You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas Tech University - El Paso Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
After 5 years of SDN, MATCHED!!! Does anybody know what do we do next?
What's up everyone! Matched to El Paso as well! Would love to join the Facebook group if anyone knows what it's called. So pumped for us all!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, Congrats on matching to TTUHSC EP PLFSOM (get used to typing that long Acronym). I'm a current MS1 and want to welcome y'all to the school. When we get the list of acceptances, someone from our class will invite you to the FB page. You should also receive an email within the next few days and an orientation packet with a lot of material to fill out/read through will make it to your residence in the coming weeks.
Congrats to everyone who matched today!! Can't wait to meet y'all!! Do any current students have a rough idea of when the meet and greet is?
Has anyone heard anything about when the wait list will be released? Or know how it's worked in previous years.
Congrats to everyone who matched today!! Can't wait to meet y'all!! Do any current students have a rough idea of when the meet and greet is?
It's usually about a month before MS1 Orientation begins - Last year orientation started around July 1, and the meet and greet was held in early June. Some classmates ended up setting up their own meet and greets with those people living in the same city at the time via FB.
Has anyone heard anything about when the wait list will be released? Or know how it's worked in previous years.
Not too sure about waitlist, I would assume they do it on a rolling basis.
Did not match, but did get an email just now saying I'm on the alternative list.
Check your application portals. I did not receive an email, however there is a message on my portal saying I have been placed on the alternate list. It also makes it seem as though the list is ranked. Anyone have any thoughts on where to go from here as far as letters of intent go?
Matched here Feb 1st literally just as I was about to enter interview room for another school!!! So excited!
And if you really want to go here and are placed on the alternate list, I'd suggest you write the letter of intent and send it to Dr. Schydlower. I emailed him periodically during the application process and always receive very prompt responses from him.
And if you really want to go here and are placed on the alternate list, I'd suggest you write the letter of intent and send it to Dr. Schydlower. I emailed him periodically during the application process and always receive very prompt responses from him.
Congratulations!!Matched here Feb 1st literally just as I was about to enter interview room for another school!!! So excited!
And if you really want to go here and are placed on the alternate list, I'd suggest you write the letter of intent and send it to Dr. Schydlower. I emailed him periodically during the application process and always receive very prompt responses from him.
I was about to ask about the packet hahaha I haven't received it eitherHey all, glad to have matched to this great school, excited to meet my future classmates!
I received my acceptance letter in the mail today but did not come with a packet, has anyone who matched received the full acceptance packet yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, glad to have matched to this great school, excited to meet my future classmates!
I received my acceptance letter in the mail today but did not come with a packet, has anyone who matched received the full acceptance packet yet?
I have the same question. I did not receive a packet. I just received te two forms we need to sign and the "Standards for curricular completion". I am assuming that we will receive the packet sometime this week or next week.
Are there any matched students who have still not received the packet? Not sure if I should contact the admissions office or if it's just paranoia. I'm OOS, so I'm wondering if I got left off the list somehow.
Are there any matched students who have still not received the packet? Not sure if I should contact the admissions office or if it's just paranoia. I'm OOS, so I'm wondering if I got left off the list somehow.
Haven't received anything either and I am In-state, 9 hrs from EL paso though so there is that, but an MS1 commented last week saying to expect a packet in the "coming weeks" so maybe they will take a while.
I emailed them today asking for some info about the immunization requirements. They said that they cant answer any questions about it because they are still working on the orientation packet. I am guessing we should be receiving the packets sometime next weekAre there any matched students who have still not received the packet? Not sure if I should contact the admissions office or if it's just paranoia. I'm OOS, so I'm wondering if I got left off the list somehow.
Literally just checked my mailbox and still haven't received it. I think I might send an email if I don't get it by tomorrow.Anyone heard anything about the orientation packet?
Negative. Congrats on the scholarship!!Got a letter in the mail for an academic scholarship from the school! Anyone else get anything? 🙂

I was going to ask hahaha maybe tomorrow 

No scholarship for me. Got a letter today from them and totally thought it was a scholarship after reading this post but it was a "thank you for coming to the interview" letter lol.. A little late for thatGot a letter in the mail for an academic scholarship from the school! Anyone else get anything? 🙂

Thanks for coming to the interview letters?? Their mailings sure do seem random lately. Still nothing in my mailbox...


No scholarship for me. Got a letter today from them and totally thought it was a scholarship after reading this post but it was a "thank you for coming to the interview" letter lol.. A little late for that![]()
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?
I interviewed on January 14th!If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah lol I just thought it was very random.. Hopefully they send the orientation packets soonHmm maybe the thank you for coming letters were recent? Lol I interviewed in early August
I'm getting antsy about the packet too. Anyone receive an invite to the Facebook page yet? I kind of feel forgotten about hahaha
Anyone receive an invite to the Facebook page yet? I kind of feel forgotten about hahaha
I'm a new member to SDN, and matched to this school. I am also eagerly waiting for the FB group invite from the MS1s because I am excited to meet everyone!
Heck, let's just pm each other our fb pages. Who says we need to wait?@AW22 Same- I hope they send them out soon! I would love to begin meeting everyone.
Fellow classmate here. Would love to be in on these pms for facebook.
Some of us got one from the office of diversity today, but it's basically a four paragraph "hello."Has anyone gotten an emails recently? I havent gotten any since match day
Has anyone gotten an emails recently? I havent gotten any since match day
Got the office of diversity email today as well. Also emails from the women in medicine society chapter and a URM scholarship application for the Texas med association the other day. But nothing else.
I havent gotten anything lol did you do the URM scholarship app?
Yeah I did- apparently they give one out to one student at each TX med school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I'm a current first year student at PLFSOM. Once the official match list is released to the student government who made the Facebook page, you guys will be let in. Sorry for the wait!
Class of 2020 orientation packet has been uploaded
http://elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/som/studentaffairs/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
http://elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/som/studentaffairs/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app