2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II around 5 pm!!!! OOS, Complete on August 14th! So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
The MD GODS have finally smiled upon got my first interview!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Does SLU accept update letters?
I sent an update through the portal last year and received an II a few weeks later. The content of my update also came up in my interview so I know they read it. I'd say 1 substantial update pre-II is appropriate and can only help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dreamed that I received an II last night. Maybe it will come in a couple of days :)

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates on when acceptance/rejection/waitlist decisions come out?

I am flying into stl tonight for my interview on Tuesday (10/18), I am planning to spend the day tomorrow (10/17) exploring the city! I have a rental car, PM if you would be interested in exploring a bit and/or grabbing dinner and bouncing some interview conversation ideas back and forth.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on all the interviews everyone! I have an interview coming up that's at 1PM. What time do you think I would be finished with everything? Just trying to see if I would be safe for a 4:50 flight or if that would be cutting it a little close. Thank you for your help!

Congrats on all the interviews everyone! I have an interview coming up that's at 1PM. What time do you think I would be finished with everything? Just trying to see if I would be safe for a 4:50 flight or if that would be cutting it a little close. Thank you for your help!

If you're interview is at 1PM, it should be after the tour and informational presentations. Thus, it'll probably be the last thing you do, and you'll probably be out of there by 2pm at the latest. In my experience, the St. Louis airport was not crowded at all, and getting through security took like 5 minutes. So you should probably be fine if your flight leaves at 4:50pm. Just my two cents! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I concur with the person above me, that you probably have time. although it is like a 30ish minute drive to the airport from the med school building, traffic depending. But the airport was one of the fastest I have been to!

I concur with the person above me, that you probably have time. although it is like a 30ish minute drive to the airport from the med school building, traffic depending. But the airport was one of the fastest I have been to!

If you're interview is at 1PM, it should be after the tour and informational presentations. Thus, it'll probably be the last thing you do, and you'll probably be out of there by 2pm at the latest. In my experience, the St. Louis airport was not crowded at all, and getting through security took like 5 minutes. So you should probably be fine if your flight leaves at 4:50pm. Just my two cents! Good luck!

Thank you both so much! Flights are all set :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted :) got the email just now

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted as well!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Definitely my top choice. I am so excited right now! Lizzy M~71 interviewed late September, OOS

Reactions: 6 users
So is no news good news lol? II on 9/13 and no email from SLU yet today.

I interviewed on the same day and have heard nothing!!

Haha that's funny. That means we probably met IRL. My other friend who interviewed on 9/13 with us was accepted today. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best!

Haha that's funny. That means we probably met IRL. My other friend who interviewed on 9/13 with us was accepted today. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best!

what does IRL mean? ha I'm new to all of this!

I'm a 9/13 interviewer also! So strange knowing that I would probably recognize you if we were face-to-face haha

Hey, congrats to all those who were accepted today! Can anyone give me some insight into how to prepare for the interview, what the questions were like, and how long you spent interviewing? Anything helps, thanks!

Hey, congrats to all those who were accepted today! Can anyone give me some insight into how to prepare for the interview, what the questions were like, and how long you spent interviewing? Anything helps, thanks!

The interview was very relaxed! One-on-one, open file, approximately 45-60 minutes long, I think mine was around 45 minutes.

First, know what's on your application. A good portion of the questions include going through the activities you list on your AMCAS application. After that, it's just a few very standard interview questions (strengths, weakness, why SLU, etc.). The whole thing is very conversational, and my interviewer was super friendly!

Best of luck!

It was really laid back and lasted an hour for me. It was very conversational, she asked me about activities I had listed on AMCAS, what I do in my free time, about my hometown and then why I chose SLU. The only thing you can really do to prepare is to study your application and relax, it went by way faster than expected!

I was complete here 7/22 and haven't heard about an II. I was considering writing a letter of interest. Not sure if I should quite yet. Any thoughts? For reference LizzyM 73-74

I was complete here 7/22 and haven't heard about an II. I was considering writing a letter of interest. Not sure if I should quite yet. Any thoughts? For reference LizzyM 73-74
Same! I was complete 8/3. Is it too early to send a letter requesting some interview love?

I was complete 6/30 with around the same LizzyM score and just for an II last Tuesday without sending any sort of letter. Don't think it would hurt to send one, but I don't think you need to feel pressured to yet.

Accepted today!
Interviewed 9/20, LizzyM ~74
Good luck everyone

ACCEPTED!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just had my interview. Everyone I met was extremely nice and welcoming, it was great! But my interview was pretty uncomfortable to say the least =/. Hoping for the best either way. Good luck to everyone else interviewing

Just had my interview. Everyone I met was extremely nice and welcoming, it was great! But my interview was pretty uncomfortable to say the least =/. Hoping for the best either way. Good luck to everyone else interviewing
My interview was also strange and uncomfortable (interviewed 10/10). Maybe we had the same person haha. Also hoping for the best!

Just got an II!!!!! I love this school :love:
Scheduled on 11/8

Complete 9/7

Declined their II recently. Hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 7 users
Do you mind sharing why it was uncomfortable ? Thank you

So IIs are still going out? When should I start giving up hope? Haha.