2015-2016 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked mine too. I think the website is down man. The page doenst even load for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is working fine. The problem must have been fixed.

II today! IS, LizzyM ~70, complete 7/22. Could not be more excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this is the information some of you were wondering about, but I interviewed recently, and they said that they review files (holistically) by completion date. There are no "guaranteed interviews" for certain GPA/MCAT scores anymore

Reactions: 1 user
How do you submit the OOS form? Do you click on the email link when finished?

II today. Completed 9/28.

Also got a decline for interview from what SHOULD have been my safetiest of safety schools.

Med school app game is weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep and first round of acceptances from Mizzou should be rolling out this week. Yikes!!!

II today. Completed 9/28.

Also got a decline for interview from what SHOULD have been my safetiest of safety schools.

Med school app game is weird...
Dang. I've been sitting here not so worried because a mix up made me not complete until late August. If you were complete 9/28 then I've probably been passed over.

Dang. I've been sitting here not so worried because a mix up made me not complete until late August. If you were complete 9/28 then I've probably been passed over.
Don't worry I received an II earlier this week and I was complete mid August

Has anyone used/heard anything about the hosting program? I'm interested in staying with one of the med students for interviews (for cost and interest reasons).

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything today?

I read the paper again, that they gave us, and it actually can be interpreted that they may give us news at the beginning of every month. So it could be until next week, or it could be today as well.

do we know how many acceptances they give out each month? based on previous threads it looks like most people don't get in until March or so but was just wondering...

Yea, thats probably true. Getting into Mizzou this early is not easy. Most people get put on the waitlist and so forth. They only offer acceptances to a handful from what I understand.

Yes, they said only a small amount in October (I've heard around 5), but in the future months they have usually accepted a few more people (10ish +). The admissions said they would be handing them out today. Not sure if all emails go out at once, or if acceptances get sent out first, followed by "no status change." Guess we will have to wait and see...

Status Unchanged. We should start a club.

Anyone know what percentage of applicants that don't get accepted in their interview month, actually go on to get accepted in February (or March)? At a cursory glance looks like most end up on the alternate list... not trying to be negative Nancy!

I'm not really sure exactly, but 3-5 acceptances a month for 5 months is 15-25 spots, if the class size is 95ish (or whatever it is after taking out the bryant scholars and early decision folks) then I would guess they probably offer around 200 acceptances total. The numbers are just a guess, but regardless, your odds are still pretty good if you dont get accepted right away

Mizzou bumps up its acceptances to around 10 or so a month in the future, and I know they only send out 104 acceptances a year. They usually have a good amount of movement on their alternative list. As long as your in the top third your chances are pretty good, it what I've been told from their adcom. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from admissions or past applicants, but I am sure a lot of that information would be anecdotal regardless.

Status Unchanged. We should start a club.

Eh, Im just assuming that I wont be getting into a MD school this cycle, let alone this one (was my first choice by far)

Oh well, will have to go through hell to specialize graduating from a DO school.

Its always been an uphill battle for me.

Status unchanged for me too...

Eh, Im just assuming that I wont be getting into a MD school this cycle, let alone this one (was my first choice by far)

Oh well, will have to go through hell to specialize graduating from a DO school.

Its always been an uphill battle for me.
Residencies will care much more about your Step 1 score than whether you went to an MD or DO school; focus on that.

Can someone send me the link to the portal. I clicked on the link that I received from my secondary and it is no longer working

II, IS, complete 9/15, LizzyM 64
Dumb question but you just received an interview invite today? Do you mind me asking what your GPA was specifically? sorry im such a troll! LizzyM of 67 and Im really hoping for an invite soon or I might lose it haha

Dumb question but you just received an interview invite today? Do you mind me asking what your GPA was specifically? sorry im such a troll! LizzyM of 67 and Im really hoping for an invite soon or I might lose it haha

No worries! I had a little over 3.6, but I graduated in engineering (I don't know if that plays into it...).

There is a lot brewing on campus right now, and it is pretty relevant as a new system president can have an effect on the med school. Another thing to note is that the dean of the med school was recently forced to resign by the chancellor (who, before the president, was also almost fired), and faculty have less than positive opinions on it. The Columbia Missourian has a well-written article about it here: http://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...cle_3f126374-8196-11e5-834e-c71fb325c919.html

Ya, I remember hearing about Delafontaine from my boss, but actually didn't pay it much mind at the time. I swear it seems like we lose deans/presidents here all the time (today being no exception).

If I remember correctly, I think they said that they were going to send out decisions on 11/30

frustrating they are waiting that long since decisions will be made at today's adcom meeting but thanks for the info!

Imagine being put on "No Status Change" from last month, and then waiting for updates at the end of every month hoping to get in here or at least make it to the waitlist in March.

My file here was complete on 9/9. Still nothing. Does anyone think I still have a chance at an interview?

My file here was complete on 9/9. Still nothing. Does anyone think I still have a chance at an interview?
I sure hope so because I was complete before you and still nothing over here.

I wonder what is taking so long. It seems like in previous years more people had received invites by now.