IS 34, 3.81 complete 8/19. First II of the season!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email!! Accepted 9/10! Early Decision here. Good luck you guys!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all those accepted! Hopefully, with EDP finishing, us RD applicants can get more love :D

Just got accepted! I have less than stellar stats (3.74GPA, 31 MCAT) so don't give up hope! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! I was deferred.

I'm so happy for you ZovaxX! :)

Congrats!! I was deferred.

I'm so happy for you ZovaxX! :)

Keep your head up! I was in your position last year, and I know it's rough but I know you of all people got the will-power and capability to go far.

Keep your head up! I was in your position last year, and I know it's rough but I know you of all people got the will-power and capability to go far.
Aww, thanks!

I know this depends on the school, but does anyone know how MCG interprets new and old MCAT scores? Obviously they'll look at both, but I was wondering if they ever explicitly stated preferring one over another.

Sorry! Look on the bright side: you've interviewed! I'm going to use this wait time to add to my application. And of course, check out other schools.

When did you interview?

Get those apps in to other schools quickly guys! and good luck to us all with MCG! Once we all get in RD, we'll have an exclusive RD applicant party ;) haha

Get those apps in to other schools quickly guys! and good luck to us all with MCG! Once we all get in RD, we'll have an exclusive RD applicant party ;) haha

Pshhhh. Lame.

Ok. Was just wondering if you were there when I was. Do you know anyone that applied for the Southwest campus?

II just now!!! Submitted 8/10, LizzyM 71

Edit- Anyone else interviewing on 9/23??

Last edited:
So did I. I wonder how many were accepted under "Option 2."