2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Wake Forest:
tumblr_myqf27hTuO1s1zx8jo8_250.gif
I thought you were all in on VCU?
 
Hey guys,

How long will wake forest take to review my app? I know it's still early, because I am currently my 5th week for WFU? Does it take 2 or 3 months for them?

TYVM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has Wake not sent out any IIs in the last month or is it just an under-representation of Wake applicants on SDN? Interviews must be happening every week these days!
I have not heard anything from Wake since they confirmed my application on 8/18.... so you're not alone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted+pissed+ still haven't received an email so make sure you check the portal everyone.
 
Last edited:
Serious question guys: Is it too early post waitlist to send a letter of interest? I also have an update so I was planning to combine them. Would I seem crazy if I sent it this weekend? I really fell hard for this school on interview day.
 
Last edited:
This may be a very silly question, but for those accepted - how do we notify "in writing" to hold our spot in the class? Does this mean email, or snail-mail letter? I tried calling the Ad Office, but the lines were busy each time and I'd like to let them know sooner rather than later. I remember writing this down on interview day ... but of course now I can't find those notes. Thanks guys, BIG CONGRATS to those accepted, and DON'T GIVE UP to those waitlisted/waiting for II!
 
Serious question guys: Is it too early post waitlist to send a letter of interest? I also have an update so I was planning to combine them. Would I seem crazy if I sent it this weekend? I really fell hard for this school on interview day.

I was also wondering this. Is there any immediate action we need to take to keep our applications "active"? WF is also a top choice of mine!
 
Serious question guys: Is it too early post waitlist to send a letter of interest? I also have an update so I was planning to combine them. Would I seem crazy if I sent it this weekend? I really fell hard for this school on interview day.
I was also wondering this. Is there any immediate action we need to take to keep our applications "active"? WF is also a top choice of mine!
At the interview, they seemed very open to receiving letters of interest. The admissions counselor suggested a letter of interest every 3 weeks after our decision to show commitment. I think she even said they expect a letter within five days after a waitlist decision unless you are waiting for a more significant update.
 
At the interview, they seemed very open to receiving letters of interest. The admissions counselor suggested a letter of interest every 3 weeks after our decision to show commitment. I think she even said they expect a letter within five days after a waitlist decision unless you are waiting for a more significant update.

Do you think that it would be good to send letter of interest pre-interview invite?
 
Do you think that it would be good to send letter of interest pre-interview invite?
Actually I have heard multiple times of people calling in requesting status of their application and were given interviews over the phone due to shown interest. Its been talked about in previous threads as well. Wake Forest is huge on interest.
 
Actually I have heard multiple times of people calling in requesting status of their application and were given interviews over the phone due to shown interest. Its been talked about in previous threads as well. Wake Forest is huge on interest.

Yeah, I read that same thing on previous threads! I guess the worst thing that could happen would be to call and they just don't mark down that you had interest and the call goes unnoticed; I do not believe calling to express interest can delineate the review process, probably would help if anything. Thanks for your comments. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I read that same thing on previous threads! I guess the worst thing that could happen would be to call and they just don't mark down that you had interest and the call goes unnoticed; I do not believe calling to express interest can delineate the review process, probably would help if anything. Thanks for your comments. 🙂
I think I'll try that. As it seems that I've got the hold status according to last years thread.