-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn't get the email 🙁
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perfect hahahaMy morning:
![]()
The only status changes I've received in this cycle have been rejections, so the 'ignore that!' email was a relief, hah.
Sooo didn't get the fake panic e-mail... not sure what to think of that.
Same here.Sooo didn't get the fake panic e-mail... not sure what to think of that.
I remember where I was during the Great Ohio State Application scare of 2015...
I remember where I was during the Great Ohio State Application scare of 2015...
![]()
LOL hilarious
Submitted August 1...Still haven't heard anything... Good or bad?
+1Same here.
this happened to my friend 2 years ago and he still got an interview... a system glitch isn't always symbolic 🙂Same here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks!I was just assigned a date in the middle of this month. No options to choose.
Just to double check, nobody here got a complete email correct? All my portal has said since early July under app status is Amcas Application Received and Secondary Application Received. Just want to confirm (albeit a little late) that that's all it should say, and it never changes to "complete".
D
deleted689863
Just to double check, nobody here got a complete email correct? All my portal has said since early July under app status is Amcas Application Received and Secondary Application Received. Just want to confirm (albeit a little late) that that's all it should say, and it never changes to "complete".
Nope. No complete email.
I have a thing that says for me to complete the secondary but I have never received a username in which to use to log in to complete the secondary. What do I do?
I have a thing that says for me to complete the secondary but I have never received a username in which to use to log in to complete the secondary. What do I do?
Call them?
That's probably my best option, as they say to complete the secondary but there's no way for me to log in x)Call them?
Thanks!
That's probably my best option, as they say to complete the secondary but there's no way for me to log in x)
Thanks!
When I got that email, I got a second email with log in instructions a couple of days later. I think I got the first on a friday and the second on the next tues or wed
Any re-applicants hear news yet?
Nope, starting to get the feeling based on other responses that the review timeline might be a bit different than for the first-timers.
I hope this is the case!
Nope, starting to get the feeling based on other responses that the review timeline might be a bit different than for the first-timers.
same hereComing up on 3 months since I submitted the secondary here, still marked as "received." Should I assume I'm under review? Or would there be a status change?
1 WEEK UNTIL OCTOBER 15TH!!!!!! So nervous.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who applied here last year know what time OSU posted decisions on the 15th?? Like, is it first thing in the morning or do we need to expect to be obsessively refreshing the page all day? Two days out and I'm starting to impatiently FREAK out!
Per the last year's thread, Dr. Caper's calls you if accepted. Not sure when portal is updated if you are deferred. I won't even use the "R" word.Does anyone who applied here last year know what time OSU posted decisions on the 15th?? Like, is it first thing in the morning or do we need to expect to be obsessively refreshing the page all day? Two days out and I'm starting to impatiently FREAK out!
Submitted on 8/01... still haven't heard anything. Should I assume I'm out of the running at this point?
No. I interviewed here last cycle. It was silent until the second week of March and I was then offered an interview.Submitted on 8/01... still haven't heard anything. Should I assume I'm out of the running at this point?
So according to MSAR they interview ~730 for a class of ~190. So they probably accept twice their class size? Is that a safe assumption?
So according to MSAR they interview ~730 for a class of ~190. So they probably accept twice their class size? Is that a safe assumption?
Does anyone who applied here last year know what time OSU posted decisions on the 15th?? Like, is it first thing in the morning or do we need to expect to be obsessively refreshing the page all day? Two days out and I'm starting to impatiently FREAK out!
When i interviewed 2 cycles ago, they put in the decision on the 14th but you cant see it until the portal refreshes at like 2am the next day or something. Basically, check as soon as you wake up.
So according to MSAR they interview ~730 for a class of ~190. So they probably accept twice their class size? Is that a safe assumption?
That seems accurate. Here are the statistics from the last 2 years.
http://medicine.osu.edu/pdfs/admissions/Entering Class Profile.pdf
http://medicine.osu.edu/admissions/md/brochures-fact-sheets/Documents/Entering Class Profile.pdf
Oh awesome! So it seems to be ~50% acceptance rate post-interview. A little less than that for class of 2015. Relatively good odds! I hope we all get good news tomorrow 🙂That seems accurate. Here are the statistics from the last 2 years.
http://medicine.osu.edu/pdfs/admissions/Entering Class Profile.pdf
http://medicine.osu.edu/admissions/md/brochures-fact-sheets/Documents/Entering Class Profile.pdf
Just a few more hours... anyone else FREAKING OUT??
I'm hoping so bad for a phone call from Dr. Capers tonight!! Loved this school ahhh
I am soooo anxious right now! This wait is killing me!! I just wanna know. THE Ohio state is my absolute top choice. I fell so in love with the school my interview day!!!
This is undoubtedly the happiest moment of my life!!! I'm going to be a doctor! Congrats to the other SDN-ers out there who get Dr Caper's phone call tonight - my fingers are crossed very tight for yall! Go Buckeyes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone's decision up on the portal yet?? Mine just says it will be available later.
Got the call a few minutes ago 🙂
ACCEPTED!!! Glory to God 😀 Love this school!! I can't believe it. I'm going to be a doctor! Good luck you guys!