-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II just now as well, but I'll probably turn it down as I'm accepted to a school which I'd most likely prefer to go to, and the time/cost of interviews is starting to get draining (good problem to have of course, not complaining!)
Lizzym ~72-74, pretty strong ECs, oos, complete mid August
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You may end up being pleasantly surprised, of course. Went into the interview with next to no knowledge of the school and now it's most likely where I will be attending next year! Good to hear you're in a great spot though. Best of luck!
Oh may I really hope my mid 3.8 and 35 work out! Nice job.33 and 3.99
The current students were amazingly nice and happy-- got a great vibe!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well congrats! I probably met you that day at the interview--loved the school, too...hoping to hear news soon! (Also 3.99...GO YOU)
Haha thanks, most people make fun of me for that! On our interview day they said that when you find out will depend more on meeting logistics than anything else so you shouldn't be worried. Best of luck, I hope to see you both next year ! 🙂Oh may I really hope my mid 3.8 and 35 work out! Nice job.
And Charlie those are amazing stats, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Hey all! I was accepted on 12/5 and interviewed 10/28 with Dr. Willmore. I just wanted to share with you guys I interviewed with him and it was tough and I legit thought I was rejected straight away. I cried the rest of the day knowing I had bombed the interview. Needless to say that I was shocked to have gained acceptance despite the tough interview! Just some words of advice, if you think your interview with Dr. Willmore went poorly or he was too strict, just don't take it personally and realize that is his interviewing style. After I interviewed with him, I searched high and low to find some comfort in the fact that he was so stern...so I hope I'm providing that for someone who feels uneasy after interviewing with him or any other strict interviewer! Best of luck to all!
Hey all! I was accepted on 12/5 and interviewed 10/28 with Dr. Willmore. I just wanted to share with you guys I interviewed with him and it was tough and I legit thought I was rejected straight away. I cried the rest of the day knowing I had bombed the interview. Needless to say that I was shocked to have gained acceptance despite the tough interview! Just some words of advice, if you think your interview with Dr. Willmore went poorly or he was too strict, just don't take it personally and realize that is his interviewing style. After I interviewed with him, I searched high and low to find some comfort in the fact that he was so stern...so I hope I'm providing that for someone who feels uneasy after interviewing with him or any other strict interviewer! Best of luck to all!
I love it when I get interviews with Directors of Admissions. A lot of people get intimidated by it but you have to realize that you're in a unique situation. Essentially if they like you, you're in, no questions asked.
Edit: it also gives me a positive view on the school when I see directors taking time to interview applicants. It shows me they care about the actual students and are not solely focused on administration.
I interviewed 11/22, nothing yet. But they said it could take 6-8 weeks with the holidays.
Accepted! I also interviewed 11/14. About an hour before I received my email, I called in to the admissions office. They said that if you don't receive a response tonight, you won't hear back until after the break. The office will close Friday tomorrow until Jan 3.
Accepted OMGGGG!!!!
Last edited:
Accepted OMGGGG!!!! I will be attending see everyone else in August!
Congrats! When did you interview?
Hey man interviewed the second week of November!Congrats! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go to Ted Drewe's. There's a lot of amazing stuff to do in STL, but you really need to go to Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard. Better than ice cream, and I'm pretty sure that they open for a little while in January. You will not regret going there in the slightest.II just now. Submitted 9/11. Lizzy M 72.8. Interviewing 1/9... Never been to St. Louis. What's fun to do? I'll be getting in on 1/8.
Anyone else try to pay the deposit but can't find the Fall 2017 Med School term they indicate in the email? Do I just pick school of medicine 2017-2018?
Last edited:
Anyone else try to pay the deposit but can't find the Fall 2017 Med School term they indicate in the email? Do I just pick school of medicine 2017-2018?
You just pick the one that is like "School of Medicine 2017-2018" or something like that. Later on when you confirm payment, it will say Fall 2017 Med School Term
Thank you!!!!You just pick the one that is like "School of Medicine 2017-2018" or something like that. Later on when you confirm payment, it will say Fall 2017 Med School Term
Hey guys,
I have an upcoming interview on Jan 9th and I just had a question about the day. In my itinerary, I'm scheduled to have the tour and luncheon between 10:40 and 1 with my interview at 2 pm. I was just wondering if there is anything else after the interview that I need to stay back for? Thanks!
I have an upcoming interview on Jan 9th and I just had a question about the day. In my itinerary, I'm scheduled to have the tour and luncheon between 10:40 and 1 with my interview at 2 pm. I was just wondering if there is anything else after the interview that I need to stay back for? Thanks!
Hey guys,
I have an upcoming interview on Jan 9th and I just had a question about the day. In my itinerary, I'm scheduled to have the tour and luncheon between 10:40 and 1 with my interview at 2 pm. I was just wondering if there is anything else after the interview that I need to stay back for? Thanks!
Nope, you should be good to go after that. You'll have to fill out a quick survey, but otherwise you should be free.
Is there an FB group for accepted students yet?
Anyone else interview the first week of December and waiting to hear back?
I interviewed in early December and I'm hoping for some good news soon!
Anyone else interview the first week of December and waiting to hear back?
Interviewed in late November and havent heard back. According to SDN no one from my interview week has heard anything yet. The holidays slowed everything down.
II yesterday. How long is the interview?
About an hour
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1st Acceptance!!!! So excited 🙂))
Congrats! When did you interview?
Week of 11/21 🙂Congrats! When did you interview?
Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! When were you complete?II today, scheduled for 2/20. Reapplicant who interviewed and waitlisted here last year.
8/31Congrats! When were you complete?
What were the offered interview dates? Trying to see if there's still hope for an interview this seasonII Today!!
Complete 9/30
For me, I only saw dates for feb/marchWhat were the offered interview dates? Trying to see if there's still hope for an interview this season
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
darn you SLU, when will you let us know our futures !?!?
Waiting on an interview or acceptance?darn you SLU, when will you let us know our futures !?!?
I interviewed that week and haven't heard anything yet.