2015-2016 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the under review email around July 1 and have not received an II. I know that it's still early on in interview season, but I am getting a feeling that I'm not getting an invite. Any thoughts on this?
I was verified 6/8, and I'm in the same boat. We just have to hang strong and keep faith that we'll hear something.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to quote @SweetCaroline7 here from what she said on the Tech Lubbock Thread:

"I know this is really hard to do, but I truly believe the schools have a method to their madness. I was complete several weeks before you, my LizzyM is several points higher, and I only just heard from Lubbock this past week. I think they are trying to create a diverse group for each interview day, and I don't mean just in terms of demographics. They probably want a mix of non-trads and trads, different majors, undergraduate schools, etc. I say this as someone who was very worried prior to getting my invite, but this last II in particular has made me realize that there's a process in place, and that process does not necessarily prioritize stats or complete date. Keep on holding on to hope, and I'm sending you good luck! :luck:"

Bottom line is: It's almost September. Calm down. You have about 5 more months of possible interview dates so breathe. I know it's hard, but this entire process is a waiting game and you need to understand and accept this.
I know what you said is very reassuring but what is bothering me the most is that at most schools, 50% of the interviewing season is pretty much over.

If you look at UTMB for example, the last person reported getting II for 10/2- that means as we end August, all of September IIs are filled, leaving October/Nov and 2 Dec dates open. So 50% of the interview slots remaining. I know 50% is a huge number but still I would rather interview early than late.

At the end of the day, yes I would say there's a whole lot of reason to hold hope. And I am certainly hopeful that in September I would hear back from schools :)

I absolutely loved this school when I interviewed yesterday. Great staff, nice facilities, happy students. I hope I hear good news!

Edit: going by what they explained it to us yesterday, I don't believe this school selects on the basis of stats. They will cut down the applicant pool to those they deem to be able to handle medical school then they interview based on your ECs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I absolutely loved this school when I interviewed yesterday. Great staff, nice facilities, happy students. I hope I hear good news!

Edit: going by what they explained it to us yesterday, I don't believe this school selects on the basis of stats. They will cut down the applicant pool to those they deem to be able to handle medical school then they interview based on your ECs.
Ditto! Couldn't agree more.

On the application portal it mentions a few hotels that offer discounted rates for interviewees. Does anybody know which place is the cheapest? I waited until now to buy my plane ticket for my interview in two weeks and the price I had to pay makes me want to throw up.

Would someone who already interviewed mind sending me a picture (or just the information) of that card with the information for thank you notes? You can just PM me.

I think I left my folder in the office of my first interviewer (whoops...)

Thanks!

Would someone who already interviewed mind sending me a picture (or just the information) of that card with the information for thank you notes? You can just PM me.

I think I left my folder in the office of my first interviewer (whoops...)

Thanks!
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1441219863.035917.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
II today!! YAY! My first one!
I'm OOS, sGPA 3.3, cGPA 3.6 and MCAT 32.
SUPER STOKED

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@texan2414 I transmitted 7/21. Kinda wishing I would've submitted earlier. Made the mistake of waiting for my MCAT score before submitting.

@mheard92 Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

On the application portal it mentions a few hotels that offer discounted rates for interviewees. Does anybody know which place is the cheapest? I waited until now to buy my plane ticket for my interview in two weeks and the price I had to pay makes me want to throw up.
I highly recommend staying with a student.

II today! This is my top choice! OOS, LizzyM ~70, application marked complete 7/24

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone with an II had trouble with the password to login and choose a date? It keeps saying my password is wrong, I'm assuming I should just call the admissions office..?

Has anyone with an II had trouble with the password to login and choose a date? It keeps saying my password is wrong, I'm assuming I should just call the admissions office..?
I didn't have a problem. I would call admissions.

After researching the interview here more, it appears to be two 30 minute closed file interviews except for the TMDSAS essays. Anything else important I need to know about the overall structure of the interview day? :)

It's really relaxed! You will be interviewed by either a MS or a member of the admissions committee. I was interviewed by two adcom members and they were both really friendly. I felt my interviews were more conversational and less structured than the ones I had at other schools.

II today! my first of the season, so excited to go to San Antonio on 11/2 (first available date)

II today! my first of the season, so excited to go to San Antonio on 11/2 (first available date)
Me as well! Got mine a few hours ago and am planned for Nov 2. App was under review at this school on 8/8.

So happy for you! Getting a II anywhere is a significant accomplishment in itself. Congratulations and good luck!

A bit disconcerting that its only Sept and there are IIs being given out for Nov (meaning all of Oct is full). I've been Under Review at UTSA since 7/22 but have yet to receive any news from them. 31 MCAT, 3.9 GPA and I still have no IIs from anywhere :(

A bit disconcerting that its only Sept and there are IIs being given out for Nov (meaning all of Oct is full). I've been Under Review at UTSA since 7/22 but have yet to receive any news from them. 31 MCAT, 3.9 GPA and I still have no IIs from anywhere :(

Don't worry! The cycle is far from over. There are tons of people per interview at UTHSCSA meaning still a lot of seats left. I'll be cheering for you because we have identical stats :D

I transmitted in late June, but I don't think I was under review until 9/4 because that is when my LORs were sent

Don't worry! The cycle is far from over. There are tons of people per interview at UTHSCSA meaning still a lot of seats left. I'll be cheering for you because we have identical stats :D
The individual you are referring to has a 32 mcat but keeps misleading fellow sdn members. Nontheless I wish the best for you and for the referred individual.

Mr. Trump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 143
The individual you are referring to has a 32 mcat but keeps misleading fellow sdn members. Nontheless I wish the best for you and for the referred individual.

Mr. Trump
32 is my superscore composite.
31 is my highest score in a single sitting.
You're nothing but a troll. This is probably the third account you've created to spam and troll SDN forums even after getting banned several times. Continuing to do so may even get you an IP ban from this website.

32 is my superscore composite.
31 is my highest score in a single sitting.
You're nothing but a troll. This is probably the third account you've created to spam and troll SDN forums even after getting banned several times. Continuing to do so may even get you an IP ban from this website.
Just a clarification, I have been contacted by a moderator after you have reported me. However, I have been using the same account and I am not a troll. Please do not try to spew erroneous allegations. All the best to you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have not been banned at all. I'm still posting and I look forward for a successful cycle for all my fellow sdn members.

Mr. Trump

Last edited:
Just a clarification, I have been contacted by a moderator after you have reported me. However, I have been using the same account and I am not a troll. Please do not try to spew erroneous allegations. All the best to you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have not been banned at all. I'm still posting and I look forward for a successful cycle for all my fellow sdn members.

Mr. Trump
Dear Americans,

I am @ItsDonaldTrumpBozos. I had to make a new account because my previous account has been banned. I know that this is an unfortunate event but we all need to understand that we are living during challenging times. I will try to discuss this issue with the moderators but I am doubtful that they will stand up for the fundamental rights that this country was founded on. I truly wish the best for all of you, including @texan2414, and I hope I get your vote.

Thank you all.

Best regards,
Mr. Trump

Does anyone know if they start accepting out of staters immediately around Oct 15th, or if we have to wait until way later in the cycle?

I'll be spending the weekend out in San Antonio seeing the city before my interview on Monday. Any locals recommend anything to see/do while I'm in town? Besides the Alamo of course, I've been there before ;)

Not sure, I'd also be very interested to know about this.

As a tourist I enjoyed walking around the River Walk - it was very cool (but touristy).

I also would like to know, I interviewed in mid-August!

As a tourist I enjoyed walking around the River Walk - it was very cool (but touristy).

I also would like to know, I interviewed in mid-August!

I also did the river walk :) Be prepared to get by without Uber, which is banned. Also, there are some sketchy areas around the River Walk where if you are a young girl alone you want to be careful. My impression was that the city is safe, it was just late at night (after my interview) and I wasn't familiar with the area.

San Antonio was cool (after my flight I explored the outdoor mall too), but more useful for me was speaking to students. I highly recommend going to the student social and lingering after the interview, if you do not have to catch a flight. Even hanging out in the library waiting for my interview (the times were staggered) was useful, as an honest glimpse at student life.

Finally - if you are OOS and planning on sending a thank you note, I recommend bringing stationary and sending it from the hotel. My fault for forgetting to ask for my interviewer email addresses, but they provide an address to send letters in your folder. After traveling and jumping back into work, I wanted to speed mine up and ended up spending almost $50!

I have a question for those of you who have already interviewed. Did the school send you an email with a schedule for the interview day? I interview next week and haven't received any information on when to arrive, etc.

You should have received a link to logon and find your schedule, directions, parking instructions etc.

It starts in the morning at 8.30 and ends about 3.30.

I have a question for those of you who have already interviewed. Did the school send you an email with a schedule for the interview day? I interview next week and haven't received any information on when to arrive, etc.
That information is in the portal where you sign up for a date I believe.

This thread has been rather quiet. No IIs have been reported for almost a month. What is UTHSCSA doing?

Does anyone know if they accept a letter of interest? I know they say to send any updates through tmdsas but I have a really compelling reason to be in San Antonio and I'm OOS.