2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting on an interview or acceptance?

waiting to hear back if I got in. Interviewed the second week of December

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Completed secondary pretty late, 12/3, haven't heard anything yet. Hoping for an II!

Has anyone interviewed with Dr. Marilyn Maxwell? How was it?

Interviewed 11/29 and still waiting in silence

If it's been a while, it might be worth it to just call and check up. They were very receptive, and they told me when my file would be up for discussion following my interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II on 1/5. Just withdrew my app, so hopefully an II is on its way to someone still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
W/D today. Hope someone else gets my interview spot!!

Reactions: 2 users
How Is the interview?
Interview is heavily dependent on who you interview with! Some of the Deans have tougher interviews than the physician I interviewed with--that being said, they are all rather conversation based and more about opening a dialogue than grilling you! Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview is heavily dependent on who you interview with! Some of the Deans have tougher interviews than the physician I interviewed with--that being said, they are all rather conversation based and more about opening a dialogue than grilling you! Hope this helps!!
I concur ^

Got an II today, only to have it followed by an email saying it was sent as part of a system glitch. Very disappointing.

Side note: Wasn't there a school a few years back that accidentally sent acceptance emails to its entire applicant list?

Wonder when they will start sending II's again. I'm starting to lose hope.

Wonder when they will start sending II's again. I'm starting to lose hope.

I got one yesterday so they're still coming. Not sure if this is bad news but on the calendar to pick the date of my interview, there was only one option left. I don't know if they only gave me one option or if that was the last day they're doing interviews (it was January 31st).

I got one yesterday so they're still coming. Not sure if this is bad news but on the calendar to pick the date of my interview, there was only one option left. I don't know if they only gave me one option or if that was the last day they're doing interviews (it was January 31st).
Yeah who knows. If I don't get an II it won't break my heart (it would be nice though). I have lower stats compared to the average matriculant here anyways.

I was only given two or so days to choose from and I interviewed in November. I think they only add a few dates at a time

I was estimated 4-5 weeks to hear back and now we're beyond that. Anyone know if they are behind or if this bodes poorly for my chances?

I was estimated 4-5 weeks to hear back and now we're beyond that. Anyone know if they are behind or if this bodes poorly for my chances?

I don't think it has anything to do with chances. Nobody from my week has heard back yet. I think they're just behind.

What were the offered interview dates? Trying to see if there's still hope for an interview this season

I saw dates in January and February. But I personally don't think they send the entire interview schedule to each person. I think each applicant just receives dates close to their interview invitation date.

How long are the interviews?

When can interviewees expect to hear back? Just interviewed recently

It's tough to say. Sounds like several people (myself included) have been waiting to hear back since November. But I was told it normally can take 4-6 weeks.

So whats the interview like? Do they ask you the general ?'s or is it conversational? I'd love to hear some stories if possible :)

I was told 4-5 weeks when I was there, but now we're going into week 6 for me. From this thread it looks like they are 3-4 weeks behind schedule. So estimate 2 months +

So whats the interview like? Do they ask you the general ?'s or is it conversational? I'd love to hear some stories if possible :)
As mentioned before, the interview is heavily dependent on who you speak with--once you find out who you are interviewing with, I recommend searching this feed for anyone that has interviewed with the same person. Mine was personally very conversational with a few broad, but classic questions (i.e. why medicine, a particular service experience you've enjoyed or learned from the most). My interviewer was extremely familiar with my application so I highly recommend knowing your own AMCAS and secondary VERY WELL so you aren't repetitive and can sell yourself even more.

anyone get and interview last year but didnt get offered one yet this year??? had an interview last year but redid my mcat and i got a bit worse =P not sure if this has basically screwed me over.

anyone get and interview last year but didnt get offered one yet this year??? had an interview last year but redid my mcat and i got a bit worse =P not sure if this has basically screwed me over.
I think that you are not necessarily screwed with a lower MCAT, but unless you have done extraordinary work/service/research over the past year to show them that they were wrong last year not accepting you, then it may have hurt you.

Last edited:
Just received an email, got placed on the alternate list

II just now. OOS but have lived in STL for past 7 years. Sent in secondary sometime in July.

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate listed today. Interviewed early December.

Last edited:
Just placed on alternate list. Interviewed Early December.

Well if week 1 of December just heard I guess I am next in line. Getting scared if a LM ~ 71 isn't accepted out of the gate.