2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone think it's a bad idea for me to give 4000 characters on "why SLU?" Really into their mission and values, but not sure if I'm being too long-winded about why it's a good fit.
There is no "why SLU" prompt in the secondary. Where are you putting this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received! Looks to be same prompts as in the past, all with 10,000 character "limits".
Was your app verified before you received a secondary and how long after you submitted to SLU did it take to receive the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my secondary without being verified
oops, sorry, guys. I was wrong. I assumed it was a secondary, but hadn't really looked at it yet. Its just an invitation to look at their website and learn about the school? I think its just spam like I've gotten from some other schools I didn't apply to.

Did others receive an email that just introduced the school's website prior to receiving the secondary? If so, how much later did you receive the secondary?

Did others receive an email that just introduced the school's website prior to receiving the secondary? If so, how much later did you receive the secondary?
I received that after getting and submitting my secondary! I think it was unrelated!:)

Secondary Submitted. Only did a short 1000 character for #3 on the mission/values of the school since it was what drove me to apply, but didn't want to go overboard. Just enough for them to want to know more and send me that interview invite ;)

To fill out the optional essay, or to not fill it out? I could probably write a "why SLU" essay....what are other people doing?

To fill out the optional essay, or to not fill it out? I could probably write a "why SLU" essay....what are other people doing?
I wrote at "Why SLU?"

I wrote at "Why SLU?"
Yea that's what I ended up doing as well! It's only like 1,000 characters, but hopefully it'll get my point across as why I want to go here!

Yea that's what I ended up doing as well! It's only like 1,000 characters, but hopefully it'll get my point across as why I want to go here!

Did this as well. Figured adcoms don't actually want to read a 8000 character essay on why SLU. Does anyone know why they put the limit so high? Do people actually write that much?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone speak to how much stress this school puts on numbers . Their avg GPA seems to be somewhat high. Considering adding this school now. Do they give much value to other parts your application ?

Reactions: 3 users
How long did it take for you guys to receive secondaries after submitting your primary application?

How long did it take for you guys to receive secondaries after submitting your primary application?

My primary got sent at the end of June and I received the secondary invite two days later.

My amcas got verified and I had a secondary within the hour

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those who are submitted, any ideas when IIs went out in prior years? Really looking forward to the possibility at SLU.

II Just now

Edit woops, hit enter too soon, I'm so excited! Lizzy-M ~72, complete 6/30, OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite just now!! Complete June 29th

Reactions: 2 users
II! NOT that I am complaining about this, but I am having a bit of trouble scheduling... This is my tenth interview and am therefore overlapping. Does anyone know how to go about requesting more dates than just September in a respectful way that indicates that I am still VERY interested in St Louis?

II! NOT that I am complaining about this, but I am having a bit of trouble scheduling... This is my tenth interview and am therefore overlapping. Does anyone know how to go about requesting more dates than just September in a respectful way that indicates that I am still VERY interested in St Louis?
Same :( But I also have a problem with costs. I think I need to start turning down interviews at schools. Is this wise?

Good problem to have, congratulations!

II! earlier today!

Same :( But I also have a problem with costs. I think I need to start turning down interviews at schools. Is this wise?
I feel ya! How the heck can we afford to fly everywhere?? I am assuming you, like me (regardless of stats), didn't expect to hear from so many schools! I think it is wise to turn down schools if it means you are going to go into debt over it or start eating ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner just to make ends meet.

I feel ya! How the heck can we afford to fly everywhere?? I am assuming you, like me (regardless of stats), didn't expect to hear from so many schools! I think it is wise to turn down schools if it means you are going to go into debt over it or start eating ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner just to make ends meet.
Yeah exactly! Especially since we presumably have more coming. If it's just these 8, I'll attend them all, but if I get more I definitely need to cut. So idk what to do with this lack of information lol.

Yeah exactly! Especially since we presumably have more coming. If it's just these 8, I'll attend them all, but if I get more I definitely need to cut. So idk what to do with this lack of information lol.
8 or 10 interviews, very impressive. Would you mind share some information about your stats or things you have done?
thanks

Have you any experience re scheduling interviews? no one seems to be providing information on that either haha

Have you any experience re scheduling interviews? no one seems to be providing information on that either haha
No, so far everything has worked out perfectly schedule-wise. I can even schedule this interview perfectly.

8 or 10 interviews, very impressive. Would you mind share some information about your stats or things you have done?
thanks
Sorry, I want to maintain anonymity so I'll just give generals! LizzyM >75, lots of varied activities. Sorry I can't give more! PM me for more detailed questions if you want.

Hey hey pass some of those interviews over here to us less valued applicants. We have room in our schedules I promise :happy:
Done! The magic is known to lag though, so give it at least until March/April.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol true, but any advice? Is it inappropriate to call the school and tell them why I cannot make any of their dates?

I personally have no experience with this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do not think you'd be out of line by asking when they would be opening up more interview dates in October. Just be sure to express that you are very interested in the school, your schedule is just stretched a little thin for the month, and ask if there's a deadline of when you have to sign up for an interview.

Any lower stats people get love here? thinking about adding it.

No, so far everything has worked out perfectly schedule-wise. I can even schedule this interview perfectly.

Sorry, I want to maintain anonymity so I'll just give generals! LizzyM >75, lots of varied activities. Sorry I can't give more! PM me for more detailed questions if you want.
me too!

I received a pamphlet in the mail today about their curriculum and facilities. Anyone else?

Reactions: 8 users