You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by tarheel1408
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed last week! I'm a WFU undergrad and must say, LOVED it and am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in!
Also, with the hype about calling the office to get an interview, I would recommend against it! The people at the Admissions office are the nicest people-- and they really take a lot of time to get to know you. The Dean knew a lot about each applicant on interview day. This means that they take a lot of time to review applications, so my adviser told me that 1. Wake has had a record setting high number of applicants this year and 2. May be behind "normal schedule" due to the increase in applications. Be patient! It was so hard for me not to be jumping every time I got an email, but I finally got the interview email after my application had been complete for a month and a half. I have a lot of friends at WFU undergrad that haven't heard a thing either. But the wait was so worth it! Keep your hopes up and be patient! Good luck to you all 🙂
Also, with the hype about calling the office to get an interview, I would recommend against it! The people at the Admissions office are the nicest people-- and they really take a lot of time to get to know you. The Dean knew a lot about each applicant on interview day. This means that they take a lot of time to review applications, so my adviser told me that 1. Wake has had a record setting high number of applicants this year and 2. May be behind "normal schedule" due to the increase in applications. Be patient! It was so hard for me not to be jumping every time I got an email, but I finally got the interview email after my application had been complete for a month and a half. I have a lot of friends at WFU undergrad that haven't heard a thing either. But the wait was so worth it! Keep your hopes up and be patient! Good luck to you all 🙂
Interviewed last week! I'm a WFU undergrad and must say, LOVED it and am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in!
Also, with the hype about calling the office to get an interview, I would recommend against it! The people at the Admissions office are the nicest people-- and they really take a lot of time to get to know you. The Dean knew a lot about each applicant on interview day. This means that they take a lot of time to review applications, so my adviser told me that 1. Wake has had a record setting high number of applicants this year and 2. May be behind "normal schedule" due to the increase in applications. Be patient! It was so hard for me not to be jumping every time I got an email, but I finally got the interview email after my application had been complete for a month and a half. I have a lot of friends at WFU undergrad that haven't heard a thing either. But the wait was so worth it! Keep your hopes up and be patient! Good luck to you all 🙂
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
When were you complete?
I was complete in Early to Mid September. Then I sat in about three weeks of silence before I heard about an interview. I didn't interview until Oct 21. I still have many friends with complete applications who haven't heard even though they submitted in August.
Is anyone interviewing on November 24 and want to go exploring the night before/after the interview?
Any IS september completes with an II yet?
II! So excited. Can any past interviewees, alumni, or current students give any tips on traveling to campus? I'll be coming from the west coast.
Nice! When did you receive your II/when were you complete?
Congratulations. Portal or email?ii today - humbled beyond belief.
am i correct in assuming that the chances of getting post interview is like 40%?
ii today - humbled beyond belief!
am i correct in assuming that the chances of getting post interview is like 40%?
OOS?
yeah I'm still in silence mode from here as well!Just withdrew my application. Complete silence since mid July. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Going to be withdrawing my acceptance here so hopefully it goes to one of you on the wait list 🙂 Good luck everybody!
People are asking about instate vs out of state. Everyone on my interview day currently lived out of state, although two of us went to school within NC.
Also, I didn't realize this, but apparently who they chose to interview is a huge cut off point?? They said that last year they interviewed like 540 students, but this year (straight out of the mouth of an admissions rep), they were trying to interview about 400 or 425. "Do the math," she said. And if you do, it comes down to about 25% chance of acceptance after interview? Not counting waitlisting/getting off the wait list.
Also, for those who have been accepted, did you hear on the date that they said they'd announce it? Did they stick to that schedule well? I cant wait to hear!
Also, I didn't realize this, but apparently who they chose to interview is a huge cut off point?? They said that last year they interviewed like 540 students, but this year (straight out of the mouth of an admissions rep), they were trying to interview about 400 or 425. "Do the math," she said. And if you do, it comes down to about 25% chance of acceptance after interview? Not counting waitlisting/getting off the wait list.
Also, for those who have been accepted, did you hear on the date that they said they'd announce it? Did they stick to that schedule well? I cant wait to hear!
This is annoying. I wish if they weren't going to interview us they would just send a rejection already.
Last year they accepted 238 people with 120 matriculants. If you do this math then we should have >50% chance post interview.
Hooray! When were you complete? IS? or OOS?There's been a break in radio silence - II today! Super excited! BTW I did not call to ask about the status.
Well done, Samuel.There's been a break in radio silence - II today! Super excited! BTW I did not call to ask about the status.
There's been a break in radio silence - II today! Super excited! BTW I did not call to ask about the status.
Complete?
.
Last edited:
I sent it right to the admissions email. They got back to me right away this morning confirming that they got it.to those who have sent updates, did you just send them to the general admissions email or is there a specific person/people we should also include? thanks!
Well done, Samuel.
I see what you did there
Hooray! When were you complete? IS? or OOS?
OOS, complete mid-August
anyone else waiting for the Nov 19th admissions decision? the wait is seriously killing me slowly.....
I am! did you interview on Oct 21?anyone else waiting for the Nov 19th admissions decision? the wait is seriously killing me slowly.....
anyone else waiting for the Nov 19th admissions decision? the wait is seriously killing me slowly.....
me...tomorrow is the big day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nov 2nd!I am! did you interview on Oct 21?
Anyone know a time frame? Or will I justbe refreshing my email q5min ALL DAY!!!!Technically they met today and just send out emails tomorrow so our fate is already decided :-/me...tomorrow is the big day!
I can't believe it! I'm accepted!!
I can't believe it! I'm accepted!!
Congratulations! Did you hear just now?? I just got an email and almost had a heart attac; its was CVS emailing me a 20% off coupon
I can't believe it! I'm accepted!!
congratulations!!! i was accepted too!! 🙂
12:42 pmCongratulations! Did you hear just now?? I just got an email and almost had a heart attac; its was CVS emailing me a 20% off coupon![]()
From the students Ive spoken to, half the class comes from the wait list. You still have really good chances"Please understand that the waitlist is a favorable standing."This is gonna be a couple of months
congrats!!! we may be classmates next year!congratulations!!! i was accepted too!! 🙂
Hey guys, what's the best way to travel between GSO and the medical campus? I want to avoid renting a vehicle, and it looks like Uber is available at GSO, but I'm unsure how reliable Uber is around there.
Uber is very reliable and you should have no problem with it in Greensboro or W-S. However, it's about 30-40 minutes from GSO to downtown W-S depending on traffic so keep that in mind when budgeting for the fare. If you end up going this route and also happen to have an AMEX, activate the Uber offer that they have up right now in the AMEX app and that'll save you ten bucks at least
Rejected this afternoon. Post secondary, pre II. Lizzy M 68
When were you complete?
Rejected this afternoon. Post secondary, pre II. Lizzy M 68
Complete 7/27When were you complete?
Just saw the string of advice against calling the office for a possible II in repsonse to someone reposting. I'm curious as to what people's experiences are. Again, this happened to me and several other kids in my class.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry - I just realized someone re-posted my pep talk from last year's thread. Redundant post is redundant.
II this morning. Anyone know approximately when they are scheduling these nowadays?
II this morning. Anyone know approximately when they are scheduling these nowadays?
Complete?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
This is gonna be a couple of months