2015-2016 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they accept a letter of interest? I know they say to send any updates through tmdsas but I have a really compelling reason to be in San Antonio and I'm OOS.
Yes they do, as long as you send it through TMDSAS since UTHSCSA recieves all application documents electronically.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they do, as long as you send it through TMDSAS since UTHSCSA recieves all application documents electronically.
Great thanks! It's not really an update per se, but just a letter stating my interest since they don't have a secondary. But I guess I'll figure out how to send it through tmdsas.

Great thanks! It's not really an update per se, but just a letter stating my interest since they don't have a secondary. But I guess I'll figure out how to send it through tmdsas.
Yes I know what you mean. I was also going to send an LOI so I emailed the dean of admissions and asked if it was appropriate. He said yes, as long as it is sent through TMDSAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly do you mean by sending it through TMDSAS? I don't think there's a relevant section to update in the application for LOI, is there?
There is an email address that TMDSAS provides to send in updates or any other relative information concerning your application.

Yes I know what you mean. I was also going to send an LOI so I emailed the dean and asked if it was appropriate. He said yes, as long as it is sent through TMDSAS.
How did you go about that? I was trying to figure that out today.

There is an email address that TMDSAS provides to send in updates or any other relative information concerning your application.
Well my last comment has been answered. Can you send it to just any school or does it go to all of them?

Well my last comment has been answered. Can you send it to just any school or does it go to all of them?
I'm pretty sure you have to tell them which school to send the update/letter to. I ended up never having to send any letters of interest, so I'm not 100% sure on all of the details. I would call TMDSAS just to verify.

Last edited:
Also, another thing to keep in mind. The Associate Dean of Admissions that I talked to Dr. Jones, is no longer at UTHSCSA. Although UTHSCSA's policy on LOI's shouldn't change, they might depending on the new dean. But once again, you can always just email them or call to be sure.

Hopefully 10/15 brings some OOS news!

Reactions: 1 users
That's what I'm hoping for! Do you know if they plan to release any acceptance info for OOS applicants that day?

I just know they did last year.

It also seems that OOS applicants not accepted in the first wave (who interviewed before October) were silently wait-listed. I don't know if that is true or if it applies to this year.

What exactly do you mean by sending it through TMDSAS? I don't think there's a relevant section to update in the application for LOI, is there?

Yes I know what you mean. I was also going to send an LOI so I emailed the dean of admissions and asked if it was appropriate. He said yes, as long as it is sent through TMDSAS.

Hey guys, just thought I'd clarify here for more details. After submitting your original application through TMDSAS you actually cannot send in an update to TMDSAS regarding recent activities, interest, or intent. There is no way for TMDSAS to selectively distribute this information. You can send these updates to the schools themselves, but the school may or may not opt to take that information into consideration. From what I know, UT Houston, for example, hates updates and completely disregards them.

You also could send TMDSAS an updated transcript. They are able to officially send that information to the school, and the schools will officially receive those updates. This works pretty well with summer courses, but because for most schools in TX the interview season ends in December, it doesn't really make an impact for fall courses.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, just thought I'd clarify here for more details. After submitting your original application through TMDSAS you actually cannot send in an update to TMDSAS regarding recent activities, interest, or intent. There is no way for TMDSAS to selectively distribute this information. You can send these updates to the schools themselves, but the school may or may not opt to take that information into consideration. From what I know, UT Houston, for example, hates updates and completely disregards them.

You also could send TMDSAS an updated transcript. They are able to officially send that information to the school, and the schools will officially receive those updates. This works pretty well with summer courses, but because for most schools in TX the interview season ends in December, it doesn't really make an impact for fall courses.

Thank you for the clarification! I was starting to get confused myself. Well in that case, I guess UTHSCSA does not accept pre-interview updates then since the dean of admissions told me that everything must come from TMDSAS electronically.

II just now (10:30PM)! Was really not expecting it....
Won't make it for prematch but that's OK :)
Complete end of July

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now as well, complete late June/early July

Also just got a II email, I was complete late june

Congrats to you all! What dates were offered for the interviews?

@bate16 , @almond2 , and @Yoshida

Sorry if you all have been asked this before, but if you don't mind me asking, are you IS / OOS and what are your LizzyMs?

I interviewed yesterday. It was very relaxed and comfortable. In fact, in retrospect, I'm worried I was a little too relaxed in my second interview lol. Good luck everyone. Also, for those of you who don't already know this, the school is in no way associated UTSA. I thought it was, but one of the students corrected me during lunch.

Hi all,

I received an II here on Sunday. I am in-state LizzyM ~67. Complete July 1st

OOS Interviewed Oct 5, is it too early to hear back?

I just got a weird email that said we hope you enjoyed your interview day and we hope you consider attending our school. It's just weird because I interviewed over a month ago and I got it today on the first day people can be accepted.

Got the same email, but wasn't moved because I don't expect to hear anything back till at least November 15. So I'll just continue to be excited for OOS getting accepted.

I just got a weird email that said we hope you enjoyed your interview day and we hope you consider attending our school. It's just weird because I interviewed over a month ago and I got it today on the first day people can be accepted.

I received an email like that after I interviewed, but it was within a week or so after my interview. Is there anywhere for us to check our statuses? I did not receive anything from them yet today.

Hey all, long time OOS lurker. Just made this account to say I have not yet received an email, but will post when I do (and my stats)

Glad to see I am not the only one arrogantly hoping to get accepted here today. Did they say whether it is email, snail mail, or phone call for the acceptances?

Glad to see I am not the only one arrogantly hoping to get accepted here today. Did they say whether it is email, snail mail, or phone call for the acceptances?

Last year I think they sent it out by email.

yeah i was under the impression it would be today because that's how it was for the past two years (based on the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 threads). but I guess not.

Received II here 10/12 - transmitted in August, though my application wasn't complete until about 9/11 (was awaiting first MCAT scores)

LizzyM - 69-70 (~3.8 GPA, 31-32 MCAT).

Dates available were all after November, maybe 3-4 left.

Accepted OOS via email!

Reactions: 10 users
REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH :mad:

When did you interview?

EDIT: I know you're busy telling all of your friends and family but I'm dying over here! ;)

I interviewed in August and received notification via email. The portal was also updated with an "Offer" tab to accept the offer.

Congrats buddy!

No update in my portal. Hoping it's because they haven't gotten to October interviewees for this round of admissions!

Good thoughts for you!

I think I was one of the first batches, so I would expect a little delay for those who interviewed in the last couple weeks. :)

Congrats buddy!

No update in my portal. Hoping it's because they haven't gotten to October interviewees for this round of admissions!

No update here either, I interviewed in late-ish September.

ERMAGHERRRDDD! Can it just be nov 15th already? Patience may be a virtue but it sure is hard! :nailbiting:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm OOS, interviewed August 24th, still haven't heard anything.

OOS, interviewed August 10th, still nada.