You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted as well. Is there anyone who hasn't been waitlisted/rejected/accepted? I wonder if there's still a pool of applicants who are in the running for February separate from the waitlist, or whether the waitlist is just telling me that I didn't get in in December?
+1. Also curious if this waitlist is the same as the one ranking applicants from 33-45
What? I thought the Dec 1st interviewees were put in the second group of decisions......
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I thought so too lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just an FYI, I know someone who works for CCLCM, and I was also placed on the alternate list. While this email does not sound encouraging (it definitely freaked me out for a minute), I checked and it does in fact meant that your application will be re-voted on in February, if you choose to stay on the list.
So no need to freak out yet! Those of us in that group are very much still in the running!
So no need to freak out yet! Those of us in that group are very much still in the running!
We are offering you a place on our alternate list in anticipation of persons currently on our class roster withdrawing between now and the date of matriculation.
This doesn't make it sound like we'll be considered in February. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though -- definitely keeping my spot here!
This doesn't make it sound like we'll be considered in February. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though -- definitely keeping my spot here!
+1. Also curious if this waitlist is the same as the one ranking applicants from 33-45
Well they haven't ranked 17-32 yet so I don't think they have a 33-45 this early
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
We are offering you a place on our alternate list in anticipation of persons currently on our class roster withdrawing between now and the date of matriculation.
This doesn't make it sound like we'll be considered in February. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though -- definitely keeping my spot here!
I had a very similar reaction, but I did check specifically with my CCLCM contact (including sending her the text of my status message), and she said that everyone who wasn't rejected will be re-voted on in February. I think they just moved to more neutral language this year. Or perhaps some people got more encouraging emails (not sure), but we are definitely all still actually in the running at this point.
I thought so too lol
Well I'm sorry to hear that, best of luck elsewhere this cycle!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Me......freaked me out when I started reading all of the other postsI interviewed on september and I havent been rejected or placed on alternate list.... anyone else in the same position?
My guess is people with no status updates are continued into consideration in Feb (a good thing) and those of us on alternate list are gonna stay there until after the first 32 start to withdraw. The alternate update is just worded in a way that makes me think we're not in consideration for the next 16 spots in Feb and they're gonna fill the class before looking at alternates again. Just my thoughts tho which mean nothing lolMe......freaked me out when I started reading all of the other posts
Also on the alternate list, interviewed in early December
Let me provide some clarification. I agree the wording "alternate list" is strange. The process is the same this year. If you are not rejected to this point AND you were not ranked in the first 16, your application is still active and will be under consideration for ranking #17-32. The WL is NOT made until the 2nd ranking meeting. Last year, more than half of the first 16 went elsewhere so there is no reason to give up hope or withdraw your application now. I had heard that last year's application pool was highly competitive that about 14-16 were accepted off the WL to fill a class of 32. Many of those accepted at CCLCM decided on other MD-PhD. Happy New Year and stay positive.
So for those who haven't got rejected yet should we be expecting the alternate list status?Let me provide some clarification. I agree the wording "alternate list" is strange. The process is the same this year. If you are not rejected to this point AND you were not ranked in the first 16, your application is still active and will be under consideration for ranking #17-32. The WL is NOT made until the 2nd ranking meeting. Last year, more than half of the first 16 went elsewhere so there is no reason to give up hope or withdraw your application now. I had heard that last year's application pool was highly competitive that about 14-16 were accepted off the WL to fill a class of 32. Many of those accepted at CCLCM decided on other MD-PhD. Happy New Year and stay positive.
It may not change in your portal. The fact that one is not rejected means your application is still active and is in consideration for second ranking. However, some will receive rejections over the next 4-6 weeks as the rest of the applicants come in for their interviews whom the adcom think would be a great fit for CCLCM. I think they don't want the pool to be so large and unmanageable when the second ranking occurs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I'm sorry to hear that, best of luck elsewhere this cycle!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks!! Good luck to you as well!
The number on the alternate list is irrelevant. What IS relevant is if you are invited to Second Look even though you are NOT in the first 32. This means you are probably in the top 15 on the WL/AL and have a high chance of being accepted to CCLCM. However, that will all depend on the final decision of the first 32. Some of the first 32 are obviously on WL of other MD-PhD programs or other competitive programs. In addition, merit scholarships and financial aid are also awarded in the spring which can impact those in the first 32. Hope that helps.Anyone know how many people total will be placed on the alternate list? @adcom101 / @vc7777
Did anyone that was placed on the alternative list and confirmed their place on the list get a confirmation email? Sent my email almost immediately after getting a spot, but afraid it may have been lost during the holiday season. I was trying to be patient and acknowledge the busy nature of the year and not call CCLCM, but still nervous since this is my dream school.
Thanks in advance!!
Thanks in advance!!
Did anyone that was placed on the alternative list and confirmed their place on the list get a confirmation email? Sent my email almost immediately after getting a spot, but afraid it may have been lost during the holiday season. I was trying to be patient and acknowledge the busy nature of the year and not call CCLCM, but still nervous since this is my dream school.
Thanks in advance!!
I also sent an email, in the beginning of January, and never received any confirmation!
I also sent an email, in the beginning of January, and never received any confirmation!
I called on Friday (after no response to my email) and they took down my info and made sure my response was noted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is this something we should do or is it safe to assume they received our emails? I think I remember reading something in the past about update emails being lost?I called on Friday (after no response to my email) and they took down my info and made sure my response was noted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is this something we should do or is it safe to assume they received our emails? I think I remember reading something in the past about update emails being lost?
It's my absolute first choice so tbh I'm doing everything I possibly can to be totally safe haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am right there with you!It's my absolute first choice so tbh I'm doing everything I possibly can to be totally safe haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Who is the type of person to reject Cleveland clinic for better programs? How can you turn down free tuition?
Who is the type of person to reject Cleveland clinic for better programs? How can you turn down free tuition?
People who get full tuition scholarships at other schools.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Who is the type of person to reject Cleveland clinic for better programs? How can you turn down free tuition?
Lot of people applying to MD/PhD programs which are tuition free + stipend.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So... If you still haven't gotten any notification, rejection or alternate list, what does that mean exactly. I have no email and haven't gotten any updates to my portal. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm bottom of the barrel and they're trying to decide if they should reject or put me on alternate... But I honestly have no clue.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still there with you @neuroguy91So... If you still haven't gotten any notification, rejection or alternate list, what does that mean exactly. I have no email and haven't gotten any updates to my portal. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm bottom of the barrel and they're trying to decide if they should reject or put me on alternate... But I honestly have no clue.
Same...Still there with you @neuroguy91
Who is the type of person to reject Cleveland clinic for better programs? How can you turn down free tuition?
Lot of people applying to MD/PhD programs which are tuition free + stipend.
Exactly. Someone I know was considering withdrawing from CCLCM after being accepted MD/PhD because Lerner would be more expensive, haha.
I know this is easier said than done, but for those of you who still haven't gotten a portal update/email, I'd try not to read too much into the silence. As long as you haven't been rejected, your application is still being considered. So there isn't really a "bottom of the barrel" exactly--if they didn't really believe you'd make a good potential member of the 32, they'd reject you. As long as you aren't rejected, you're still fully in the running at this point.
CCLCM is just a bit different since the class size is so small, the PBLs mean they need a very specific and cohesive group, and they don't over accept. Making their admissions decisions is likely pretty different from other schools, and seems to take longer.
So let's all stay positive and hopefully we will all get good news come February!
CCLCM is just a bit different since the class size is so small, the PBLs mean they need a very specific and cohesive group, and they don't over accept. Making their admissions decisions is likely pretty different from other schools, and seems to take longer.
So let's all stay positive and hopefully we will all get good news come February!
Does anyone know where I should send an update? The CCLCM email, through iApply, or to a specific person?
I know it's been asked before, but I don't think we ever clarified: if we were waitlisted, are we voted on again during the next ranking meeting where it's possible that we may be accepted?
Let me provide some clarification. I agree the wording "alternate list" is strange. The process is the same this year. If you are not rejected to this point AND you were not ranked in the first 16, your application is still active and will be under consideration for ranking #17-32. The WL is NOT made until the 2nd ranking meeting. Last year, more than half of the first 16 went elsewhere so there is no reason to give up hope or withdraw your application now. I had heard that last year's application pool was highly competitive that about 14-16 were accepted off the WL to fill a class of 32. Many of those accepted at CCLCM decided on other MD-PhD. Happy New Year and stay positive.
It may not change in your portal. The fact that one is not rejected means your application is still active and is in consideration for second ranking. However, some will receive rejections over the next 4-6 weeks as the rest of the applicants come in for their interviews whom the adcom think would be a great fit for CCLCM. I think they don't want the pool to be so large and unmanageable when the second ranking occurs.
Clarified 2x on this page
The iApply page has a place at the top for you to upload updates. That's what I have did I want to say I also contacted them to make sure they got it, and they said they did, but it was a long time ago, so I may be getting schools mixed up.Does anyone know where I should send an update? The CCLCM email, through iApply, or to a specific person?
Is there any residency match data available on CCLCM?
Yes, it's on the CCLCM website: http://portals.clevelandclinic.org/Students/StudentMatch/tabid/7344/Default.aspx
Match list 2016: https://portal.cclcm.ccf.org/cclcm/cclcmdependencies/docs/Match_list_2016.pdf
Have any of you guys had trouble receiving responses from the admissions office? I sent an email a few days ago with a question I need an answer to by next week but I haven't heard back...
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a response back from Karen Wright about my email for the alternate list (first sent in 2 weeks ago). Seems like they are just a bit slow in getting back to us, so no need to worry if you haven't heard back yet.
Just got a response to my email as well!
Just got a response to my email as well!
Speak of the devil, me too! Good stuff.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, Dr. Franco called Feb 12th. So probably around the second week.
thank you
I think I am going to die waiting on this decision. One month seems like a lifetime right now.Last year, Dr. Franco called Feb 12th. So probably around the second week.
I think I am going to die waiting on this decision. One month seems like a lifetime right now.
Same. I'm keeping busy by writing a Hail Mary last hurrah letter of intent/update
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 for this. Wrote my letter of intent a few days after receiving the alternate list decisionSame. I'm keeping busy by writing a Hail Mary last hurrah letter of intent/update
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator: