You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be weird though because at least someone reported an acceptance in all previous threadsI read somewhere in previous threads that portals are updated after calls come out. Also the number of accepted peeps in December are only 16, so due to the sample size (or bad luck) whoever has been accepted just may not have posted yet.

Long-time lurker here but just to help you guys out (for those who are holding your breath) - I heard from one of my friends who applied to CCLCM that they were accepted. So acceptances have started going out but I don't know when they started or stopp(ed?).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know when they were accepted? Thanks for the update.Long-time lurker here but just to help you guys out (for those who are holding your breath) - I heard from one of my friends who applied to CCLCM that they were accepted. So acceptances have started going out but I don't know when they started or stopp(ed?).
Do you know when they were accepted? Thanks for the update.
Sorry, I'm not sure. I heard from this person today, so it could have been any time before that.
Any itels from those on the adcom? Have the calls started/ended yet? @adcom101 @vc7777
In previous years' threads, people posted about someone else getting into CCLCM before the ranking meeting even took place, which scared people off for nothing.
Edit: not to say @throwaway32's intel is incorrect or anything. Just saying we should relax.
In previous years' threads, people posted about someone else getting into CCLCM before the ranking meeting even took place, which scared people off for nothing.
Edit: not to say @throwaway32's intel is incorrect or anything. Just saying we should relax.
Sigh. I am no longer a student, mind you, and I'm no longer at the clinic. So i can't just ask. But I am on jeopardy today and just doing errands. If enough of you "like" this post, I'll make a phone call or text Dr Franco and say that X number of applicants were asking and if she responds (which isn't guaranteed, as she's a busy person) then I'll post?
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thank you so so so much for all of your generosity and putting up with our anxiety. It means the world to me and I'm sure to everyone else on this thread as well.Sigh. I am no longer a student, mind you, and I'm no longer at the clinic. So i can't just ask. But I am on jeopardy today and just doing errands. If enough of you "like" this post, I'll make a phone call or text Dr Franco and say that X number of applicants were asking and if she responds (which isn't guaranteed, as she's a busy person) then I'll post?
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sigh. I am no longer a student, mind you, and I'm no longer at the clinic. So i can't just ask. But I am on jeopardy today and just doing errands. If enough of you "like" this post, I'll make a phone call or text Dr Franco and say that X number of applicants were asking and if she responds (which isn't guaranteed, as she's a busy person) then I'll post?
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thank you. And yes, it really really means the whole entire world to those of us holding our breaths. It's a dream school for me, and I'm sure it is for others as well.
Can someone clarify if Lerner calls your PI BEFORE or AFTER the ranking meeting?
After rank meeting. The PI is only called if the applicant is accepted, which is decided at the rank meeting!Can someone clarify if Lerner calls your PI BEFORE or AFTER the ranking meeting?
You're so into the PI call with your posts, did yours get a call or something?Can someone clarify if Lerner calls your PI BEFORE or AFTER the ranking meeting?
OK - so here's the deal. Dr. Franco got back to me. 15/16 of the accepted first round of applicants were called yesterday afternoon. Sorry for the delay on behalf of the school - things can get a little crazy this time of year. A few reminders:
- everyone who isn't rejected will be still considered in the next round.
- CCLCM doesn't over-accept, so additional offers will be made as people withdraw (especially shortly after the AAMC "traffic" deadline for only hold one acceptance)
- And finally: the last day you can be accepted is the week of orientation, so for those who are interested, you need to also be available as the date approaches.
Yeah, he/she was.You're so into the PI call with your posts, did yours get a call or something?
Can someone clarify if Lerner calls your PI BEFORE or AFTER the ranking meeting?
I don't understand why you keep asking the same questions over and over lol. It's such a small number accepted out of an ultra competitive pool (even by MD schools standards) that it doesn't do any good to worry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, my PI told me they were called and I didn't receive an acceptance call. So don't worry I won't be posting more questions pertaining to this subject matter @Yorick
Well, my PI told me they were called and I didn't receive an acceptance call. So don't worry I won't be posting more questions pertaining to this subject matter @Yorick
@theNDhopeful44 you might be the 1 person who wasn't called yesterday 🙂 keep your head up!
Probably not, but I appreciate your optimism. That's something I really need this cycle 🙂@theNDhopeful44 you might be the 1 person who wasn't called yesterday 🙂 keep your head up!
Well, my PI told me they were called and I didn't receive an acceptance call. So don't worry I won't be posting more questions pertaining to this subject matter @Yorick
It's all good, honestly whenever someone posts here I think that someone has been accepted so I check haha. Maybe you're the one person left though!
@vc7777 Can we get an update when the 16th person is called? I think we'd all like to know.
@vc7777 Can we get an update when the 16th person is called? I think we'd all like to know.
I feel like a more useful update would be when the rejections/deferrals go out? Just a suggestion!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I agree with my learned colleague!I feel like a more useful update would be when the rejections/deferrals go out? Just a suggestion!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Occasionally, PI's are called to verify research involvement as part of the adcom's due deligence but has nothing to do with acceptance. I guess the first 16 accepted to CCLCM so far haven't come out of the wood work or just want to remain anonymous. Best of luck and Happy Holidays to everyone.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That explains my situation then, thank you.Occasionally, PI's are called to verify research involvement as part of the adcom's due deligence but has nothing to do with acceptance. I guess the first 16 accepted to CCLCM so far haven't come out of the wood work or just want to remain anonymous. Best of luck and Happy Holidays to everyone.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry to get everyone worked up again but anyone get a portal update lately? About rejections or holds?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nothing here. I think they wont reject people until after new years.Sorry to get everyone worked up again but anyone get a portal update lately? About rejections or holds?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I remember seeing on last year's thread that some holds/rejections went out on new year's eveNothing here. I think they wont reject people until after new years.
I remember seeing on last year's thread that some holds/rejections went out on new year's eve
Oh how festive of them.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II just now for college and university programs!!!! I don't think I'm that strong of a candidate for the college program but still hoping for the best. Had to schedule interviews on different days unfortunately, but luckily I have family in the area and flights are cheap
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II as well! For those who have recently received theirs, are y'all having some technical issues scheduling your interview day? I'm having some problems :|
.
Last edited:
Nope, I just got the confirmation for the university one and my college one still says to schedule online, so fingers crossed it's actually scheduled! (I had to call and schedule mine as well since the portal wasn't showing any available dates)@cherrycokezero @mandu_cheeks @gizmoo when you scheduled for college program, did you get a confirmation for it on the portal? I did for University but not for College, after calling the office to schedule
Refreshed the status page and I was denied :/ this one really hurts
Refreshed the status page and I was denied :/ this one really hurts
+1 ;_;
Sorry 🙁 Was this post interview?+1 ;_;
Just "received an alternate list offer from the College Program" on my status page. Pretty surprised to still be alive, but very appreciative! Hoping for the best!
Pre or post II?Just "received an alternate list offer from the College Program" on my status page. Pretty surprised to still be alive, but very appreciative! Hoping for the best!
Post II, interviewed early November.
I guess I'm a bit confused though; from last year's thread, it seems like if you weren't rejected or accepted now, you were automatically reconsidered in February, with no waitlist being generated until then. My status reads very much like an actual waitlisting, and is basically identical to the waitlist email from last year. Either way, happy to not be straight up rejected.
I guess I'm a bit confused though; from last year's thread, it seems like if you weren't rejected or accepted now, you were automatically reconsidered in February, with no waitlist being generated until then. My status reads very much like an actual waitlisting, and is basically identical to the waitlist email from last year. Either way, happy to not be straight up rejected.
yeah thats confusing, my interviewer told me that if we didnt get rejected in after the first ranking meeting we would be considered in the next one in february...Post II, interviewed early November.
I guess I'm a bit confused though; from last year's thread, it seems like if you weren't rejected or accepted now, you were automatically reconsidered in February, with no waitlist being generated until then. My status reads very much like an actual waitlisting, and is basically identical to the waitlist email from last year. Either way, happy to not be straight up rejected.
F
fukuyou
Just "received an alternate list offer from the College Program" on my status page. Pretty surprised to still be alive, but very appreciative! Hoping for the best!
+1
Seems like they are doing it differently this year? From last year's threads there were only holds and rejections, rather than waitlists and rejections.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Seems like they are doing it differently this year? From last year's threads there were only holds and rejections, rather than waitlists and rejections.
Same happened to me, post-II . Don't really know what to make of this. Hope for the best, happy new year everyone!
Placed on the alternate list as well. I'm thinking that I most likely won't hold the spot, I hope those of you who really loved it here make it!!
Sorry 🙁 Was this post interview?
yup. I interviewed Dec. 1 so I was kind of surprised to hear back so soon.
yup. I interviewed Dec. 1 so I was kind of surprised to hear back so soon.
What? I thought the Dec 1st interviewees were put in the second group of decisions......
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Waitlisted as well. Is there anyone who hasn't been waitlisted/rejected/accepted? I wonder if there's still a pool of applicants who are in the running for February separate from the waitlist, or whether the waitlist is just telling me that I didn't get in in December?