You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by tarheel1408
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yep, I got the rejection e-mail shortly after checking my status portal.You means you got email reject after that???
I did 2 essays.Ugh. Just saw that status too.
Sorry that I can't contain myself, but did y'all that got that status do 2 or 3 essays?
It has always just been that status until today,Did you all have the "Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." message before your rejection? Trying to figure out if they do: Complete -> "Hold (as status above)" -> Reject or Complete -> Reject, or some other random variants...
Sorry for everyone that got cut loose today! Another day in the life of medschool application season... 🙄 What has helped me: business-cat.
Complete 7/24.When were y'all complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected, complete early August. 3 essays. LizzM 74-75.
Anybody get the status but not get the email yet? My status has been that all day but I got nothing here
Yep. Just got the boot.
There were people on the previous page who were complete after 8/15 and they were rejected.Ugh... I have not heard a peep from them since I applied mid-august...so maybe they just have not gotten to August 15+ yet for the rejection wave. Though I am trying to maintain optimism.
+1, all day long, but not email rejectAnybody get the status but not get the email yet? My status has been that all day but I got nothing here
Thx for the info. I should be more proactive about reading all past posts.There were people on the previous page who were complete after 8/15 and they were rejected.
.
Last edited:
I tried that just now and I get a blank page when I log in...Thanks for the suggestion though!try clearing your history. My portal is fine and has been since about 7pm ET
EDIT: It's working fine now; guess I should have closed out of the browser before trying to log in again!
^Doing that worked for me on Safari (closing out of the browser)
Still the "will be reviewed continuously" status for me, was complete on 9/23 though
Sorry to hear about all the rejections, the "you will be receiving..." and subsequent rejection seems a bit cruel :/
Still the "will be reviewed continuously" status for me, was complete on 9/23 though
Sorry to hear about all the rejections, the "you will be receiving..." and subsequent rejection seems a bit cruel :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?
7/30
Does anyone know if it's open or closed file for the interviews?
Open but I'm not sure they have grades or your MCAT score. My interviewers had made notes on my extracurricular activities and personal statement. They had specific questions ready to go already.Does anyone know if it's open or closed file for the interviews?
D
deleted642188
Rejection too like many other; ready for review 9/06
.
Last edited:
Anyone else still holding on for dear life? 😛
Rejection email this morning, as expected (got the status update yesterday afternoon). Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Still haven't received an II but so far no rejection either... I guess that's good news?Anyone else still holding on for dear life? 😛
So long, Wake. You've been a fun thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still on the "reviewed continuously" train as well. Hoping for the best!Anyone else still holding on for dear life? 😛
Whiskey and Christmas music does the trick for me.Those of us remaining: strategies to stay foolishly optimistic before judgement day?
+1Whiskey and Christmas music does the trick for me.
Don't worry, that's their standard response to updates.Sent an update, but was told it's not guaranteed in will be reviewed. Uh oh...
T
Thpinky
just checked my portal and still having the "being reviewed" status but I was complete pretty late so maybe they haven't got to my app yet. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can send in updates?
just checked my portal and still having the "being reviewed" status but I was complete pretty late so maybe they haven't got to my app yet. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can send in updates?
You can send updates to [email protected]
Whew still in the "continued to be reviewed" group. Just gotta hold out till this semester's grades are posted so I can send that update.
I just sent an update this morning. Apparently they don't accept grade updates. They told me they deleted the new grades from the update.Whew still in the "continued to be reviewed" group. Just gotta hold out till this semester's grades are posted so I can send that update.
Thank you for posting this!! It's really good to know, actually as all of us are waiting for our grades to update, hahaI just sent an update this morning. Apparently they don't accept grade updates. They told me they deleted the new grades from the update.
.
Last edited:
Any IIs today? Thought there was a chance since they just did a mass purge yesterday
Yes, this is my hope too but with my luck, there'll be another purge that I won't survive tomorrow... 🙁
Any one else get the portal update but never receive an email?
Got the update, then the hammer. Oh well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just sent an update to the wake forest admissions email... Is that okay? Was I supposed to mail it? Is there any other way to send an update?
Anyone to complete early Oct hear back yet? I know I'm at the end of the line but I want to know just exactly how far back haha
Submitted mid September, complete email in October. All quiet since, still have the "constant review" status. You are not alone my friend
Looks like I have missed some stuff here, haven't checked in on this thread in a while...Is there a confirmed slaughter on the horizon?? Update me peeps 
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K