2016-2017 University of Kentucky Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the hold letter as well. :(. At least it wasn't a rejection. Does anyone if UKy has tended to draw a lot of people from the waitlist in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you IS or OOS? I have heard that there is a lot of OOS waitlist movement and know a few OOS people who got off the waitlist in previous years. I would guess that UK is the first choice for a lot of IS students so that might be why IS waitlist movement isn't as high. My anecdotal evidence is probably also biased by the fact that I personally knew more OOS students haha.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm OOS. From Ohio. I imagine the hight OOS tuition probably helps with OOS waitlist movement. Thanks for the info! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
so if today is a committee meeting, can we expect to hear today or tomorrow and is it by email/portal/phone?

does anyone know what time of the day they actually meet?

so if today is a committee meeting, can we expect to hear today or tomorrow and is it by email/portal/phone?

does anyone know what time of the day they actually meet?

I was told they would meet this afternoon, and maybe you'll get a call around 4:00 or later. I applied RPLP, so it may be different! Good luck!

I was told they would meet this afternoon, and maybe you'll get a call around 4:00 or later. I applied RPLP, so it may be different! Good luck!
awesome, thanks for the info! and good luck to you too!!

do you happen to remember though if it came the same day they meet or the day after?
I got my call first thing on the 15th of October, but my interview was in August, I'm not sure how it works for later decisions

Accepted, heard yesterday evening (interviewed end of November). My interviewer called me to let me know

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Called this morning. Placed on hold for the RPLP

Good luck everyone! Call them and ask if you haven't heard anything back.
now I'm just worried I'm going to call to find out I'm on hold though

hold means that we're pretty much on the wait list and won't be reviewed again until may?

now I'm just worried I'm going to call to find out I'm on hold though

hold means that we're pretty much on the wait list and won't be reviewed again until may?

I think they review once in December/January and then again in April according to last years thread. When did you interview?

Has anyone else called and found out you got accepted?

Accepted.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if merit scholarships are blind to IS/OOS? UK is my top choice right now, but it's a good deal more expensive than another school I'm accepted at. Wondering if it's worth speaking to financial aid

Last edited:
Called them today and was told I am on hold. They're also sending me a letter via mail for my hold status.

Does anyone know if merit scholarships are blind to IS/OOS? UK is my top choice right now, but it's a good deal more expensive than another school I'm accepted at. Wondering if it's worth speaking to financial aid

https://meded.med.uky.edu/academic-excellence-scholarships

This is all I've found, but Im not sure how to interpret each fund. It definitely seems like some are open to all students, regardless of residency, but many favor kentucky students.

There isn't one yet, I check every day lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys, does anyone know how we send updates? I was just gonna email in my grades from this semesyter

Hey guys, does anyone know how we send updates? I was just gonna email in my grades from this semesyter

Can't answer your question, unfortunately. But were you planning on sending an official transcript or an unofficial transcript? I realy don't want to pay another 20$ to send an official one

Can't answer your question, unfortunately. But were you planning on sending an official transcript or an unofficial transcript? I realy don't want to pay another 20$ to send an official one

I was going to send an unofficial transcript.

Has anyone made a 2021 UK Facebook group?

First year dropping in :) I'm sure that you (or someone else on the forum) can go ahead and make the Facebook page. Someone in our class made our Facebook page pretty early in the application cycle... so don't be afraid to just make it :)

First year dropping in :) I'm sure that you (or someone else on the forum) can go ahead and make the Facebook page. Someone in our class made our Facebook page pretty early in the application cycle... so don't be afraid to just make it :)

Can I ask you a random question that I forgot to ask on interview day? I was wondering if UKCOM records lectures and makes them available online for students

Hi guys! I got an II mid September but the earliest dates available were late January soooo my interview isn't until January 28th. After reading this thread, I became extremely concerned that I'll basically be interviewing for a "waitlist spot". Does the class really fill up that fast or do I have still have a chance of being accepted here? I would be so grateful for any sort of clarification on this. Thanks!

You'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot. They traditionally have the class filled by Early December

Interviewed 12/13 and accepted today!!!!!!
International student, LizzyM ~78
First offer of the season! Dancing around the office now lol

Reactions: 2 users