2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite!!!! AMCAS verified 9/8, complete 10/19, LizzyM 67. I was super stressed about submitting so late, but there is hope people :) current dates available are 11/2, 12/2, 12/4, 12/9, and 12/11

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite!!!! AMCAS verified 9/8, complete 10/19, LizzyM 67. I was super stressed about submitting so late, but there is hope people :) current dates available are 11/2, 12/2, 12/4, 12/9, and 12/11

whoa thats an amazing turnaround, jealous!

congrats!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. I guess I've been passed over; I'm kinda jelly.

Congratulations to the first batch of acceptees! Hope to see you all at second look!

Reactions: 1 users
Did they seriously send out a newsletter and give me a heart attack

Reactions: 6 users
My heart just stopped because they sent out a newsletter email today and I saw Feinberg in the subject of an email.. c'mon man. c'mon

Reactions: 5 users
My heart just stopped because they sent out a newsletter email today and I saw Feinberg in the subject of an email.. c'mon man. c'mon
Came over to this thread to say exactly that...why do they torture us so?

Yeah that newsletter got me all excited. This is bogus

I'm literally so angry. Ugh what the hell hahaha I don't want a damn newsletter without an II. At least reject me or something lol

Reactions: 6 users
Genuinely confused as to why they think we'll be interested in the goings on at their school when we don't even have interviews.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I think it would have been more appropriate for it to be a newsletter for like accepted students where they can sell the school, etc.

Anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file? Not a lot of information out there on the whole interview day and I really really want to nail this one.

Anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file? Not a lot of information out there on the whole interview day and I really really want to nail this one.
the faculty interviews are open file and the panel interview with a student is closed

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the portal?

It didn't work on either, actually. I finally got in on Safari.

Are you using Chrome? it doesn't work with their site for some reason. Firefox works though.

I have found that regardless of browser, if I open the portal in an incognito window I can log in just fine.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!!! How long after your interviews did you hear back?

For those who have interviewed how many interviewees were there per day? And also how many dates available to anyone who recently got an II? I'm dying waiting from northwestern, hopefully it's not a silent rejection

Just got deferred to March. Interviewed last Friday

ACCEPTED!!!! First Acceptance this cycle!! Had a smile that I still can't shake. :D

Reactions: 17 users
Accepted via E-mail!!
Interviewed 10/14

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted yesterday!!! Takes the sting out of Wednesday's WL.

Reactions: 4 users
Sure! I interviewed on 10/23.

Deferred. Anyone know what the movement is like for deferred decisions (ratio of accept/waitlist)?

Deferred. Anyone know what the movement is like for deferred decisions (ratio of accept/waitlist)?

So I remember it being something like 25% accepted before March. The other 75% are accepted then, with the remainder mostly waitlisted with 5-10% rejected at that point.

When'd you interview?

Are those percentages out of total number interviewed?

Of the 50% accepted (amongst all interviewees), 25 now 75 later, rest waitlisted save for a small fraction of rejections.

Last edited:
That stat of 75% of acceptances coming through deferrals seems pretty accurate. Myself and a lot of my classmates were deferred until March. Congrats to all of those who have already been accepted! It's awesome to have an option at such an incredible place like Northwestern so early.

That stat of 75% of acceptances coming through deferrals seems pretty accurate. Myself and a lot of my classmates were deferred until March. Congrats to all of those who have already been accepted! It's awesome to have an option at such an incredible place like Northwestern so early.
You give me hope :love:

Stupid question but what do you mean by dererred?

When do you think the next wave of decisions will be?

Last edited:
Hey is the Northwestern interview blind? Like will they know what activities I was involved in, or will the interview be conducted independent of that?

Hey is the Northwestern interview blind? Like will they know what activities I was involved in, or will the interview be conducted independent of that?
The student interview is blind, but the faculty interviews are open file.

Of the 50% accepted (amongst all interviewees), 25 now 75 later, rest waitlisted save for a small fraction of rejections.

northwestern interviews (according to msar) ~738 people. So if 50% of interviewees are accepted, does that mean ~369 people are accepted? isn't that a really high number of accepted people cause only 163 are in the total class, so is it less than 50% that are accepted? thanks

Well, you're not taking into account the fact that many who are accepted at a given school end up going to a different one. In fact, the yield of 163/369 = 44% would actually not be that bad. I can't speak to the veracity of the numbers quoted above, but they are at least realistic at face value.
okay, i see. thank you for clearing that up

Folks who have received an acceptance, congratulations! Join the acceptee facebook group if you so choose. https://www.facebook.com/groups/425625754309797/

Link brings you to this error message: "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

You might need to make it an open group in order for people to join.

Deferred decision. Blah. This is my number one school after visiting, was really hoping I'd be able to start planning with an acceptance. Now we wait.

Accepted!!!! Interviewed last week. LizzyM 75+. Kinda shocked by the turnaround

Reactions: 7 users
same^ interviewed last week, accepted. LizzyM under 65. Great school, the people are amazing. very shocked at the turnaround. GL to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Link brings you to this error message: "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

You might need to make it an open group in order for people to join.

Yeah can you post the link again or give me the words I should search in FB to get to that group? Id love to join it!