You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted685788
@taco152 Yes same prompt
Any in state applicants not receive the secondary email yet? Kinda curious about that. I submitted my apps the first day and have been committee letter was sent to amcas and verified a week before info was released. Making me nervous that others are getting secondary invites already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does OSU screen Primary apps?
That sucks, I just spoke with my advisor today and he said that they do... idk, glad you gat a secondary though!
I called yesterday and they said as long as you have an AMCAS app sent to them you should get one. You have to have an MCAT score though, thats whats holding me up, have to wait until the 21st now.
Annoying, but probably not the end of the world! Easier said than done, but not use worrying about things you can't changeUsed an m dash in word for my essay and after submitting it, the dash became a question mark 🙁
Annoying, but probably not the end of the world! Easier said than done, but not use worrying about things you can't change
Just mad at self because it clearly says "DONT USE WORD" haha but thanks
Soo I never actually got a secondary, but today I got an email about activating my OSU username. I activated it and it sent me to some portal, but I don't see anything about starting a secondary, nor did the email I got mention a secondary. Is this what everyone else got?
Look in your spam folder for another email regarding the secondary. They send a separate email with the secondary link but mine was in my junk folder.Soo I never actually got a secondary, but today I got an email about activating my OSU username. I activated it and it sent me to some portal, but I don't see anything about starting a secondary, nor did the email I got mention a secondary. Is this what everyone else got?
Look in your spam folder for another email regarding the secondary. They send a separate email with the secondary link but mine was in my junk folder.
Weird, nothing in any of my other folders. Hopefully they'll send it soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boatWeird, nothing in any of my other folders. Hopefully they'll send it soon!
https://medstar.osumc.edu/index.cfm?event=ehMain.frmApplicantLogin
Got the account email with no secondary link either, found this by looking around their site but when I tried with AMCAS/OSU passwork, it didn't work 🙁
For those of you that got the secondary email separate, how long did it take?
Got the account email with no secondary link either, found this by looking around their site but when I tried with AMCAS/OSU passwork, it didn't work 🙁
For those of you that got the secondary email separate, how long did it take?
Same thing happened to me! Used TextEdit on my Mac and was careful not to do anything with the formatting... all the apostrophes are question marks.Nvmd, submission went through fine. Noticed another issue however. All the apostrophe's in my text were changed to question marks. Even used notepad instead of word as they suggested.
*sigh* there goes my application, worked hard on these essays too 🙁
Also it took a very very long time to transition from the "Submit" page to the "Pay Fee" page... I had to refresh a few times and change browsers.
Aside from the glitchy-ness of this app I'm so excited to start hearing from this school!!
Finally received an email to make an account today. IS applicant! woohoo!!! I love Ohio State!
Has anyone had problems submitting and paying for the secondary? Tried to submit yesterday with a debit and credit card, and it said it could not verify my payment. I submitted two more secondaries right after that, one with each card, so that's not the problem. Contacted their office, so hopefully I can get it sorted out soon!
Has anyone had problems submitting and paying for the secondary? Tried to submit yesterday with a debit and credit card, and it said it could not verify my payment. I submitted two more secondaries right after that, one with each card, so that's not the problem. Contacted their office, so hopefully I can get it sorted out soon!
I paid, and then it took me back to the secondary page as if I hadn't already submitted. I tried to submit again because I thought it hadn't gone through but the submit button didn't work anymore.
Marked complete today, but I noticed that under My Profile my new April 2015 MCAT scores are missing (it says my most recent ones are the exam I took a few years ago). Anyone else have that same problem?
Marked complete today, but I noticed that under My Profile my new April 2015 MCAT scores are missing (it says my most recent ones are the exam I took a few years ago). Anyone else have that same problem?
Mine has no scores under that section and I took the MCAT in october
Got an OOS secondary (but lived in Ohio for a couple of years) earlier this week. Really excited to apply! Good luck everyone.
Welcome to Ohio State!This schools got me really confused, what was the point of setting that account up without a secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First II was reported on SDN last year on 7/30.
ETA: that person submitted the secondary 7/20, got "secondary received" 7/22. Stats were >3.75 gpa and >37 MCAT, OOS.
ETA: that person submitted the secondary 7/20, got "secondary received" 7/22. Stats were >3.75 gpa and >37 MCAT, OOS.
Last edited:
I have the exact same problem. Sent an email to the admissions office, as my score many years ago was horrible, but I got a 34 on a Nov 2014 test. Hope they get this right.Marked complete today, but I noticed that under My Profile my new April 2015 MCAT scores are missing (it says my most recent ones are the exam I took a few years ago). Anyone else have that same problem?
Marked complete today...
For those of you being "marked complete", are you receiving emails or seeing this in the secondary somewhere? All I can find in this convoluted portal is a place on my secondary that says "Application Status: Submitted" right at the top. Thanks!
For those of you being "marked complete", are you receiving emails or seeing this in the secondary somewhere? All I can find in this convoluted portal is a place on my secondary that says "Application Status: Submitted" right at the top. Thanks!
It should change to AMCAS application received. You will get an email that says your status has changed when this happens that has your password for your login.
I was just bringing it up as a random little blurb they have on their website.Yay we get a $500 device with our $50000 tuition. Seems like a good deal to me
My bad haha. Too used to people being abrasive on here.Take it easy man I was just joking haha
6
666670
Nvmd, submission went through fine. Noticed another issue however. All the apostrophe's in my text were changed to question marks. Even used notepad instead of word as they suggested.
*sigh* there goes my application, worked hard on these essays too 🙁
Same here. Also does that for Wake Forest. No big deal, it's their formatting error.
.
Last edited:
Hi all,
So I'm a reapplicant this year and was about to start this secondary when I saw the "tips for reapplicants' section on the admissions page. It kinda sounded to me like they don't accept a whole lot of reapplicants. I'm out of state with no strong ties to the midwest or Ohio, have a very low gpa (did well in a SMP tho) and am applying because it was recommended by an adviser. Can anyone who knows the school better help me out? Are they really that tough on reapps?
Thanks in advance!
So I'm a reapplicant this year and was about to start this secondary when I saw the "tips for reapplicants' section on the admissions page. It kinda sounded to me like they don't accept a whole lot of reapplicants. I'm out of state with no strong ties to the midwest or Ohio, have a very low gpa (did well in a SMP tho) and am applying because it was recommended by an adviser. Can anyone who knows the school better help me out? Are they really that tough on reapps?
Thanks in advance!
My secondary status is received, but I also have wrong MCAT scores listed... Hopefully the admissions office can resolve this!
I sent them email about this last week, but no change, no correspondence from them about fixing it.My secondary status is received, but I also have wrong MCAT scores listed... Hopefully the admissions office can resolve this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got 2 emails to make the account...is there a third email for doing the secondary?
I got 2 emails to make the account...is there a third email for doing the secondary?
Yeah I didn't get the third email till like two days later.
Secondary received and I'm complete as of yesterday! Would love love love an interview, almost went here for undergrad and I love Columbus and the campus, but alas, out of state tuition wasn't exactly in my budget. MCAT is a little on the low side with a 30, but 3.94/3.93 GPAs will hopefully show that I'm more than just one test!
Last edited:
My secondary status is received, but I also have wrong MCAT scores listed... Hopefully the admissions office can resolve this!
Same here. Did you take the new MCAT btw? And only scores from your old MCAT are showing up?
I'm hoping there isn't a lag in release of MCAT 2015 scores to schools, or I hope the schools are at least aware of it, if that's the case.
Same thing happened to me! Used TextEdit on my Mac and was careful not to do anything with the formatting... all the apostrophes are question marks.
Also it took a very very long time to transition from the "Submit" page to the "Pay Fee" page... I had to refresh a few times and change browsers.
Aside from the glitchy-ness of this app I'm so excited to start hearing from this school!!
Same thing just happened to me as well, using TextEdit on my Macbook. 🙁 Hopefully they'll understand, seeing as so many people have had this issue, even after trying to convert to plain text format.