2016-2017 University of Pennsylvania (Perelman) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, call me crazy, but there may be a different way the do it this year. I feel they really revamped their website in the last 12+ months and, along with that, the portal may have changed, so this whole maintenance thing may be obsolete. Silly speculation

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, call me crazy, but there may be a different way the do it this year. I feel they really revamped their website in the last 12+ months and, along with that, the portal may have changed, so this whole maintenance thing may be obsolete. Silly speculation
That was the opposite of helpful. Don't feed my obsession.

Reactions: 1 user
You're crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's be patient, it's only a couple more days to a week. No need to call since they'll move along the information on their timeline.

They said "by March 15", and historically, they've released decisions prior to that date hence the mass anxiety and penn-ic manifesting in penn puns

Agreed. Decisions are imPENNding anyhow, calling won't it make it faster (doubt they'd give a specific date too)

I guess this means I have to go to class today? I had big plans to day drink and play video games though :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
I guess this means I have to go to class today? I had big plans to day drink and play video games though :cryi:
Haha right? I was either going to be celebrating or numbing a bruised ego, but one way or another it was going to be an excuse for drunk Dota

Haha right? I was either going to be celebrating or numbing a bruised ego, but one way or another it was going to be an excuse for drunk Dota
Drunk DotA is the best! Unfortunately I have 2 exams and classes through 9pm today, so I won't be doing much of that.

Drunk Overwatch is better my man

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

WAITLISTED!

.....noooooo....sorry....couldn't resist.....think it's all this penn-t up anxiety

Not cool bruh, thats grounds for an unsportsmanlike PENNalty

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WAITLISTED!

.....noooooo....sorry....couldn't resist.....think it's all this penn-t up anxiety

chestpain.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
just checked the portal and the graphics are completely different, is this the case for anyone else?

edit: a few minutes later, graphics back to normal, not sure what just happened

just checked the portal and the graphics are completely different, is this the case for anyone else?

Yes, but I thought that may just because I'm accessing now on a mobile instead of desktop.

Yes, but I thought that may just because I'm accessing now on a mobile instead of desktop.

i saw the change from my computer, so the graphics definitely did just change... something is going on

This is so funny if it's true. I think I notice a change too, like different colors on the right. The excitement!

i saw the change from my computer, so the graphics definitely did just change... something is going on

Looking at it on my computer now and it's the same as it was. I think it only looked weird from my phone earlier.

Maybe they're just messing with us and having a laugh about how much SDNers will read into the most minute detail.

Someone that really wants to get neurotic can just copy down the sauce and compare it again later

So will there be no email? Just a portal update?

Rejected from my state school just now :scared::scared::scared::scared: Only explanation is that I completely tanked the interview. I interviewed there right before interviewing at Penn :scared::scared:

Rejected from my state school just now :scared::scared::scared::scared: Only explanation is that I completely tanked the interview. I interviewed there right before interviewing at Penn :scared::scared:

Hey man, keep your chin up. What happened there doesn't necessarily have to affect what happened at Penn.

Don't read into it dude. I had an interview I thought was horrible, I literally knocked over a chair I was so nervous, ended up admitted. And my friend just got into a place he literally said "well I'm not getting in here" after his interview day. We're terrible judges of the impressions we give!

Edit: like, literally

When things like this happen, I try to think the universe is saving up good karma for a bigger win later on ;)

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks bros/broettes :luck:

Sending you all good, calming vibes as the most brutal of waits comes to an end! I'm at Penn now and couldn't be happier, so feel free to message me with any questions you have once decisions are (at long last) released.

Reactions: 9 users
The system is still up an active. Come on, Penn! End this limbo.

Not to be THAT guy, but looks like the admitted students' group went up within the past day:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Perelman2017/

Decisions were released 2 days after the creation of the group was reported in last year's thread. There's probably no predictive value to this, except perhaps that the creation of the group seems necessarily prior to the announcement of decisions. We probably could've just relaxed until now :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Well it looks like portal either goes down soon or we're waiting another day:

2015 (added retroactively for future Penn applicant/archaeologists)
Down for maintenance 9:51 AM
Decisions 12:19 PM

Down for maintenance 9:53 AM
Decisions 12:23 PM

Down for maintenance 10:21 AM
Decisions 10:39 AM

Down for maintenance 3:08 PM March 12 and again 8:51 AM March 14
Decisions 9:56 AM March 14

Down for maintenance 7:47 AM
Decisions 1:53 PM

Latest I'll frantically check is until about 10:30 Eastern

Well it looks like portal either goes down soon or we're waiting another day:

Latest I'll frantically check is until about 10:30 Eastern
The most hilarious part is that in my mind, decisions already aren't coming out today because its past the 9:51/9:53 mark. But it could totally be the case that the coffee machine needed to be refilled or something, or someone had to use the bathroom or something dumb like that so it will be a few minutes later this year. Lol @ my neurotic brain.

The most hilarious part is that in my mind, decisions already aren't coming out today because its past the 9:51/9:53 mark. But it could totally be the case that the coffee machine needed to be refilled or something, or someone had to use the bathroom or something dumb like that so it will be a few minutes later this year. Lol @ my neurotic brain.

I was thinking about that too. Like the timing of when somebody presses the button probably comes down to how much traffic there was in Philly on that day :p

Good luck to everyone, whatever the outcome. I hope that all of us have or will have at least one acceptance in hand, and that means we will be doctors. And that's all that matters. It's been a crazy, roller-coaster (still teetering on top)....glad to have ridden it with all of you.

Ok - now back to refreshing manically.

Reactions: 5 users