2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who has heard back from the committee interview with Dr. Graham? (DM if you don't want to reply on the thread)
 
As the multiple acceptance deadline approaches and applicants make decisions, I wanted to update again! I am a first year SLU med student that is on the Orientation Committee! We will be planning the events for your welcome week and making sure you have the necessary info before moving to STL. We created a facebook group about a month ago; we ask that only accepted students request to join the group (search Saint Louis University - Class of 2021). Once you request to join, we will give you instructions on how to verify your acceptance, so please check your Facebook messages (especially that random "messages requests" folder!) Congrats on your acceptance to SLUSOM, and we look forward to having the new class on campus!
 
As the multiple acceptance deadline approaches and applicants make decisions, I wanted to update again! I am a first year SLU med student that is on the Orientation Committee! We will be planning the events for your welcome week and making sure you have the necessary info before moving to STL. We created a facebook group about a month ago; we ask that only accepted students request to join the group (search Saint Louis University - Class of 2021). Once you request to join, we will give you instructions on how to verify your acceptance, so please check your Facebook messages (especially that random "messages requests" folder!) Congrats on your acceptance to SLUSOM, and we look forward to having the new class on campus!

Can I DM you with any school related questions (or ask on here)?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does SLU normally give students any financial aid? all I received were loan offers and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

edit: I guess they either give students 5k / year, 10k / year, or nothing. If they give money out, they will request the completion of a validation form by student & parent. It looks like awards can be applied for and given out each year.

I only submitted my fafsa and was never asked to complete a validation form. My award also just shows loans so I guess I didn't qualify either based on merit and/or need, for this year at least.

does this sound accurate? @slusom
 
Last edited:
does SLU normally give students any financial aid? all I received were loan offers and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

edit: I guess they either give students 5k / year, 10k / year, or nothing. If they give money out, they will request the completion of a validation form by student & parent. It looks like awards can be applied for and given out each year.

I only submitted my fafsa and was never asked to complete a validation form. My award also just shows loans so I guess I didn't qualify either based on merit and/or need, for this year at least.

does this sound accurate? @slusom
Yo same for me. Only got loans p
 
does SLU normally give students any financial aid? all I received were loan offers and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

edit: I guess they either give students 5k / year, 10k / year, or nothing. If they give money out, they will request the completion of a validation form by student & parent. It looks like awards can be applied for and given out each year.

I only submitted my fafsa and was never asked to complete a validation form. My award also just shows loans so I guess I didn't qualify either based on merit and/or need, for this year at least.

does this sound accurate? @slusom

Sorry you didn't receive any scholarship. If you have any other acceptances, maybe you can leverage some scholarship? I've heard some students are successful with that. I was talking to a student on my interview day and they told me that almost every student eventually gets a 5k or 10k scholarship so contact a current student and inquire about that.
 
Just placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/21

Is anyone rejected post-interview or does it seem like everyone is either accepted or added to the alternate list?
 
Sorry you didn't receive any scholarship. If you have any other acceptances, maybe you can leverage some scholarship? I've heard some students are successful with that. I was talking to a student on my interview day and they told me that almost every student eventually gets a 5k or 10k scholarship so contact a current student and inquire about that.

I appreciate the reply! Did you get 5k or 10k?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad