2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's basically a waitlist unail after April 30th. We just have to be patient. I've been on hold since like beginning of Nov and I interviewed in September
That's what I suspected. They should just said waitlist, like other schools do, because this is confusing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone filled out the housing application yet? Or are you waiting till after Second Look Day so you get a chance to tour the place?
 
has anyone, who marked that they were interested on their secondary, received the application for the ortho 3=5 program?

I marked interested for the 3+3 accelerated family med program on my app and someone from the program called me with details on how to apply. It was a few months ago though. I think you can email the program director for an application for 3+5
 
Does anyone know if PSUCOM completely fills the class and then pulls from the "on hold" file as people decline acceptances? Or does this list continue to be evaluated along with those currently interviewing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its been over 8 weeks since my interview 🙁
No update yet. How long did you guys take to get a decision post interview.

I interviewed for MSTP on January 16th. A colleague of mine interviewed exactly one month later and heard back 2 weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything yet. It seems to be up in the air/random. 🙁
 
Does anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to incoming students? Or has anyone received one with acceptance?
 
Does anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to incoming students? Or has anyone received one with acceptance?

I may be wrong but from what I've heard, PSU doesn't really give out merit scholarships with acceptance letters.
However I heard yesterday at second look that financial aid awards for need-based scholarships and loans are supposed to come out within the next 10 days.

That being said, one of my friends who is a current first year said that she got a merit scholarship but she didn't find out until AFTER she accepted and matriculated in the fall. Not sure if this was true for everyone with scholarship though
 
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! I interviewed mid-December and called last week to ask about my status because it's been 16 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard a peep since. The woman I spoke with said that my file was recently reviewed and that I should hear something within the next week or two. Not sure if there are any fellow December comrades out there (or even pre-December interviewees) but if you're still waiting too, I would assume we should know something soon. STAY STRONG PPL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today! :soexcited:
IS,interviewed first week of FEB.
I think I am going to accept my offer here, Does anyone know how to do that? My acceptance email didn't have any link to accept the offer. Apologies if this was answered in one of the other 32 pages of this thread haha. :beat:

Congrats!! You'll get a snail mail packet and then you accept by sending a form back. They'll email you too once they receive the form.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! I interviewed mid-December and called last week to ask about my status because it's been 16 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard a peep since. The woman I spoke with said that my file was recently reviewed and that I should hear something within the next week or two. Not sure if there are any fellow December comrades out there (or even pre-December interviewees) but if you're still waiting too, I would assume we should know something soon. STAY STRONG PPL

Did you not hear at all? I interviewed mid December was put on the hold list which essentially is a non-answer haha.