2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard about merit scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

According to AAMC's traffic rules, by March 15 schools have to issue a number of acceptances at least equal to the expected number of students in the incoming class. I can't imagine that they have admitted that many people already. My guess is that decisions come out by March 15 at the latest.

But then again who knows haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to AAMC's traffic rules, by March 15 schools have to issue a number of acceptances at least equal to the expected number of students in the incoming class. I can't imagine that they have admitted that many people already. My guess is that decisions come out by March 15 at the latest.

But then again who knows haha

i think they have. there are 233 ppl in thr fb group and their class is 160ish. however they have a yield of 30%

i think they have. there are 233 ppl in thr fb group and their class is 160ish. however they have a yield of 30%

True. Hard to say. Doesn't really matter anyway. They come when they come.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after submitting financial aid forms? I emailed all the tax information and Northwestern's verification of student/parents' income forms to [email protected] about a week ago and didn't get any sort response other than the form "we've received your message and will respond in 1-2 days." I just want to make sure it went through/I did this correctly!

Did anyone get a confirmation email after submitting financial aid forms? I emailed all the tax information and Northwestern's verification of student/parents' income forms to [email protected] about a week ago and didn't get any sort response other than the form "we've received your message and will respond in 1-2 days." I just want to make sure it went through/I did this correctly!

I mailed my stuff in and never got any sort of confirmation except that usps said it was delivered haha

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, but I emailed the financial aid office to confirm the status, and they were able to confirm that for me

No, but I got an email about getting access to my NU email and class schedule system (Caesar). I went on there and looked at the financial aid to do list, and everything was received. They sent it to my old email though, I have no idea why

No, but I got an email about getting access to my NU email and class schedule system (Caesar). I went on there and looked at the financial aid to do list, and everything was received. They sent it to my old email though, I have no idea why
interesting! I didn't get that email!

I think its because I applied there for undergrad as well, and that was the email I used at the time. So check old emails, i guess?
Lol I don't have any old email, but I guess I can wait. Did they assign you a username and password (like random password) or was it your SSN, DOB, or something predictable? Maybe I can try to log in

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I don't have any old email, but I guess I can wait. Did they assign you a username and password (like random password) or was it your SSN, DOB, or something predictable? Maybe I can try to log in
I didn't get any email either, but hopefully soon because apparently financial aid awards are sent to the northwestern email

I also did not get any sort of email like that! Hoping to get it soon. Lol stuff like this always makes me a bit anxious :p

I didn't get any email either, but hopefully soon because apparently financial aid awards are sent to the northwestern email

I also did not get any sort of email like that! Hoping to get it soon. Lol stuff like this always makes me a bit anxious :p

I didn't get this email either! Haha part of me is like "oh gosh maybe they realized they made a mistake admitting me???" but that's unlikely right?

I didn't get this email either! Haha part of me is like "oh gosh maybe they realized they made a mistake admitting me???" but that's unlikely right?
Very unlikely. I mean they accepted me back in October and had 5 months to reverse the decision if it were to be a mistake. Their website says we should receive the email in March and if we don't by 4/15, we should contact the school.

I got a NetID with my initials and 3 random digits after it, and an activation code that was essentially a randomly generated password. I guess I would recommend that you call tomorrow to see whats going on

I got a NetID with my initials and 3 random digits after it, and an activation code that was essentially a randomly generated password. I guess I would recommend that you call tomorrow to see whats going on
Were you able to view your financial aid package?

Were you able to view your financial aid package?
No, not yet. But it did have a checklist which showed that all of my financial aid documents were submitted.

Am I the only one with access to Caesar rn? That would be really weird...

No, not yet. But it did have a checklist which showed that all of my financial aid documents were submitted.

Am I the only one with access to Caesar rn? That would be really weird...

Did they send you the password/username info when you got accepted?

Any deferrals hear back yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, where did you get the yield of 30% from? It seems rather low, right? Then again, I am not too familiar with yield numbers in general.

They accept about 500 or so students each year and about 150 or so matriculate, so that yield seems about right

Just curious, where did you get the yield of 30% from? It seems rather low, right? Then again, I am not too familiar with yield numbers in general.

I got it from this website:
https://www.usnews.com/education/be...chools-where-accepted-students-usually-enroll

I would imagine the combination of limited financial aid, cold weather in Chicago, and competing with other schools contributes to this lower yield. However, I do think Feinberg is a phenomenal institution and it has been one of my top choices for a while!

FYI I just got the email about activating my netID and email

Do you know how to log into the email? I activated my netID and I can access CAESAR but when I try to log in to the email on google it says my email is not recognized

EDIT: Nevermind I got it! You have to go to the outlook app.

Do you know how to log into the email? I activated my netID and I can access CAESAR but when I try to log in to the email on google it says my email is not recognized

Try logging in using the outlook web app, look it up on google for northwestern

Got the email too. Does everyone's financial aid tracking show as accurately completed? I sent in all the documents, but it doesn't say completed..

Check the portal deferred people. ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Mine doesn't have an update either. Does this for sure mean waitlist or reject? :(

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't get an email and my status page reverted after submitting the form. So I'm sure more acceptances will come through mail/email!

I didn't get an email and my status page reverted after submitting the form. So I'm sure more acceptances will come through mail/email!
So it went back to the same deferred messaged after you accepted the offer?

My status page is actually empty right now, it's weird. But there's a Second Look Agenda tab, and I got an email confirmation after submitting the form. I think acceptances seem to come from either portal, email, or mail, and I only saw the portal acceptance message. So I bet others may hear from other avenues

I was accepted a while back and I have an empty box on the status page with a tab about second look. Congratulations.

Last edited:
So, uh, is there anyone else who got deferred who's portal is weird/different now? Mine just looks the same as always

I wish they all would just let us know at the same time :/

Anyone else hear anything, or is eggsntots the Chosen One?

I was accepted yesterday as well! Interviewed early in September and then deferred. Hope everyone hears good news if you haven't already eventually!

Reactions: 2 users
Ok so I called and the lady told me that decisions are being sent out for us deferred people. They are making decisions for deferred applicants but they are not done making decisions yet though and everyone should hear back by the end of March. You'll get an acceptance, a rejection, or a waitlist.

Ok so I called and the lady told me that decisions are being sent out for us deferred people. They are making decisions for deferred applicants but they are not done making decisions yet though and everyone should hear back by the end of March. You'll get an acceptance, a rejection, or a waitlist.
BLESS you!

So they are releasing decisions over the course of next few weeks rather than all at once like previous years? hmm, I wonder why they would be doing it differently this year...

So they are releasing decisions over the course of next few weeks rather than all at once like previous years? hmm, I wonder why they would be doing it differently this year...
From my understanding I guess so... no idea why though.