2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just went back to my e-mail, and the admissions coordinator told me months ago that update letters are seen "almost never"; basically only if a faculty member comes and checks for updates from your file. Wondering if it's worth sending another one, even if I have substantial content to put on it...
 
I just went back to my e-mail, and the admissions coordinator told me months ago that update letters are seen "almost never"; basically only if a faculty member comes and checks for updates from your file. Wondering if it's worth sending another one, even if I have substantial content to put on it...
try calling and asking? I mean I see that they do not want updates on grades, but maybe if you have a new job/publication/award or anything else, they will be receptive to it? I know a lot of people are curious about this, me included. I am going to try calling them next week and if I hear back, I shall let you all know what I have heard!
 
try calling and asking? I mean I see that they do not want updates on grades, but maybe if you have a new job/publication/award or anything else, they will be receptive to it? I know a lot of people are curious about this, me included. I am going to try calling them next week and if I hear back, I shall let you all know what I have heard!

My first update letter had a high impact publication on it, and I was given the reply I mentioned above. Let me know what happens though. I might just send one in case I'm borderline on an interview invite or something
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the wait list is looked at during each adcom meeting? Or does it wait until April ?
 
My application right now ...

upload_2016-1-10_16-44-32.png
 
For people who already interviewed, I had my interviews at week and remember them saying that if you get wait listed, you need to send a letter of interest to show you still want to be considered. Does anyone remember if they said if it should be mailed as a hard copy or if it should be emailed? And also if they gave a specific address/email address they wanted it sent too? I wanted to go ahead and start writing mine since I'll probably be wait listed haha
 
For people who already interviewed, I had my interviews at week and remember them saying that if you get wait listed, you need to send a letter of interest to show you still want to be considered. Does anyone remember if they said if it should be mailed as a hard copy or if it should be emailed? And also if they gave a specific address/email address they wanted it sent too? I wanted to go ahead and start writing mine since I'll probably be wait listed haha
The instructions are in the waitlist letter.
 
rejected today. this hurts a lot, especially after knowing they screened my application, and then they gave me a secondary. man.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Portal just changed to: you will be receiving notification of your application status. Based on this thread, I am expecting a rejection email in the near future
 
For those who sent pre-II updates, did you send them to the same email that sent you the secondary? If not what email did you send your updates to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a pre-interview update letter. Does anyone know what the probability is that it will actually get read?

Wondering because it is a pretty significant letter (2 research publications last month).
 
I sent a pre-interview update letter. Does anyone know what the probability is that it will actually get read?

Wondering because it is a pretty significant letter (2 research publications last month).

I sent in a letter update last week and was told that it would be added to my file but its review could not be guaranteed. Congrats on the pubs though! If you're in the pool that is being "continually reviewed for interview" then I'm sure it will be seen at some point.
 
I sent in a letter update last week and was told that it would be added to my file but its review could not be guaranteed.
Also received the same email. I guess I was jw sending update letters only matters for the people on the fence and a majority of people who "are not on the fence" may be wasting time by sending updates. .... Also realizing how neurotic I am getting with this process, lol
 
So nervous! Can't wait for the decisions to come out!

@minsl have you already heard back? I thought you were also in this CoA round
 
So nervous! Can't wait for the decisions to come out!

@minsl have you already heard back? I thought you were also in this CoA round

Have not heard back yet. I thought I heard from one of the students that they received their decisions at 0930. Could be wrong.
 
Earlier in this thread someone found out at like 12:45 so I'm expecting it to be another couple hours
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad