2015-2016 Texas Tech University - El Paso Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anybody that interviewed here - was the interview day itself organized?
Very organized. Most structured interview day I've experienced. The morning is presentations and a tour, with interviews in the afternoon. Good luck!

(And the admissions staff cooks up one heck of a lunch.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They interview until January. I'm sure more invites will go out! Everybody keep those chins up! It's a long ways from over! I'm sure that every application is getting a second look right now, so just keep the faith!
Really hoping this is the case. I'm desperate for IIs right about now, haven't received any so far. Going to be sending a few letters to some schools.
 
I didn't know either until my unit was flying thru El Paso to California for a training exercise. For all the IS, I just received a II, dates available December 3rd or Dec 10, GPA ~3.6 and non-trad


You received it at this time of night? Also whats your MCAT if you dont mind? But man theres only a few more interview slots left...thats scary.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, been busy. I received it Tuesday. My MCAT is only 504 but the area that was extremely low this test was 80-90 percentile my first MCAT so they might look at both and combine them.
Sweet your scores seem really close to mine, maybe I can get an interview here as well. Stressing as I only have one interview right now.
 
You received it at this time of night? Also whats your MCAT if you dont mind? But man theres only a few more interview slots left...thats scary.
It's possible more dates will open up for January. Hypothetically, if someone got an II in July, but scheduled their date for December, it would remove that spot for later interviewees who can't possibly interview in August, September, October, or November. The school would then have to try to go back and fill up slots for the earlier dates.
 
It's possible more dates will open up for January. Hypothetically, if someone got an II in July, but scheduled their date for December, it would remove that spot for later interviewees who can't possibly interview in August, September, October, or November. The school would then have to try to go back and fill up slots for the earlier dates.


Hm, i see makes sense but i think more hope will come from people who may get pre-matched on nov 15 and devide to release their interview spots since they will attend a different school. But all these factors still make it uneasy as the door is so close to being shut at this point.
 
Still haven't heard back about a prematch here. Anyone else had any luck here?
I'm an OOSer, so I received my offer about a month ago, but I got my offer a day late because Oct. 15 was an interview day. I'm sure something very similar is happening today.
 
Haha thanks for the encouragement. interviews on Sunday tho?
Haha I should've been clearer. I meant to say the reason they might not send prematches on Sunday is because nobody is in the office. I'm 99.9% sure somebody will get good news tomorrow if not today.
 
Haha I should've been clearer. I meant to say the reason they might not send prematches on Sunday is because nobody is in the office. I'm 99.9% sure somebody will get good news tomorrow if not today.

Ah gottcha. Thanks so much. Do you plan to attend Foster next year?
 
Looks like last year they sent them out around 3:30pm on Monday so I'm hoping that's the case here
My offer last month was received at 3:28 central time. Maybe 3:30ish is when their emails go out every year. If that's the case, a little more than half an hour for some of you! I'm excited to hear some good news for all you TX residents! Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they just haven't sent them yet. Someone on SDN would have gotten pre-matched and posted on here if they sent out prematch offers already.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad