You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MSAR doesn't list waitlist stats....Per MSAR data: 48 students were accepted from the waitlist last year. Total number on that list is given as a range of 100-400.
MSAR 2017 does. They recently added waitlist data, box plots to display MCAT score ranges, and plenty of other fancy features that have really spruced up the UI, IMO.MSAR doesn't list waitlist stats....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, i knew of the other features. I never went to the Acceptance tab since everything was in the Summary section.MSAR 2017 does. They recently added waitlist data, box plots to display MCAT score ranges, and plenty of other fancy features that have really spruced up the UI, IMO.
Has anyone heard anything regarding an acceptance recently? I feel like it has been silent for quite a while.
The last interview day was on Monday, so at this point I would bet good money that most of the spots have been offered. I would expect a wave of acceptances around April 30, which is when people have to give up multiple acceptances. Good luck to everyone deferred like myself.
The last interview day was on Monday, so at this point I would bet good money that most of the spots have been offered. I would expect a wave of acceptances around April 30, which is when people have to give up multiple acceptances. Good luck to everyone deferred like myself.
Yea I agree on most of the spots already been offered. I was just under the impression that all interviewees had a equal probability of selection regardless of the date of your interview - which lead to my question, since people were interviewing up until the last week, yet it appears no one on here has posted an acceptance here in quite some time. So either the rate of acceptances has decreased or people are not posting their acceptances.
Either way, good luck to everyone in this long process - see you on April 30th.
Any ideas when the waitlist is formed? After April 30th?
yet it appears no one on here has posted an acceptance here in quite some time. So either the rate of acceptances has decreased or people are not posting their acceptances.
k, 10 days
Apparently the answer to my question was on their website. FYI, after April 30th the deferred list becomes the waitlist.Any ideas when the waitlist is formed? After April 30th?
I was just looking at the 2014-2015 thread and it looks like us deferred people probably wont be hearing back till the 30th (earliest) 🙁
Well, I've been waiting since mid-October so a few more days can't hurt 😛I was just looking at the 2014-2015 thread and it looks like us deferred people probably wont be hearing back till the 30th (earliest) 🙁
Well, I've been waiting since mid-October so a few more days can't hurt 😛
I wish I was that patient lol. I was looking at MSAR and they took about 50 people off the waitlist last year and they said the waitlist was between 100 & 400 people. idk how long the waitlist is this year but I hope we're a part of the 50 lol.
Withdrew my acceptance from here a couple of weeks ago. Hope it goes to one of you on the WL. Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Print from the portal! You can use fancy paperDid anyone not get a hard copy of the acceptance letter in the mail? I know I actually got accepted because I put my deposit down, but kind of wanted to put that letter on my fridge 😀
Does OSU silently reject pre interview? Any idea if they are still interviewing?
The last interview day was March 28thDoes OSU silently reject pre interview? Any idea if they are still interviewing?
Thanks!The last interview day was March 28th
for those that interviewed on the 28th, when were you supposed to hear back?
Wow. So they don't even let you know that you were rejected.
Anyone heard any financial info?
+1Also rejected pre-II this morning. At least they tell you!
Edit: Received financial aid information. Pretty sure this is only need based though.
Usually merit and need based aid are released at the same time, and that is if merit aid isn't released earlier. Did anyone get notification of scholarships/grants?
Usually merit and need based aid are released at the same time, and that is if merit aid isn't released earlier. Did anyone get notification of scholarships/grants?
You sure? Because the people I have been talking to have said that the need based is done through the university and was coming out this week and that Dr. Capers and the admissions office handles the merit based and that might not come out until May. I could be wrong but I hope not because I didn't get any scholarships then! haha
I'm
I'm not sure to be honest! I'm going off all my other schools' financial aid processes. I hope it doesn't come out in May 🙁 I'm probably going to withdraw because I have better aid offered elsewhere.
You sure? Because the people I have been talking to have said that the need based is done through the university and was coming out this week and that Dr. Capers and the admissions office handles the merit based and that might not come out until May. I could be wrong but I hope not because I didn't get any scholarships then! haha
I'm not sure to be honest! I'm going off all my other schools' financial aid processes. I hope it doesn't come out in May 🙁 I'm probably going to withdraw because I have better aid offered elsewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. Most people have to make some decision before April 30, and it would only make sense that we have all financial info in order to make that decision. That would be crazy on their part if not so.I'm
I'm not sure to be honest! I'm going off all my other schools' financial aid processes. I hope it doesn't come out in May 🙁 I'm probably going to withdraw because I have better aid offered elsewhere.
Has any other deferred student received an email saying they have been awarded a fin aid package? I got one about 10 minutes ago and I had to make a SDN account to make sure I wasn't tripping. The email had a link that sent me to the OSU fin aid website and it has loan counseling on my to-do list but the award section doesn't show anything.
I'm deferred and haven't received anything...Has any other deferred student received an email saying they have been awarded a fin aid package? I got one about 10 minutes ago and I had to make a SDN account to make sure I wasn't tripping. The email had a link that sent me to the OSU fin aid website and it has loan counseling on my to-do list but the award section doesn't show anything.
Has any other deferred student received an email saying they have been awarded a fin aid package? I got one about 10 minutes ago and I had to make a SDN account to make sure I wasn't tripping. The email had a link that sent me to the OSU fin aid website and it has loan counseling on my to-do list but the award section doesn't show anything.
I'm deferred and haven't received anything...
Also deferred and I haven't received anything. Not trying to get your hopes up (I don't know any more than you lol) but maybe this means you've been accepted and they just haven't called you yet? Or just a depressing database glitch.
I'm deferred and haven't received anything...
+1
@HolaMyNameIsDora probably worth calling the admissions office either way...Also deferred and I haven't received anything. Not trying to get your hopes up (I don't know any more than you lol) but maybe this means you've been accepted and they just haven't called you yet? Or just a depressing database glitch.
Last edited:
Update: So checked again and I have a real financial aid package, i even have a scholarship (small but still a scholarship).
I called twice and got two responses. the first time admissions transferred my call to financial aid (dont know why lol ) and the guy told me that hes not sure what the situation is but they dont give financial aid packages to people that arent accepted so he thinks its a good sign but he cant verify anything.
Called again and the lady told me that they send financial aid packages to everyone...so Im kind of confused.
What should my next step be?
I called twice and got two responses. the first time admissions transferred my call to financial aid (dont know why lol ) and the guy told me that hes not sure what the situation is but they dont give financial aid packages to people that arent accepted so he thinks its a good sign but he cant verify anything.
Called again and the lady told me that they send financial aid packages to everyone...so Im kind of confused.
What should my next step be?
And the lady that answered said that theres going to be movement on the deferred list most likely May 2nd.
I dont want to keep bugging them to get an answer but I want an answer lol
I dont want to keep bugging them to get an answer but I want an answer lol
Update: So checked again and I have a real financial aid package, i even have a scholarship (small but still a scholarship).
I called twice and got two responses. the first time admissions transferred my call to financial aid (dont know why lol ) and the guy told me that hes not sure what the situation is but they dont give financial aid packages to people that arent accepted so he thinks its a good sign but he cant verify anything.
Called again and the lady told me that they send financial aid packages to everyone...so Im kind of confused.
What should my next step be?
Let's hope it's good news for you!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Update: So checked again and I have a real financial aid package, i even have a scholarship (small but still a scholarship).
I called twice and got two responses. the first time admissions transferred my call to financial aid (dont know why lol ) and the guy told me that hes not sure what the situation is but they dont give financial aid packages to people that arent accepted so he thinks its a good sign but he cant verify anything.
Called again and the lady told me that they send financial aid packages to everyone...so Im kind of confused.
What should my next step be?
No missed calls or texts? Your admissions letter still says deferred?
Hopefully!Let's hope it's good news for you!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
my portal still says deferred and I dont think Ive gotten a call or text or anything from themNo missed calls or texts? Your admissions letter still says deferred?
DANG! Well I'm pulling for you, hopefully good news to come on May 2nd!my portal still says deferred and I dont think Ive gotten a call or text or anything from them
Just withdrew my application today, so hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys!
Has any merit aid been released at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I called and it's looking like Merit aid has not been released yet. They said it will be released on a rolling basis going past the April 30th deadline. I find it really interesting because that means you may have gotten aid but if you choose another school past the deadline you would never know lol I'm most likely choosing to matriculate here anyway but still, for those who are still deciding that's tough.
So I called and it's looking like Merit aid has not been released yet. They said it will be released on a rolling basis going past the April 30th deadline. I find it really interesting because that means you may have gotten aid but if you choose another school past the deadline you would never know lol I'm most likely choosing to matriculate here anyway but still, for those who are still deciding that's tough.
That's so crazy. How can they expect their admitted students to make an informed decision without all the cards on the table?
That's where I'm at....deciding between here and two other schools. I'm almost positive I'll choose OSU but knowing about merit aid would make it much easier
With D-day upon us, any deferred applicants hear anything this week??
I haven't heard anything yet. Portal still says " Defered - Decision pending"With D-day upon us, any deferred applicants hear anything this week??