2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is $10,000 the most SLU can offer in scholarship money?
That's correct. They said at the interview that students are considered for 5k and 10k scholarships only, the rest is loans

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when the last round of II will be sent out? I finished my secondary on 1/1 and its only been 6 weeks but I'm still super nervous...

Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer actually emailed me and let me know that the director of admissions basically said that "acceptable" candidates from this point will mostly just be put on hold until seats free up at the end of April. He was like, "The meeting went well, but just know that this is how it is right now, so just sit tight/firm up your plans of where you want to go."

Reactions: 2 users
My interviewer actually emailed me and let me know that the director of admissions basically said that "acceptable" candidates from this point will mostly just be put on hold until seats free up at the end of April. He was like, "The meeting went well, but just know that this is how it is right now, so just sit tight/firm up your plans of where you want to go."

This feels SO nice to actually hear from the administration. Thank you!

Rejected pre II my secondary was complete 1/1

ghosted since july... SLU just doesn't text back.

but seriously, should I assume my app is in a hold-like status? or pending rejection? (i'm great at rejection, you can tell me)

ghosted since july... SLU just doesn't text back.

but seriously, should I assume my app is in a hold-like status? or pending rejection? (i'm great at rejection, you can tell me)

apparently SLU gets mad when you post about them not texting back... rejection email 2 minutes later and it's probably the nicest breakup text ever. stay classy SLU.

Reactions: 21 users
Rejected. LM 70.5 OOS. Complete... eh, I dunno, a long f**king time ago.

Sorry I couldn't go to the cool kids table with you, SLU.

EDITED: Checked my email. Complete 7/11. Lord almighty.

Reactions: 4 users
To add on to my annoying questions, do they also accept letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet they'll pull people off the wait list in April and especially May, when candidates turn down acceptance from them.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, hope one of you guys move up the waitlist!!

Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!

Edit: Interviewed early Dec.

~3.9/35
Int'l applicant

No I did not send any updates besides my fall semester grades.

Was anyone outright accepted? Were most just put on alt list? And do they reject post interview or is it either Accepted or Waitlist?

I also was just placed on the waitlist. Interviewed in early February

Accepted this morning off of the alternate list!!
I interviewed in early January.

Just placed on the alternate list. Interviewed at the end of January!

Anyone who interviewed mid feb hear anything?

FYI for accepted students, if you login to myslu.slu.edu>>student>>financial aid awards, you can see your offered award for 2017-18.

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students

True P/F preclinical years and im almost positive no rankings exist your preclinical years

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students
Bro, get MSAR or check out their website. How many times have you posted this same comment? lol

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 1.32.19 PM.png

Bro, get MSAR or check out their website. How many times have you posted this same comment? lol

I didnt realize it was on the msar until you said this haha, I felt like I looked everywhere appearently not my b

Rejected today, complete mid-late August, OOS, stats below. Good luck everyone!

dang so basically people who interviewed in feb were interviewing for a waitlist position...