You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The MD GODS have finally smiled upon got my first interview!!
Last edited:
I sent an update through the portal last year and received an II a few weeks later. The content of my update also came up in my interview so I know they read it. I'd say 1 substantial update pre-II is appropriate and can only help.Does SLU accept update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dreamed that I received an II last night. Maybe it will come in a couple of days 🙂
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday!
Any updates on when acceptance/rejection/waitlist decisions come out?
apply if your stats are goodIs it too late to send in a secondary?
I am flying into stl tonight for my interview on Tuesday (10/18), I am planning to spend the day tomorrow (10/17) exploring the city! I have a rental car, PM if you would be interested in exploring a bit and/or grabbing dinner and bouncing some interview conversation ideas back and forth.
Congrats on all the interviews everyone! I have an interview coming up that's at 1PM. What time do you think I would be finished with everything? Just trying to see if I would be safe for a 4:50 flight or if that would be cutting it a little close. Thank you for your help!
Congrats on all the interviews everyone! I have an interview coming up that's at 1PM. What time do you think I would be finished with everything? Just trying to see if I would be safe for a 4:50 flight or if that would be cutting it a little close. Thank you for your help!
If you're interview is at 1PM, it should be after the tour and informational presentations. Thus, it'll probably be the last thing you do, and you'll probably be out of there by 2pm at the latest. In my experience, the St. Louis airport was not crowded at all, and getting through security took like 5 minutes. So you should probably be fine if your flight leaves at 4:50pm. Just my two cents! Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I concur with the person above me, that you probably have time. although it is like a 30ish minute drive to the airport from the med school building, traffic depending. But the airport was one of the fastest I have been to!Congrats on all the interviews everyone! I have an interview coming up that's at 1PM. What time do you think I would be finished with everything? Just trying to see if I would be safe for a 4:50 flight or if that would be cutting it a little close. Thank you for your help!
I concur with the person above me, that you probably have time. although it is like a 30ish minute drive to the airport from the med school building, traffic depending. But the airport was one of the fastest I have been to!
If you're interview is at 1PM, it should be after the tour and informational presentations. Thus, it'll probably be the last thing you do, and you'll probably be out of there by 2pm at the latest. In my experience, the St. Louis airport was not crowded at all, and getting through security took like 5 minutes. So you should probably be fine if your flight leaves at 4:50pm. Just my two cents! Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you both so much! Flights are all set 🙂
D
drnala15
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 9/26!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted as well!!
+1!!!!!!!
Accepted! OOS, LizzieM ~74 interviewed on 9/20
Accepted! Definitely my top choice. I am so excited right now! Lizzy M~71 interviewed late September, OOS
So is no news good news lol? II on 9/13 and no email from SLU yet today.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So is no news good news lol? II on 9/13 and no email from SLU yet today.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed on the same day and have heard nothing!!
I interviewed on the same day and have heard nothing!!
Haha that's funny. That means we probably met IRL. My other friend who interviewed on 9/13 with us was accepted today. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha that's funny. That means we probably met IRL. My other friend who interviewed on 9/13 with us was accepted today. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
what does IRL mean? ha I'm new to all of this!
what does IRL mean? ha I'm new to all of this!
IRL = in real life [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha that's funny. That means we probably met IRL. My other friend who interviewed on 9/13 with us was accepted today. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm a 9/13 interviewer also! So strange knowing that I would probably recognize you if we were face-to-face haha
I'm a 9/13 interviewer also! So strange knowing that I would probably recognize you if we were face-to-face haha
Yea that's actually pretty trippy lol [emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey, congrats to all those who were accepted today! Can anyone give me some insight into how to prepare for the interview, what the questions were like, and how long you spent interviewing? Anything helps, thanks!
The interview was very relaxed! One-on-one, open file, approximately 45-60 minutes long, I think mine was around 45 minutes.
First, know what's on your application. A good portion of the questions include going through the activities you list on your AMCAS application. After that, it's just a few very standard interview questions (strengths, weakness, why SLU, etc.). The whole thing is very conversational, and my interviewer was super friendly!
Best of luck!
Hey, congrats to all those who were accepted today! Can anyone give me some insight into how to prepare for the interview, what the questions were like, and how long you spent interviewing? Anything helps, thanks!
It was really laid back and lasted an hour for me. It was very conversational, she asked me about activities I had listed on AMCAS, what I do in my free time, about my hometown and then why I chose SLU. The only thing you can really do to prepare is to study your application and relax, it went by way faster than expected!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! I was complete 8/3. Is it too early to send a letter requesting some interview love?I was complete here 7/22 and haven't heard about an II. I was considering writing a letter of interest. Not sure if I should quite yet. Any thoughts? For reference LizzyM 73-74
Accepted 10/17
Interviewed 9/19
OOS, LM ~67-70
Interviewed 9/19
OOS, LM ~67-70
Accepted 10/17
Interviewed 9/19
OOS, LM ~67-70
Congrats! Another 9/19 interviewer 🙂
Congrats to you too!Congrats! Another 9/19 interviewer 🙂
My interview was also strange and uncomfortable (interviewed 10/10). Maybe we had the same person haha. Also hoping for the best!Just had my interview. Everyone I met was extremely nice and welcoming, it was great! But my interview was pretty uncomfortable to say the least =/. Hoping for the best either way. Good luck to everyone else interviewing
Who did you interview with?My interview was also strange and uncomfortable (interviewed 10/10). Maybe we had the same person haha. Also hoping for the best!
.
Last edited:
7
787593
I'll see you there!! 🙂Just got an II!!!!! I love this school 😍
Scheduled on 11/8
Complete 9/7
I'll see you there!! 🙂
Do you know who your interviewer is? mine is Dr. Claudia Vidal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
787593
The MD/PhD derm? Yeah!!Do you know who your interviewer is? mine is Dr. Claudia Vidal
Declined their II recently. Hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back!
Do you mind sharing why it was uncomfortable ? Thank youJust had my interview. Everyone I met was extremely nice and welcoming, it was great! But my interview was pretty uncomfortable to say the least =/. Hoping for the best either way. Good luck to everyone else interviewing
Can you share why it was uncomfortable ? Thank you for the helpMy interview was also strange and uncomfortable (interviewed 10/10). Maybe we had the same person haha. Also hoping for the best!