2016-2017 University of Miami (Miller) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone on the alternate list still have the status "A final decision has been reached by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine on your application. Contact the admissions office...."? The past decision weeks, I saw that this status changes after the decision day if you haven't been accepted off the alternate list, but it didn't change for me this past week.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone on the alternate list still have the status "A final decision has been reached by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine on your application. Contact the admissions office...."? The past decision weeks, I saw that this status changes after the decision day if you haven't been accepted off the alternate list, but it didn't change for me this past week.
I was alt listed in early feb and I still have the same status

Members don't see this ad :)
Scored Status?

"Applicants will be invited to interview based on their evaluation score"

I've been on the "app is under review status since submitting in September" and just got scored

I was wondering if anyone who interviewed already has still not heard back from the school or even had their portal status changed.

I interviewed late January and was told at the end of the interview day that we would hear back February 22nd. It is March 6th and my portal still says

"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

Anyone have any idea as to why I have not been seen by the committee yet?

I was wondering if anyone who interviewed already has still not heard back from the school or even had their portal status changed.

I interviewed late January and was told at the end of the interview day that we would hear back February 22nd. It is March 6th and my portal still says .

"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail.".

Anyone have any idea as to why I have not been seen by the committee yet? .

Call the U

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone accepted been able to pay the deposit through Canelink yet?

Has anyone accepted been able to pay the deposit through Canelink yet?
Yes. As soon as I paid the status of my application changed to incomplete (which apparently you should not worry about)

I turned my secondary in on July 18 and sent an update in October. I have no idea when I got the scored status. I never saw it but I didn't check the portal often. The dates offered were March 10, 13, and 17. I took the 17th as I still have to book airfare and figure out how I'm gonna get time off work. I hope picking the later date doesn't hurt me. Does anyone know if they still have spots open in there class or if they are interviewing for the waitlist? I would love to go to this school.

Congrats! Do you remember when u were complete/how long you've had the scored status on your portal?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Is there a FB group for admitted students? How can I join?

I turned my secondary in on July 18 and sent an update in October. I have no idea when I got the scored status. I never saw it but I didn't check the portal often. The dates offered were March 10, 13, and 17. I took the 17th as I still have to book airfare and figure out how I'm gonna get time off work. I hope picking the later date doesn't hurt me. Does anyone know if they still have spots open in there class or if they are interviewing for the waitlist? I would love to go to this school.
You're never really interviewing for the waitlist. If you look at Teejay's comment from a page or two ago it details the interview/scoring process. If you get a high score than someone on the "waitlist" you get accepted. It's really just one big list with a score cut off for each admissions day.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today around 6 PM! Lizzy M 68, IS. Only option was 3/10

Still haven't gotten scored yet should I just consider myself out at this point?

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who has interviewed here remind me how we write a thank you note to our interviewer? I remember somewhere it being written to email admissions with your interviewers name or something but I can't find it!! Can someone help me out?

Has anyone contacted the financial aid office to find out when award letters will come out?
Thank you in advance.

Is it a good sign if my portal says I have been officially scored?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know when's the last scheduled interview date or what dates are available?

for those who have heard back post interview- when your portal updates and says that a final decision has been made is this indicative of being put on the alternate list or does it go either way?

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-13_13-54-56.png
    upload_2017-3-13_13-54-56.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 77
Can anyone who has interviewed here remind me how we write a thank you note to our interviewer? I remember somewhere it being written to email admissions with your interviewers name or something but I can't find it!! Can someone help me out?
Hi! I forgot to ask my interviewers for their contact info, so I just contacted admissions. They said to send them any correspondence and that they would add it to our files/pass it along to our interviewers :)

Side note- did Dean W sit in on anyone else's interview??

Hi! I forgot to ask my interviewers for their contact info, so I just contacted admissions. They said to send them any correspondence and that they would add it to our files/pass it along to our interviewers :)

Side note- did Dean W sit in on anyone else's interview??

Thanks! He certainly didn't sit in on mine but I don't know about others!!

Ok I've been patient, where are those calls! (Not that I'm expecting one in the slightest, but someone must be getting them!)

Accepted just now via call to the MD program! Interviewed 3/3

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted! I know this is the last day of interview decisions. Does anyone know if UM keeps sending waitlist decisions after this date?

Congrats everybody! So the list of acceptance days list nothing else but will there be more acceptance days and if so when and how many ?

I had given up but just got the call tonight (that I'm accepted from the waitlist)!

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in mid-Feb so I think they reviewed my application at yesterday's meeting. My status still says "Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

I wasn't accepted yesterday so has anyone who got a waitlist e-mail today see the same status?

Do we need to do anything in addition to the FAFSA for financial aid? +deadlines?