2015-2016 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they have already been sent out this past Friday. There was an email sent out a while ago giving a time line.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
The email they sent states they will be mailed by Feb. 26.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The email they sent states they will be mailed by Feb. 26.
They said by then, so I would assume they are going to try and get them out ASAP. Who knows.

I just looked into it and last year UAMS said letters will be mailed by Friday, Feb 20th and a guy I know from District II got his that day, so I'm assuming they will send it out the day before on Thursday so that letters will be received by Friday, Saturday, and for some the following Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys finally made an account-
I can confirm letters were sent out this morning and we should have them Friday 26th (tomorrow). Keep your mailman close and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
After chasing my mail lady like a rabid dog I guess I should partially retract my last post. Didn't get mine today, some did though so hopeful for tomorrow (I'm district 2)

Last edited:
Letters are being delivered in LR today

didn't get mine either. district three.

I know of several in LR and conway with acceptance letters received today....have 5 friends here in LR that lives on the same street, 3 got letters and 2 did not. Here in LR myself with no letter! But, I did see Ms. Linda Dupuy on campus at work today and she said all letters (accepted, wait list, and denied) went out at the same exact time.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

How long do you think it will take to get to Wisconsin? Haha

What does LR mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually takes 1-2 days for them to deliver. But I did get mine today (central AR), good luck for everybody else still waiting on an acceptance!

Want to reassure those of you without letters:
Denial and acceptance letters went out (both confirmed in same area), I have yet to receive either

Can't wait to meet all of you guys!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my letter and didn't get in. OOS so not all that suprised.

Got my OOS acceptance letter! So excited!

In-state, alternate.

Can't say I'm not bummed, but I'm hopeful some spots will open up.

Can't wait to meet my future classmates!

Any body care to post some stats. Still haven't received a letter.

Accepted. In-state, district 2, 3.4 GPA, 506 MCAT, lots of extracurriculars, volunteering, and experience. Got my letter yesterday.

Accepted, In-state, Pulaski District (Not sure what that is). 3.85 GPA, 507 MCAT, lots of shadowing and research experience.

Out of state (MS) acceptance. 510 MCAT 3.6 gpa, years of research, 150 shadowing hours and lots of community involvement and leadership. Strong Arkansas ties too.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Out-of-state student with very close Arkansas ties. California resident currently living in Texas. Congratulations to everyone else accepted :)

Finally received my letter today! Accepted OOS. From Wisconsin with very close ties to Arkansas. 510 MCAT and 3.6 GPA.

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page yet for accepted students? Excited to meet people!

No FB page yet but we need one. Congrats guys!!

No FB page yet but we need one. Congrats guys!!

The president of the current M1 class will set up y'alls fb page once they get a list from the admissions office. It'll be in a few months if its anything like last year.

Congrats to everyone accepted and enjoy your free time before the fall!

In-state, accepted! :soexcited: Can't wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who may have not have gotten the letter they were hoping for....do NOT give up! I know waiting a year seems terrible, but it's worth it. I was wait-listed last year and hoped all summer to get a call. It was awful. But I look back on my year and am glad I got to spend some time away from school. Admissions looks HIGHLY at re-applicants because it shows determination. You have the rest of your life to be a doctor, one extra year to get there will mean nothing in the long run.

For the females out there who are submitting their coat size preference... I'm really not sure what size to get. It says they carry sizes 6-20. Are these like pant sizes? Would you recommend going bigger than what you usually wear? Any advice would help!

I'm a female and I sized mine based on my pants size. Hopefully it'll fit. I do wish they would have given us more info on coat sizing.

I think they are based on dress sizes, not pant sizes. According to an M2, we are allowed to exchange the size if the coat doesn't fit before they put our names on them!

Last edited:
M2 here. Reading this is way better than studying for our GI final.

Congrats everyone.

When it comes to coat sizes, they are dress sizes. I'm 5'5" 112 and got an 8 because I knew a 6 would fit but you have to remember you will always be wearing clothes under your white coat so I suggest sizing up. But, I know a lot of us who bought a different white coat after M1 year that fits better

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, and condolences to those who didn't get the results they hoped for. Keep your head up! There are a lot of great doctors who didn't get good news the first time around.

I'm excited to meet all of you! :)

Does anyone know what percentage of OOS are accepted on average?

Does UAMS do a "second look" day? Didn't get anything on it in my packet, so thought I would ask if anyone else knows.

Good evening, if you are interested in a "Second Look" day you can always just email the admissions office. They are very friendly and would be able to set something up

Anyone know if we have to pay a deposit? It really surprises me that I haven't gotten info on one yet.

I also haven't gotten my background check back yet so maybe that's why.

Anyone know if we have to pay a deposit? It really surprises me that I haven't gotten info on one yet.

I also haven't gotten my background check back yet so maybe that's why.

I was wondering the same thing...

That's a good question about the seat deposit... I haven't heard anything either.

This may be early, depending on when everyone got their background checks back, but has anyone been sent the "your offer is official" email yet?

That's a good question about the seat deposit... I haven't heard anything either.

This may be early, depending on when everyone got their background checks back, but has anyone been sent the "your offer is official" email yet?
Nope. And I got my clear background check Wednesday.

Have all accepted students received their background check information? I haven't........

Have all accepted students received their background check information? I haven't........

I got mine last Monday, and filled it out that day. Still haven't gotten confirmation from UAMS, though.

I'm sorry that happened. I'd check in your spam folder, and make sure your email is correct on your AMCAS! I had been checking my school email, since I forgot I didn't use it on my AMCAS. If all else fails, you could call UAMS. I'm sure they could tell you how to get the email resent! :)

Alternate, accepted 3/17. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Any other accepted students having issues accessing the Facebook page they emailed to us?