2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone who has interviewed with Dr. Willmore mind shedding some light on their experience with him? Every year there is a lot of talk about how he is irrationally picky with both II's and acceptances after interviews he conducted himself. Multiple stories of textbook perfect applicants (4.0's 35+ MCAT, best EC's possible, etc etc) being rejected are out there and I'm curious how his interviews usually go, and if there is a feeling of uneasiness during them. Thanks in advance people (or should I say, potential Billikens 😉)

EDIT: this is not meant to scare anyone who has interviewed and is waiting on an acceptance...sorry if it came off that way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get this figured out? I'm having trouble logging in as well.
When I tried logging in during the weekend after receiving my username info it didn't work. I followed all the instructions for first time users but nothing worked. I tried logging in on Monday and it finally worked. Try logging in on Monday. Hopefully it will magically work for you as well.
 
Would anyone who has interviewed with Dr. Willmore mind shedding some light on their experience with him? Every year there is a lot of talk about how he is irrationally picky with both II's and acceptances after interviews he conducted himself. Multiple stories of textbook perfect applicants (4.0's 35+ MCAT, best EC's possible, etc etc) being rejected are out there and I'm curious how his interviews usually go, and if there is a feeling of uneasiness during them. Thanks in advance people (or should I say, potential Billikens 😉)
I interviewed with Dr. Willmore as did my friend. I have a 4.0, he has a 3.9 and we both had 516+ MCAT. We were both waitlisted after what we thought were good interviews. I am okay and have moved on, but he is still holding out hope that he can turn his waitlist into an acceptance. I thought that the interview was pleasant. He dug deep into some of my research, but it is psych research so I thought it was just professional curiosity.
 
When I tried logging in during the weekend after receiving my username info it didn't work. I followed all the instructions for first time users but nothing worked. I tried logging in on Monday and it finally worked. Try logging in on Monday. Hopefully it will magically work for you as well.

Ditto.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also received an II today, OOS, complete mid-August with LizzyM ~72. Does anyone know if there will be dates after December opening? Right now the last date is December 21st.
 
Received a II yesterday! Does anyone know how slu students have performed on step 1 over the past few years?
 
I'll be interviewing here next month, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels/transportation? I'm gonna be flying in and would prefer not to rent a car.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad