2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have not heard anything back from them, but I noticed that my status on the main application page has changed from "Your application is now considered complete and under review" to just "Thank you!"

There's some information about how interviews go out until February, but I don't remember if that was there before. You guys think this means I've been reviewed and placed on pre-interview hold?
 
So I have not heard anything back from them, but I noticed that my status on the main application page has changed from "Your application is now considered complete and under review" to just "Thank you!"

There's some information about how interviews go out until February, but I don't remember if that was there before. You guys think this means I've been reviewed and placed on pre-interview hold?

Just checked and I'm in the same boat as you.
 
I am doubtful that there is anything to worry about with this recent status change since Feinberg does not reject in waves (historically).
For the record, my portal says (and has been that way for a while now) :
Thank you!
We have received your supplemental application and letters of recommendation.
 
Hi everyone, for those who were accepted, did you receive snail mail FIRST and then the portal updated when the letter got to your home? Or, was it simultaneous?
 
I was accepted via portal about a month and a half ago, and received an email confirmation a week later.
Still haven't gotten the snail mail...
 
I'm still waiting on some sort of information about second look. Does anyone know if Feinberg pays for anything (hotel? flight?) for second look?
 
I'm still waiting on some sort of information about second look. Does anyone know if Feinberg pays for anything (hotel? flight?) for second look?

I haven't heard anything yet, however I talked to my student host when I got accepted a few weeks ago and the student said that during second look, accepted students stay with student hosts until the amount of hosts run out.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone who interviewed early December get any updates? (wait listed, accepted?) and through what format? (portal update, email, snailmail?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad