2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Complete mid-August? Have I been ignored/passed over? Or are apps complete around this time still being considered?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@econ1000
Rejected this afternoon. Post secondary, pre II. Lizzy M 68

No news is better bad news, hang in there, something around 8k apps and seemingly running a little slow this season .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone from recent interviews remember what day they said we should expect to hear back regarding decisions?
 
Hi all
Is their portal used for secondaries still active? I try to log in, and I get a blank white page with "]]>]]>Empl ID ]]>]]>Application Nbr ]]>]]>Last Name ]]>"

Mine works. Occasionally I have had that screen pop up... I'd just try again later.


When this happens, I just delete the URL and re-paste it or re-click it, or however you get to it. Then it works 100% of the time. Hope this helps!

In other news, OOS complete 8/28 silence :dead:
 
Received an II on Wednesday! Was a very nice surprise to find that in my email after leaving an exam I tanked. Submitted my application/was marked complete August 28th. Also, hopefully my stats will keep the hope alive in some of y'all, since they aren't too snazzy. 3.3cGPA, 3.15sGPA, 34 MCAT, and currently in a postbacc program. Also, they were scheduling interviews for early January, so I'm sure there's plenty II spots left! Good luck everyone!!!

On a side note, my MSAR account apparently expired (ugh), does anyone know/remember what kind of numbers there are for Wake in terms of number of interviewees and number of matriculants? Or better yet, if anyone has any idea of how many acceptances they tend to extend from interviews? Cuz that would be greeeaaaaat.
 
Received an II on Wednesday! Was a very nice surprise to find that in my email after leaving an exam I tanked. Submitted my application/was marked complete August 28th. Also, hopefully my stats will keep the hope alive in some of y'all, since they aren't too snazzy. 3.3cGPA, 3.15sGPA, 34 MCAT, and currently in a postbacc program. Also, they were scheduling interviews for early January, so I'm sure there's plenty II spots left! Good luck everyone!!!

On a side note, my MSAR account apparently expired (ugh), does anyone know/remember what kind of numbers there are for Wake in terms of number of interviewees and number of matriculants? Or better yet, if anyone has any idea of how many acceptances they tend to extend from interviews? Cuz that would be greeeaaaaat.

Congrats! Here are the numbers from MSAR:
IS - 123 interviewed, 32 matriculated; OOS - 418 interviewed, 88 matriculated.
 
Rejected! Was complete on Aug 28. Honestly appreciate them getting back to me now rather than all the way in April. Good luck to you all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here my status in portal
"You will be receiving notification of your application status."
I do not receive any email yet, what is mean???
 
I have the same thing..

but no e-mail. No rejection, no II, no phone call, no letter. Soooo my curiosity just increased 10 fold.

My status still reads that my application will be reviewed continuously through the cycle and I haven't received an II or anything either. I'm guessing you'll either receive a rejection or II within the next few days. Of course, I'm just speculating here
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checked the portal and saw the same thing ("You will be receiving notification of your application status."), five minutes later I get the rejection e-mail. Best of luck to everyone!
 
I think it is a safe assumption that "you will be receiving notification of your application status" is a rejection. I just got my email. I am so sorry all!
 
Is their portal used for secondaries still active? I try to log in, and I get a blank white page with "]]>]]>Empl ID ]]>]]>Application Nbr ]]>]]>Last Name ]]>"
I think you're logging in with the wrong link. Don't use the link in the secondary application email. Use the one in the first admissions email they sent.
 
So is "Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season." in the portal a hold status?
 
Having problems logging in as well. Everyone is probably checking their statuses right now...

From a previous Wake Forest e-mail:
If you have difficulty in accessing the website, please wait a few hours and try again as there may be too many applicants trying to access the website at one time.
 
Having problems logging in as well. Everyone is probably checking their statuses right now...

From a previous Wake Forest e-mail:
If you have difficulty in accessing the website, please wait a few hours and try again as there may be too many applicants trying to access the website at one time.
I was able to log in from IE on PC, make sure you're using the link from email titled "Wake Forest School of Medicine Application" not the secondary app one.
 
I was able to log in from IE on PC, make sure you're using the link from email titled "Wake Forest School of Medicine Application" not the secondary app one.
Thanks for the tip, was successful logging in after several attempts! Still under review and trying to not speculate.
 
Got the "You will be receiving notification..." status on the portal. Dammit. I thought I was a great fit for this school!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you all have the "Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." message before your rejection? Trying to figure out if they do: Complete -> "Hold (as status above)" -> Reject or Complete -> Reject, or some other random variants...

Sorry for everyone that got cut loose today! Another day in the life of medschool application season... 🙄 What has helped me: business-cat.
 
also received the same status as everyone else... patiently waiting my rejection.

at least this year they rejected me in december, last year it was march lol.





received it just a minute ago..... woot -rejected
 
Last edited: